Wiki Posts
Search

Mushroom Bowl Indoor Carpet 2011-2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Mushroom Bowl Indoor Carpet 2011-2012

Hey all, you know it's time for some carpet racing. Of course we're running this season, we have just had a KILLER off-road season we're finishing up and doing some facility updates.

If you haven't been back since last winter... here's the updates you will see...

- New, fresh hobby shop
- Cleaned up pit areas, repainted pit benches.
- Bathrooms completely redone.
- Slop sink for cleaning your stuff...
- Switched to RC Scoring Pro ... JLaps begone!

And upcoming for the indoor season...

- Two mezzanine decks above the track area on each side of the facility for premium viewing. We hope to get some comfy furniture up there so you can bring your wife and kids!

- Elevated and extended drivers stand

- Ozite carpeting will be installed. Cement floor will be leveled, and we will possibly put a subfloor down if needed.

- Extra special, still working on it, but tire truing station... I have a lead on a huge 12V power supply which people can plug their truers into... still work in progress.

Classes this season are below. Trying to keep them inline with the other tracks in the area, but we will have one class no one else is running... Brushless F1 21.5 blinky with club stock brushless motors (motor TBD). This will be a breakout class, fast guys will run separate of slow guys... the slow guys can break out to the fast class by having a top 10 average lap time of X (where X is TBD based on track layout and what everyone is running).

Also running...

- 1/12 13.5 superstock timing/boost
- 1/12 17.5 blinky (if enough interest)
- 1/10 17.5 blinky (rubber tires only... don't complain, with the ozite it'll be fine)
- 1/10 VTA 21.5 brushless (lax VTA rules, any 21.5 any blinky ESC)
- 1/18 sedan and/or truck

We will be running a 12 week point series again this year, usually in 2 week intervals. Of course we'll have the Muscle Car Madness again this year!

More details and schedule to follow. Expect racing to begin mid-late October.

960 West Cypress Street
Kennett Square, PA 19348
(610) 444-4221

Last edited by kuruption; 11-14-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

YEAH!

Personally I think 17.5 blinky would be the ideal 1/12 scale class. Why? It brings everybody down the same playing level, is less destructive on your gear, yet is cost efficient that your not truing tires every weekend. I encourage as many new people to try this class to see how much fun it really is. Going 'slower' helps you focus on your line, entry points yet keeps you more consistent I think. With some of our 'newer' crowd joining us it keeps them closer lap time wise making it even more competitive, yet close. I think these key arguments make this ideally the class to consider this year. If you look around the surrounding Tri-State area, yes, both blink and 13.5 boosted are offered, but which of these has the strongest following? Hard to tell at the moment quite frankly but most of the larger events are following the pattern of blink mode only in either 13.5 and 17.5 for there pan car class. Ultimately its up to the racers to decided, and decide they shall.

Arguable I'm writing this because I can't recall my setup for 13.5 boosted - Honest!

Anybody interested in running 1/12 this year, I have my car from last year up for sale. I plan on keeping it as a loaner for anyone to try out the class if I can't gather interest in selling it.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
YEAH!

Personally I think 17.5 blinky would be the ideal 1/12 scale class. Why? It brings everybody down the same playing level, is less destructive on your gear, yet is cost efficient that your not truing tires every weekend. I encourage as many new people to try this class to see how much fun it really is. Going 'slower' helps you focus on your line, entry points yet keeps you more consistent I think. With some of our 'newer' crowd joining us it keeps them closer lap time wise making it even more competitive, yet close. I think these key arguments make this ideally the class to consider this year. If you look around the surrounding Tri-State area, yes, both blink and 13.5 boosted are offered, but which of these has the strongest following? Hard to tell at the moment quite frankly but most of the larger events are following the pattern of blink mode only in either 13.5 and 17.5 for there pan car class. Ultimately its up to the racers to decided, and decide they shall.
Well, something else to keep in mind is that our track is smaller than others in the area, so running 17.5 blinky may be a better option overall. With the extended drivers stand in the carpet area, we could put 8-10 1/12 on the track at 17.5 and have some real fun racing.

Arguable I'm writing this because I can't recall my setup for 13.5 boosted - Honest!
80 degrees of timing and 20 degrees of boost with a 2:1 gear ratio.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kuruption
Well, something else to keep in mind is that our track is smaller than others in the area, so running 17.5 blinky may be a better option overall. With the extended drivers stand in the carpet area, we could put 8-10 1/12 on the track at 17.5 and have some real fun racing.

80 degrees of timing and 20 degrees of boost with a 2:1 gear ratio.
Initially that is what I thought was suitable for this track and partly why I recommended blink opposed to boosted. On the contrary and on this particular track I feel that boosted and blink may be around the overall same speeds laptime wise. Now I don't have any sound evidence of this or proof that I can go waving in your face, but think to yourself on a track this size, where does the boost kick in the most? Probably the straightaway more then any other portion of the track. So your probably going to lose a few tenths per lap and that it. Although the cars will appear to be 'slower' you'll end up with much more consistent racers ready for the 2012 nitro season rather then ricocheting ping pongs.

Last edited by Team Speedy; 09-13-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: grammar..
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Initially that is what I thought was suitable for this track and partly why I recommended blink opposed to boosted. On the contrary and on this particular track I feel that boosted and blink may be around the overall same speeds laptime wise. Now I don't have any sound evidence of this or proof that I can go waving in your face, but think to yourself on a track this size, where does the boost kick in the most? Probably the straightaway more then any other portion of the track. So your probably going to loss a few tenths per lap and that it. Although the cars will appear to be 'slower' you'll end up with much more consistent racers ready for the 2012 nitro season rather then ricocheting ping pongs.
Well, you can look at the results from last year. On the same layout, 1/12 boosted were in the 9's consistently (Scooby being the exception) and VTA w/ 21.5 was running in the 10s.

That being said, I really want F1 to take off. It'll be a fun class.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Prophet

no sc truck class
Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
no sc truck class
Stay tuned for that... we got something special going on for the offroad guys. Moving the jumps between heats was too much trouble last year, so we're going to switch it up a bit.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kuruption
Stay tuned for that... we got something special going on for the offroad guys. Moving the jumps between heats was too much trouble last year, so we're going to switch it up a bit.
sounds good

yea i agree it did take a long time to change the jumps in between heats for sure.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

What night do you guys run??
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markiemark
What night do you guys run??
For as long as I can remember Saturdays for on road, I'll let Ray disclose what is planned for the short course trucks.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

1/12th w/ 17.5 sound like fun. I'd be in.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want to run this winter and need to figure out what I should get. Based on last years turn outs what do you think will be the biggest class this year? Any guesses? I was looking into VTA but I also like F1 and 12th.

I know its probably to early to ask but I figured I would anyway.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by emag521
I want to run this winter and need to figure out what I should get. Based on last years turn outs what do you think will be the biggest class this year? Any guesses? I was looking into VTA but I also like F1 and 12th.

I know its probably to early to ask but I figured I would anyway.

Thanks
Early in the season we had 1-2 heats of 1/12 weekly. Towards the end of the season just 1 heat of 1/12. Touring car was a hit or miss, usually 1 heat weekly. F1 was not run typically, if it was it was during a large event or during Papaswing's F1 tour. Likewise, VTA had 1 heat pretty much every week. Sadly short course started to outnumber all the classes by the end of the season. I guess if you can't beat em, join em eh?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Honestly you can pickup either a 1/12 or F1 at a reasonable cost. However the problem that is going to kill you is tires weekly. Since your running foam tires, they are prone to chunk, rip, peel or wear down. You'll either need to make friends with somebody that has a truer and rely on them weekly or invest in your own. I know MBRC is trying their hardest to push the F1 class this season, and at a very enticing, entry price. For a 1/12 your able to pick them up a dime a dozen, you can go all out and purchase the latest and greatest kit with some conversion kit done to it or go simple and have a basic, common car in which everyone else drives. If I recall right here's the breakdown.

• Xray - 1
  • AE 12r5.1 (either CEFX, On-Point or AE) 3-5
  • Serpent 120L - The lone ranger
  • BMI (The car I had, and for sale) 1-2
  • CRC - 2
  • AE 12L4 - 1-3
  • Speed Merchant Rev 6 - 2
These were the common cars here at this track. I'd go with a AE 12r5.1 or a CRC if I were you. Most are similar in most aspects. The track has parts for both AE, and CRC anything else your SOL.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cool man.
Hope to get up there a few times this winter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.