Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rumor of a new onroad track in maryland

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Default rumor of a new onroad track in maryland

i here that there a new on road track being setup in temple hills md iverson mall. anyone in the md area here of this and if so when will it be open
Old 07-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

would be awesome
Old 07-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 322 (100%+)

any update on this track?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

permanent track or temporary
Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default on road track in Temple hill Maryland

anybody in the Maryland area hear that a on road track being set up in temple hills Md, at Iverson Mall on the top level of the parking garage? i have seen pictures but don't know if its up and running as of yet. so if anyone knows anything please post. thanks
Old 08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Think about what your saying now.... A onroad track at Iverson Mall lol, how are you gonna be able to hold your transmitter when you're holding your glock at the same time. Just sayin'
Old 08-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default onroad track

Originally Posted by trixter91
Think about what your saying now.... A onroad track at Iverson Mall lol, how are you gonna be able to hold your transmitter when you're holding your glock at the same time. Just sayin'
well you know things can happen anywhere just saying, i did see pics of the track that being set up at that location. so if you don't have any info you should have kept your half a cents to yourself. did you think about what your saying now.... a onroad track at Iverson Mall why not just as good as any other place. you might have to have a glock in hughsville also like i said anything can happen at anytime or anywhere on any given day. i have been around for a while and the people that gather at these race track are either racing or just spectators even some that are interested in the hobby themselves. i never heard of any problem with outsiders anywhere. Just sayin
:robin:
Old 08-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigtee
well you know things can happen anywhere just saying, i did see pics of the track that being set up at that location. so if you don't have any info you should have kept your half a cents to yourself. did you think about what your saying now.... a onroad track at Iverson Mall why not just as good as any other place. you might have to have a glock in hughsville also like i said anything can happen at anytime or anywhere on any given day. i have been around for a while and the people that gather at these race track are either racing or just spectators even some that are interested in the hobby themselves. i never heard of any problem with outsiders anywhere. Just sayin
:robin:
I do have "half a cents" and it has been spend on college... if you're going to try and insult someone try and at least have proper grammar... use your "cents" on that !!
Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

I do have "half a cents" and it has been spend on college... if you're going to try and insult someone try and at least have proper grammar... use your "cents" on that !!
Speaking of proper grammar.......you meant to say you SPENT just saying.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 AM
kmh
Tech Addict

I'll race anywhere. And to those that are trying to make this happen,keep us posted and let it be known what help is needed.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default Track information

Okay folks, the rumors are true. Ever since 301 went down, lots of people have been working very hard to bring a fixed track back to the DMV area.

We have found a local business owner who is very interested in supporting a track and on-road racing. The proposed site is the top parking deck at Iverson Mall.

We were working earlier this summer to treat the pavement that is currently out there, but it didn't work. The concrete pavement is just too bumpy. Needing over $20,000 to lay down asphalt, we ran into a roadblock. Just yesterday, we believe that we have secured another investor to come through with enough money to pave.

We're working with 150' by 85' rectangle (I know, not 301 length, but should be pretty good space).

What we need from you guys now is your constructive comments. I would like as many people as possible to visit the site as it is, visit the hobby shop, and let them know that you came to check out the proposed track. Don't look too hard at the layout that's painted out there now, we put that down as a proof of concept, and it will change. Don't get hung up with the merchandise in the hobby shop, as it has not been stocked with race products yet.

We are working with investors that aren't vested in this hobby, so they need to get a good feel for how much interest there is and how races will be run. So, if you can make it out to have a look-see, that would be great, but stop in the hobby shop and let the guys know you are there.

Last edited by TedX; 08-05-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default Why Iverson Mall?

We didn't choose Iverson Mall, it chose us. Somehow, the proposed track owner found me and said that he had space in Iverson mall and wanted to put track down. I was very skeptical at first for several of the reasons that you may be skeptical too, but check this out:

The mall owner is already on board with the project, and is interested in the track bringing business to the mall.

The mall is already zoned for recreation (so no permit issues)

The parking lot is already lit (night racing available)

The track owner owns a security company that is headquartered at Iverson Mall, and is dedicated to securing the area.

The mall has bathrooms, food, and vending on location.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Whats up Ted! Glad to hear the push is still alive. What is the address of the mall and hobby shop? I want to come down and check it out. 1/8 scale for lifeKen H.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I will be willing to devote some time to help with track setup. Let me know how I can help. We need a track here driving to delaware gets old to far!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

I am sorry Ted, you are so right but I coudn't hold my tongue!

What I don't understand is why anyone would own a "glock" in red neck Hugesvile, Maryland! I know what I am talking about because I went to high school in the area and played sports against those neighboring high schools, and Trixter's comment doesn't surprise me.... especially if he is from the area and/or shares that commuinity's personality types.

You know "Trixter" please don't embrassed that college you attended by posting it, via Paul's comment LOL

Enough said, So Ted you know you have my support for developing this out door onroad track..(Long Live Fast Lane) just hope we are considering 1/5 scale? Keep me posted or call me. Good to see that you are back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.