Wiki Posts
Search

RCOS and Tiltyard Schedule for 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Overtorqued
I read this thread, but I'm having a little trouble 'connecting the dots'. I also asked some questions on another board and had no replies yet. So, please bear with me...

I used to race r/c, and raced at the Tiltyard a bit in the past. It's local to me (I'm in Verona) so I'm trying to find out what's going on there. Are there any 'local' races? What about practice, is the track open for that at all? What classes are popular? If there are local level races, what are the turnouts like (and for that matter, what are they like at other tracks)?

Basically, I'm evaluating whether I want to get back into some r/c racing, what the classes are like now, etc. It looks like there are some other tracks in VA, but having a good local track is a major factor for me. Also, the race turnouts are a factor...in this economy I'm not sure how many are showing up for races? I like competition so the more people in a class the better. Based on my preferences and research, I'd be most interested in 4wd SC mod or 1/8 electric buggy.

Any and all information would be much appreciated.
Ebuggy biggest class everywhere in region 2 Nitro guys don't hate.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Homer says that track is open for practice, I believe daily (I would confirm through him though).

Local racing--Homer stated he hasn't had much luck getting a consistent showing to make it a normal event.

Racing in general--if people show up, say on a Saturday/Sunday, I think he will set up races.

The schedule right now is RC Pro race in Aug and the 1/8th Tekin Electric Worlds in September.

I just trying to recite stuff I have seen on the threads, I'm sure Homer will jump in and correct anything that I'm mistaken about.

There was NO RCOS circuit for 2012, it was cancelled due to many conflicts within the schedule.

~Ron
Thanks for that info. I'll have to get in touch with Homer some time. I wish I'd have been looking into this early in the year...I might have actually planned out a schedule to knock the rust off then followed up by entering the big 1/8 race.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry I have been really busy lately. The track is always open when dry. It's been wet all week and will probably not dry until next week, with the pending rain. 1/8th E buggy is one of the biggest classes. Short cousre stuff is really not that fun on the high speed, high flying Tiltyard. You can come out anytime when the track dries up. We only do a couple of races a year. We have only a handful of local guys. We have two races left Aug 4-5 is the RC Pro series race, all classes and then we do the Tekin E worlds September 7-9.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm really liking the e-buggies...

I'm going to try to come out and watch some for the two remaining 2012 races. I'd like to do that before buying anything but I have an itchy trigger finger. I'm ready to spend some $$$!