Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idrummerboy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da0ne View Post
You guys should bring it to this location... Gun Hill track. Check out these links.

Gunhill rd Track NYC

This is what it looks like.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...16.77,,0,36.46

Top view from google maps.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...959,-73.895025
there making there own in manorville its all over the thread lol..
Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Battlestarq
Well I can tell you as of now there will not be any membership fees.
I believe a fare price for racing should be given to all, not to someone who pays a little extra.
Its better to treat everyone equal so there are no finger pointing.
As far as the shot towards LIR I believe that was unnecessary.
Rob did last over 10 yrs. that speaks for something.
I would love to know of the place for 12000 a year I would go there in a heart beat. But this is Long Island there is nothing cheap around here As far as me giving back to the racers you really must be new to the sport again. Brian and myself are not doing this to make money we are doing this because of our love and passion for the hobby. If and when there is a surplus of cash it will be put back into the track first, then with anything remaining with the support of Action Hobbies prizes for "special event races" will be awarded. As of now we are thinking of an electric race day a nito race day and a practice day. On any one of the mentioned days if there are 5 cars for the class that class will run a race. I don't care if its motorcycles.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
Battlestarq
Well I can tell you as of now there will not be any membership fees.
I believe a fare price for racing should be given to all, not to someone who pays a little extra.
Its better to treat everyone equal so there are no finger pointing.
As far as the shot towards LIR I believe that was unnecessary.
Rob did last over 10 yrs. that speaks for something.
I would love to know of the place for 12000 a year I would go there in a heart beat. But this is Long Island there is nothing cheap around here As far as me giving back to the racers you really must be new to the sport again. Brian and myself are not doing this to make money we are doing this because of our love and passion for the hobby. If and when there is a surplus of cash it will be put back into the track first, then with anything remaining with the support of Action Hobbies prizes for "special event races" will be awarded. As of now we are thinking of an electric race day a nito race day and a practice day. On any one of the mentioned days if there are 5 cars for the class that class will run a race. I don't care if its motorcycles.

Ok so no membership fees for now( I see nothing wrong with that).
I was bringing up membership as a way to raise any needed funds quickly but how ever you want to run it is up to you.

The shot towards LIR you may not feel was worthy But look at it while standing in my shoes. In april I decided that if I was getting back into the sport I would support MY LHS which would have been LIR since it was the ONLY place to race on LI. And what did I do to support MY LHS I spent over a grand for the 22 kit, radio, esc, 2 lipos, Charger, 1 motor and some tires and tools. and over the next month a few more hundreds on more wheels and tires, Hauler bag, and another motor, and amb transponder. I never quibbled over Price, and find out a few weeks later the track is closing next week sorry but thats that.
If you were me you wouldnt feel the shot towards LIR was justified?
Sorry i didnt get into the hobby sooner but I did it, when I did it.
at least we have in a week or 3 a new location for Dons track, I do hope that goes thru. it will still be a little hike for me but as far as Im concerned I was willing to drive the distance for LIR so why not Don's.

And I was just throwing out numbers as an example, I have no clue as to what real estate costs are. and how large a piece of land were talking about here?
And I feel the love and passion for the Hobby and am glad you do as well.
As for Nitro day and electric day sounds good Im just wondering how long the days will be running. at least with electric the way LIR ran it you know if you have similar turnouts and do the same 5 min heats and 6 min main you could be there for 4 - 6 hours or more dependent on turnout. Nitro I have no experience with so i have no clue as to heat lenths or main lenghts I have seen a few biggie races on you tube where they pit the car for refuels or quick repairs so I have no clue as to how long the day will last on nitro day.
Gilligans RC Raceway
Old 06-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #34
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i know Carl and Brian are doing everything they can to get this going. When you don't have unlimited resources, you need to make decisions that others may or may not agree upon.
We should back these guys up any way we can. I was priviledged enough to get a look at the site, and it's awesome. Clear, flat, stadium lighting and easy to get to.
Carl has been doing this for a long time. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but creating scenarios and suggesting that "Are you going to Rob us or Club us" only dilutes the focus of what needs to get done, and confuses a lot of the racers.
I would KILL to race Nitro off road locally.I think Carl and Brian need to see who and how many are committed to help with the track,committed to show up and race. THAT will determine if we race this year or next.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

Quote:
All right guys we would like to see how many of you guys are interested on a weekly basis to help us with our decision to do this now or wait till spring.
The winter months will diffucult this year. The rent will be due but we cant race in the snow so no income. Next year an early start we will have no problem or should have no problem with the winter
Thanks to all
Crazy
please open this summer when I raced in latest hobbies in the 80's we ran until November.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Count me in on any weekday night race, as well as most of the weekend events,

Quote:
All right guys we would like to see how many of you guys are interested on a weekly basis to help us with our decision to do this now or wait till spring.
The winter months will diffucult this year. The rent will be due but we cant race in the snow so no income. Next year an early start we will have no problem or should have no problem with the winter
Thanks to all
Crazy
Old 06-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Count me in 7 days a week
Old 06-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would rather it open this summer. and im in for the electric races.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Carl if it was up to the racers it would be as soon as possible, but there is the financial reality.

If you can get the track up and running by mid July, will you be able to make enough money with 60 to 70 racers a week (not counting practice) to cover the nut and surplus to sustain the track overhead during the off season?

If you don't think you will be able to get the track ready until mid-August I would suggest you hold off until next spring.

I don't want to see you and Brian go into the poor house due to a short season.

I would be down electric race day for a couple of classes, but depending on my schedule would come for a practice day.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMySlash View Post
Carl if it was up to the racers it would be as soon as possible, but there is the financial reality.

If you can get the track up and running by mid July, will you be able to make enough money with 60 to 70 racers a week (not counting practice) to cover the nut and surplus to sustain the track overhead during the off season?

If you don't think you will be able to get the track ready until mid-August I would suggest you hold off until next spring.

I would be down electric race day for a couple of classes, but depending on my schedule would come for a practice day.
+1

and I am in on electric day with at least 1 in sportsman till I get my times and laps a bit more in line with the top contenders and then possibly 2 classes.
Gilligans RC Raceway
Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #41
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

+1 for two classes on electric day! Hey is the a large enough area to fly?!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMySlash View Post

Yes that would work
Thanks Al, I don't want to go the poor house either

Thanks Vin with the explanation.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #43
Suspended

Oh man, gettin itchy just thinking about racing on a real outdoor track so close to home!! We got some people chiming in on the electric side, who's in for nitro?! I heard a rumor of the surface quality, UNBELIEVABLE! I think the more we speak up, the faster we might have a place to race! SPEAK UP!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idrummerboy13

is it even worth buying a b44.1 for this track and indoor if it happens? i dont wanna get eaten up by the scalers....if not 4w sc is prob my best bet.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #45
Tech Master

thanks carl. sounds great. because its like 20 min from me i can come every day! mod sc ftw. maybe ill pic up 4wd sc or a scaler
Gilligans Raceway
Island Raceway in Lindenhurst, NY
Closed Thread