Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th Electric Offroad World Chamionship @ the Tiltyard

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default 1/8th Electric Offroad World Chamionship @ the Tiltyard

Oh boys and girls it's time to crown a world champion in E buggy and E Truggy. This race will take place in the summer of 2012 at the Tiltyard in Dayton, Virginia. This will be a 1/8th event only featuring E buggies and E Truggies. No other classes will be offered. Have you got what it takes to become the first ever Electric 1/8th world champion. There will be a limit of 200 entries, so once the signs up begin hurry and get you entries in before it's too late. I will let you know when I post it on RC Sign up.

The line forms here.

Last edited by Homer Allman; 12-20-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Oh boys and girls it's time to crown a world champion in E buggy and E Truggy. This race will take place in the summer of 2012 at the Tiltyard in Dayton, Virginia. This will be a 1/8th event only featuring E buggies and E Truggies. No other classes will be offered. Have you got what it takes to become the first ever Electric 1/8th world champion. There will be a limit of 200 entries, so once the signs up begin hurry and get you entries in before it's too late. I will let you know when I post it on RC Sign up.

The line forms here.
LOL, Is this an IFMAR event or just something you pulled out of your ass?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

It's something I pulled out of my ass, but there are no other world sanctioned 1/8th electric events and ROAR seems to want to drop the class. So it's on, come one come all. You too can be a world champion.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
It's something I pulled out of my ass, but there are no other world sanctioned 1/8th electric events and ROAR seems to want to drop the class. So it's on, come one come all. You too can be a world champion.
Sounds like fun, Homer. Depending on the date, I'd love to try to make it down to your race.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor
LOL, Is this an IFMAR event or just something you pulled out of your ass?
Do some research on the history of the Tiltyard and Homer. You might be suprised at the quality of the events that have been held there over the years.

Tiltyard celebrated it's 20 year anniversary in 2010. Initially set up as a high banked dirt oval track in 1990, then it changed to an offroad track in 1996. In it's electric heyday, the "Yard" (as most call it) hosted some of the nation's most prestigious races. In 2000 the Tiltyard hosted the NORRCA Nationals and finally reached it's pinnacle in 2003 hosting the ROAR Modified Electric Nationals. All the electric factory pros were in attendance and we saw the likes of Tebo and Cavalleri while they were still teenagers. It also witnessed the emergence of Losi driver Mike Truhe. I believe Mike spent a week living on Homer's couch (true story!).

2003 saw the extinction of 1/10 electric offroad racing as we once knew it. Suddenly the cars were bigger and the track needed to be bigger as well. The track dimensions at the mod nats was 125x70. After adding over 300 more loads of clay to the existing 100 loads of clay, the Tiltyard grew into it's present day size of 180x100.

With all that dirt you can guarantee the yard offers huge elevation changes and jumps, some breath-taking to a Tiltyard rookie. Besides the large jumps and the big hills the Yard also offers some of the highest speeds of any r/c track on the current circuit. It also has the traction to back it up. When going to the Yard prepare to fly high and go really fast. The Tiltyard's motto has always been "even to be last, you have got to be fast!" It certainly lives up to that saying.

As a racer, you may be thinking that big speed and lots of traction equals a lot of tire wear. Nothing can be further from the truth. Tire wear at the Yard is basically non-existent.

Last edited by badassrevo; 12-20-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys. It's time for the east to lead the way and show it can be done. Once all the other dates in our region are sorted out. I will annouce the schedule.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We're in! Tekin!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default Tiltyard

Homer, glad to see you're still at it. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I've never had the pleasure of running at the 'Yard! My ebuggy is ready....!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Randy thanks, I appreciate it.

RCJunky the track is still going strong.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

who races in va? and let alone where is there even a off road track in va?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've raced twice at the Tilt Yard and Homer is a class act that runs World
Class events.

I would be willing to bet Homer could get IFMAR and/or ROAR backing of
this event if he wants to have it.

Homer is a man that if he puts his mind to anything and tells you he is
going to do it (you can take it to the bank")
Old 12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

There are many offroad tracks in Virginia and there and lots of racers.

This track happens to be in my backyard and amongst some of the worlds best known tracks. We have raced for over 20 years hosting multiple regionals, nats and RC Pro events. This will be our first world championship race. Search yourtube for Tiltyard. The Tiltyard is more than a race, it's an experience.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

thanks Chuck.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Love the look of that track, and East coast, awesome!

Count me in!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
Do some research on the history of the Tiltyard and Homer. You might be suprised at the quality of the event that have been held there over the years.
Ya, Homer and I go way back to the Sgrid Hay day. I was just giving him crap. And I just now read where he got the idea from Howart in another thread.

I think its a good idea, however to make it a "World" event he would need Roar and Ifmar to make it a real World in other Countries eyes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.