R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   SJCCR 2012....USVTA 25.5 Edition! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/572582-sjccr-2012-usvta-25-5-edition.html)

Ray Murray 11-28-2011 07:22 AM

SJCCR 2012....USVTA 25.5 Edition!

http://www.sixfoottiger.com/images/gallery/4813.JPG

http://www.sixfoottiger.com/images/gallery/4754.JPG

Oh yeah, It's coming....2012 is right around the corner, and time to get ready for another fun year of SJCCR racing at Wagner Park in Williamstown NJ!

Here is the 2012 Schedule....Big races will be plugged in later....

May 6th- Non Points Race and Swap Meet

May 20th

June 3rd- Bob Bertotti Memorial Race

June 17th

July 1st

Special Event, Saturday July 7th- DNTV Series Race #2

July 15th

July 29th

August 19th- USVTA "Feel The Excitement" Championships!
(This event has been changed from the 12th to the 19th)

August 26th

September 9th Possible PAN OVAL EVENT!!! (still being worked on....)

September 23rd (Points Finale and 17.5 "BLINKY" PARTY!!!!!)

October 7th PIMPFEST

October 14th UF1 New Jersey (F1 Only)

Since the track is already done, it will be a blast to just get to racing in the spring!

As the title of this thread implies, we are going "full on" USVTA with the 25.5's this season! With starting this thread this early, will give everyone enough time to get onboard with the 25.5.

Also look for even more fun with even l-o-n-g-e-r run times!

Other classes like Nitro VTA, 17.5 Blinky TC, RCGT, F-1, Pan Oval, and Mini will always be offered, but the big class promises to be USVTA!

DIRECTIONS TO WAGNER PARK:

For gps, use 2083 S. Black Horse Pike, Williamstown N.J. 08094....This is the house at the entrance to Wagner Park.

For non gps, Wagner Park is 1/2 mile south of Peters Diner on the Black Horse Pike (heading toward the shore, between mile markers 27 and 28)

Look for the high tension lines that cross the Black Horse Pike, and the park is directly underneath them. Just turn down the Wagner Park access road, and the track is behind the tennis courts and hockey rink.

Just to get you on the right page, here are the USVTA specs so you can get'er'done over the winter....

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/images/header.gif

NEW RULES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 28, 2011.
Rules updated 4.4.2012. All rules subject to change and expansion should need arise.

It is highly suggested that all indoor carpet tracks use these rules exactly as they are written with no deviations. Please try to keep it consistent and fair for everyone who may attend your track from around the country.

Trans Am Class Rules and Specifications
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Body Specifications:
Late '60s to early '70s American pony car Vintage Trans-Am bodies only.
Note: Any 2-seat sports car (like the '67 Corvette Stingray) or any non-American built car (like the DeTomaso Pantera) does not fall under the American pony car category.

Bolink part numbers:
BL2262 '68 Chevrolet Camaro
Also known as RJ Speed Part # BOL2262

BL2263 '65 Ford Mustang
Also known as RJ Speed Part # BOL2263

HPI part numbers:
17510 - 1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda
7494 - 1968 Chevrolet Camaro
17531 - 1969 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28
17546 - 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 (scale wing ok)*
105106 - 1970 DODGE CHALLENGER BODY
*Note* For the (3) HPI Mustangs which are not provided with a spoiler: (i.e. 17508, 17519 and 104926)
A lexan spoiler of 16mm total height from trunk deck, and overall chord of 20mm is allowable. All other bodies must use the spoiler included with that specific body set. Built in spoilers may not be enhanced.
* 17508 - 1965 Ford Shelby GT-350
* 17519 - 1966 Ford Mustang GT
* 104926 - 1966 FORD MUSTANG GT COUPE BODY

Parma part numbers:
10143 - 1969 Z28 Camaro
10141 - 1970 Boss Mustang
10113 - 1970 'Cuda

Pegasus Hobbies part numbers:
PGH4001 - 1970 Camaro SS
PGH4002 - 1970 'Cuda
PGH4003 - 1970 Mustang

Protoform part numbers:
#1526 - J71

McAllister Racing part numbers:
#286- 1969 Mustang body

Wings or Spoilers: Body provided deck lid spoilers allowed (not wings). No additional skirts or raised/extended wings or air control surfaces allowed. Body must be trimmed at body trim lines. Full rear bumper required. It is highly preferred that bodies are detailed in race type livery in period-correct paint schemes. Fluorescent colors, wild graphics, chromes and non-period correct paint schemes are frowned upon. All cars must have a number on the hood, both doors and trunk lid. Wheel covers of any type are NOT allowed.

Driver Figures: All cars must include a driver figure consisting of at least a head and shoulders. Here are some examples of driver figure part numbers (ANY suitable 1/10 driver figure is legal - these are readily available examples)

HPI
#104815 INNER BODY SET FOR DT-1 TRUCK BODY

Associated
6180 Driver, unpainted, 1:10

McAllister
#423 Stock Interior and Driver
#419 SPRINT CAR DRIVER

Tire & Wheel Specifications:
The only tires allowed are HPI tire part #4793 "front" and #4797 "rear", using stock tire inserts provided with tire and any HPI Vintage wheels designed to fit these tires. All other tires and/or part numbers are illegal. Wheels and tires designated as "front" must be used as front tires/wheels, "rear" wheels/tires must used as rears. Five or Eight spoke wheels available in various colors. 0mm offset front wheels and 6mm offset rear wheels are intended for 26mm width fronts and 31mm width rear tires. 8-spoke Vintage wheels from #3805 through #3814, 5-spoke Vintage wheels from #3815 through #3822 and Vintage stock car wheels from #3854 through #3860, Vintage Wheel CC Type #33472 and #33473, Vintage Wheel DTP Type #33474 and #33475 are all legal wheels.

Grinding of tire tread is NOT permitted. Sanding of mold seam to remove seam is allowed. HPI Vintage Slicks and HPI Vintage Performance Tires are not allowed. Tire traction compounds are at the discretion of the track. No other altering, changing or softening of the tire is allowed. No "double stuffing" of foam inserts allowed—only single stock vintage tire inserts are allowed.

Chassis Specification:
Four Wheel Drive touring car chassis only. Any era or brand 4wd chassis is allowed.

Gear Ratios: Note: There is no gear ratio limitation in VTA. If you need a recommendation, a 4.0 FDR is a good place to start. An Excel spreadsheet gear ratio and final drive ratio calculator for most touring car chassis is available here.

Motor Specifications:
Only two types of 25.5 brushless motors (powered by 2-cell LiPo battery) are allowed: Novak SS25.5 Pro brushless motor (pn:3425V) or Ballistic 25.5 (pn:3625V- stator only pn:S6625) ONLY combined with any hard-cased 2C 7.4v LiPo pack up to and including 5000 mAh capacity. Novak motors are the ONLY motor allowed at this time. All house track rules regarding LiPo usage apply. Only physical motor timing advance is allowed, however Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the last line of the timing range sticker. 12.3 mm rotor diameter only (no "tuning" rotors are allowed, only stock Novak rotors allowed). Using ceramic bearings in the motor makes you a dork. No modifications or optional parts allowed on motor can, endbell, stator, or rotor. No cooling holes or other changes allowed to motor.

Approved ESCs:
NOVAK-
Club Brushless ESC (#1852)
EDGE 2S Brushless ESC (#1850, 1851)
Mongoose Micro Brushless/Brush ESC (#1718)
GTB 2 Racing w/X-Drive (#1749)
GTB 2 Racing w/X-Drive- Low Profile (#1748)
GTB 2 Sportsman Racing Brushless ESC (#1708, 1709)
GTB series part numbers: 1710, 1711
Havoc series part numbers: 1732, 1733, 1735
Slyder part number: 1712
XBR (DISCONTINUED) part number:1720

LRP
A.i. Brushless Reverse part numbers: LRP80100, LRP80150

SPEED PASSION
Cirtix Stock Club Race ESC part number: 12280
Reventon Stock Club Race part number: SP000048

Battery Specifications:
Battery must be a 2-cell (7.4V) LiPo hard cased, 5000 mAh limit.

Ride Height Specification:
Minimum ride height is 5mm.

Weight Specification:
Minimum 1550g in race-ready trim.

Race Specification:
- 5 minute qualifiers.
- 8 minute mains.
- Absolutely NO IFMAR-type starts. All heats and mains should be straight-up starts, with random sorts for each heat. Non random sorts should shuffle starting order for each heat.

Optional Main Variations:
- 12-20 car A-mains, depending on car counts.
- Invert qualifying order based on random hat pull (top 6-10 cars).
- "LeMans" type starts where all cars are lined up on an angle to the racing line in order.
- Run track in reverse rotation for mains.
- Rolling starts.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: If it's not in the rules, and does not encompass the spirit of slower, controlled racing with realistic looking cars, consider it illegal. This is called the "Spirit of VTA" Rule. The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final.

Ray Murray 11-28-2011 07:26 AM

If you haven't seen it....here is typical VTA video at Wagner Park....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

RyeRey521 11-28-2011 08:34 AM

I can not wait... Wish I could have gotten out there this past weekend with the beautiful weather.... Wanted to get a couple battery packs through... My Christmas list is filled with odds and ends for my car... Hows the track looking... I am available if we are going to do some periodic maintanance through the winter, if any needs to be done.

Had time to stop by the track today and it actually looks rather clean.... No debris or anything and banners are all in place. The only thing is it looks like someone came and stole the alluminum seats for the bleachers so we have the steel frames but no seats for spectators....

Ray Murray 11-28-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by RyeRey521 (Post 9967725)
The only thing is it looks like someone came and stole the alluminum seats for the bleachers so we have the steel frames but no seats for spectators....

Good looking out Ryan....Biggie posted that in the old thread.... Hopefully the frames will still be there so we can at least look at some wooden plankage for the spring.

Also, if you do get the chance, I remember you told me you can secure the track inner boards to the asphalt. I would really hate for some "tool" to figure out they're metal and take them for scrap....Ka-KANNNNGGGG!!!! LOL

I can bring the genny....:nod:

dodgeboy 12-01-2011 07:51 AM

I found the thread Ray

Ray Murray 12-01-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by dodgeboy (Post 9981918)
I found the thread Ray

Yeah, I started this thread really early, in case there are people here in the Northeast who are looking to race USVTA in the spring.

Santa is coming, so hopefully he'll have a bag full of 25.5's....LOL

Anyone interested in joining in the fun, feel free to post, and also post pics of your "USVTA rides" so we can admire them in the meantime....

If you want a custom paintjob done, dodgeboy has you covered....:nod:

Ray Murray 12-02-2011 10:15 AM

To my F1 peeps....I know this would still be a popular class if we had a defined ruleset....There is a local movement to look at the UF1 specs.

Take a look and let me know what you think....

http://uf1series.com/rules.html

I still have to wrap my head around the racing format, but the car specs look good to me....

RyeRey521 12-02-2011 02:15 PM

F1

Those rule are simply enough to follow, and most should already have a 21.5..... I was thinking about another class but wasn't sure about the rules for f1 so didn't consider it... Could be fun, only thing is when I think of f1's I think of blisteringly fast speeds, not that I'm good enough for that though so I'm not going to make an issue of that lol...

The 2-min qualifier sounds like a good idea except that's assuming you have enough drivers for multiple heats. Also the pits sound like a cool realistic addition to the class but how is it governed, and would that require a pit lane of some sorts, which we don't currently have?

Anyone have an extra f1 for sale? :nod:

dodgeboy 12-02-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Murray (Post 9981982)

If you want a custom paintjob done, dodgeboy has you covered....:nod:

Thanks for the plug Ray
www.bodiesbybean.com

link to all the diferent VTA bodies I have painted over the last few years
http://www.bodiesbybean.com/gallery.cfm?partyid=33

Ray Murray 12-03-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by RyeRey521 (Post 9987495)
....Also the pits sound like a cool realistic addition to the class but how is it governed, and would that require a pit lane of some sorts, which we don't currently have?

I have to look into this a bit more....Yes, we do have a pit lane we use for the nitros on the right side sweeper....;)

Biggie85 12-09-2011 08:47 AM

Got my VTA setup and ready to go!!! Never wanted winter to go by faster!!

dominick i. 12-09-2011 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by RyeRey521 (Post 9987495)
Those rule are simply enough to follow, and most should already have a 21.5..... I was thinking about another class but wasn't sure about the rules for f1 so didn't consider it... Could be fun, only thing is when I think of f1's I think of blisteringly fast speeds, not that I'm good enough for that though so I'm not going to make an issue of that lol...

The 2-min qualifier sounds like a good idea except that's assuming you have enough drivers for multiple heats. Also the pits sound like a cool realistic addition to the class but how is it governed, and would that require a pit lane of some sorts, which we don't currently have?

Anyone have an extra f1 for sale? :nod:

i've got an f-103 with a brand new in bag exotek conversion available

Ray Murray 12-09-2011 10:45 AM

Also, wanted to remind you guys that we do have an indoor USVTA event coming up on Sunday January 29th at Horsham R/C....the 3rd Annual SJCCR SLowbirds!!!!

This will be a "meet and greet" of sorts for anyone looking to race with us at Wagner Park in the spring! I'm also having a special concourse for just the USVTA cars, that will be prominently displayed on this thread!

Many other classes will also be running, so keep that date open....:sneaky:

Kwikvdub 12-09-2011 11:57 AM

3rd Annual SJCCR SLowbirds!!!!

:tire::cool::tire:

scooterman19 12-09-2011 05:22 PM

o

:tire:Oh CRAP!! late to the party again....lol....Stockin up on weed killer so I dont have to use the shovel anymore...(NOT FUN)...also getting banners and have some people telling me that the can get me some. Looks like only Nitro for me again but might get the F1 up and running..(nice winter project)...Ray if ya need me to do anything let me know Ill be going up periodically to do some stuff....just before the spring I am thinking about building a small cart to put trash cans on so I can take them up to the other cans to get rid of them,,,,again if anyone has empty 55 gallon drums we can use them....also stockin up on red and white spray paint because someone cough cough did a crappy job of sprayin yellow on my beautiful paint job...lol. And I guess I better start lookin for some 2X10's to fix the bleachers. would also like to build Ray a better work station.:nod: Might be startin the RC flying thang!!! So not gonna have a ton of cash to go electric VTA this year:cry: if anyone needs anything feel free to email me and I will get back to ya...HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL and hope ya get cool RC stuff from the fat guy in the red suit....CYAAAAAAAAS!!!!:tire::tire::cool: