Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maximus R/C Indoor Dirt Raceway - York, ME

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

yeah, I understand what you are saying pete... heck, I haven't even driven on the track yet!
but it looks great as it is! Sometimes it's just fun to dream

I might try and convince my dad (and my brother too if he wants to come) to come check out the track this saturday when he picks me up from school! (going home, so I won't be back for a while )
If he can bring my Slash up, my Hacker came in today, so I now have a "normal" sized motor! haha Maybe I can toss it out for a bit of practice!
EDIT: nope... leaving on Friday now... I'll try and make it up for a weekend over break once my truck is race-worthy!

if you guys ever need help with anything, give me a holler, I'll be more than glad to take a trip up here!

Last edited by User Unrelated; 12-14-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, just letting you know my son and I are coming up tonight to race. We will be racing 2wd open buggy. We are RCE regulars and have raced many years. Dying to try out your track. See ya tonight.
Chris Colella
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cruzen chris
Hi guys, just letting you know my son and I are coming up tonight to race. We will be racing 2wd open buggy. We are RCE regulars and have raced many years. Dying to try out your track. See ya tonight.
Chris Colella
Glad to see you guys back racing again Chris. I hope you guys are having a good time up there tonight. The track is technical and alot of fun, there is a few of us from NH that go up almost every saturday.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Rookie

hey Herb, hows it going. We wanted to try the track out, just got home here in Salem, only a 48 minute ride. Nice track, CJ sometimes has to work on thursday nights, so this works out for us too. We`re going to take turns depending on his work schedule. To bad we missed you. Maybe next time. Take it easy and we`ll see ya soon.
Chris
Old 12-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Layout: awesome

Layout Ideas: frequently horrible and should be dismissed at will consider it the pea-nut gallery and take from it ideas that sound good to you, dismiss the rest and know we just have fun tossing out the ideas. current layout is a blast and challenges every level of driver.

Layout changes: 3 to 4 months is awesome. aggressive even, perhaps. I like the motto 'right tool for the job'. In this case, the bobcat from the red barn rents for $165 a day + gas. My knees are made of screws, plastic and someone elses ligements, so my personal labor ability is a bit limited..... However, I don't mind talking to strangers and I think that if we can generate some funds to cover the bobcat for a couple days and maybe some food for a work force..... I'm in to help where I can

crossovers are very tricky. wall corners are cool, but for the back room, it would have to be carpet/rubber/astro-turf/something with a wood frame support....... so probably banked corners off the cement :-) but, as time goes on, it would add another demension.

end of the day, just really enjoy turning laps up there.

Many thanks to the Maximus Crew.

Smyka,,,,,, miss u,,,, and your glue
Old 12-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What about Smyka's glue??

Right on Bear... looks like you guys had fun on Saturday... I could only watch from the camera... Wish I was there to try and knock on the door again!

Looking forward to tomorrow night... should be a good crowd.... and I am only running 2 classes (I promise) I ran 4 last week and yea it was fun... but I need to get better at 4WD and 2WD Mod... just tough sometimes driving them both well in the same day.... My throttle finger gets so confused!!

Thats it.... Im switching back to sticks!!

See you all tomorrow night!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Smyka and I have a....... 'sticky' history but there are few I would prefer to see at the track more than him.

I'll be flying in from Alaska on the 29th.... so I 'might' make the 31th.... but, will probably see you in Jan...... don't worry, I won't let anyone else play with the ball gag...
Old 12-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

their is no sticky story casey but i do remember you saying you will never plays tricks on me ever again hahahahaahahaaaa and since i run for proline i get glue by the truck load now .. i know myself carl chewy and a few others want to come up for next race so hope to see you their
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I plan on coming up this saturday to finally race. Hopefully i can find a body by then lol.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully I'll be up with Hypn0t1q79 this weekend too!
I WANT to race, but I think I will just be practicing this time 'round
I only have 2 LiPo's, and I think that might be hard to run all day on only 2 batteries! I'll be ordering 2 more soon, probably tomorrow... and Bear said he had a cheap one

And hey, you can borrow my old duct-taped stock body if it comes down to it

I just have to do a bit of soldering, and tweaking, and I'll be all set for stock SC raci-uuh... practicing action! haha
Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by User Unrelated
Hopefully I'll be up with Hypn0t1q79 this weekend too!
I WANT to race, but I think I will just be practicing this time 'round
I only have 2 LiPo's, and I think that might be hard to run all day on only 2 batteries! I'll be ordering 2 more soon, probably tomorrow... and Bear said he had a cheap one

And hey, you can borrow my old duct-taped stock body if it comes down to it

I just have to do a bit of soldering, and tweaking, and I'll be all set for stock SC raci-uuh... practicing action! haha
If you are only running one class 2 batteries will be plenty. You have roughly an hour between runs to charge. I generally run 2 classes and have 4 packs i race with. The best practice is being on the the track during qualifiers and on the clock against other racers.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, it's also because I'm trying to save my money to make sure I have enough to get all my trucks in tip-top shape by the end of winter. (College + no job to pay for personal expenses + RC addiction = a VERY tight budget)
I have $300 from the holidays, that's it, no more, and no less. I've already spent $100 on batteries, a motor, and tires. I still need to spend another $75 to get my DF-03 in running order, and my Slash needs a new transmission case, and better drive shafts if the budget allows.
I will be racing eventually, but just not this weekend...
who knows, maybe I'll change my mind between then and now.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Are you guys racing this Saturday ?
Old 12-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

I sure hope so!
I've got nothing better to do on new years, and I'm really thinkin' I'm going to be in the mood to "race" full speed into the new year! haha.
that would be fun to all hang around and throw a sweet new-years party, but I'm guessing other people have things to do and places to be, unlike me

And my brother might be coming up too! he's got an Emaxx, so he'd just be practicing.
He also has an awesome HD camera (NOT just a handycam!), and he is a videographer at heart (whereas I'm an engineer/RC freak) so he'll probably be taking some awesome video of the racing (I'm going to assume it would be okay?) there isn't much about Maximus out on Youtube, so if we could get a nice video or two up there, that would be great!

EDIT: scratch that! My brothers friend is also coming!... so be prepared for double-trouble Emaxxes at some point haha

Last edited by User Unrelated; 12-30-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

I couldn't 'bear' the thought of missing another week of racing. No need to hibernate as it's warm inside so I'll be pawing my way to a faster lap....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.