Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Island Offroad track 1/10 and 1/8 friendly

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sweet!!!! two tracks on L.I.....whats the world come too haha...
Old 06-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Great news carl. Thank you.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Woo Hoo !!!

Ohh thank the RC Gods!!!!!

Wow I was having flashbacks of why i had a 20 year hiatus from racing rc.

back in the early 90's the east end off roaders track moved east to mattituck from wading river. and the following year was supposed to move to west hampton. but something happened and west hampton never got going. and i lost interest in the hobby cause I couldnt compete with what was left to race on.

And now i was wanting to get back in to racing and was willing to commit to every friday over the summer except 3. the fridays of memorial day , 4th of july, and labor day weekeds. but Lir apparently wasnt getting enough interests to warrant a move so now we go this friday for the last race of LIR.

there is a bbq race sat but I need to make $ so I cant go.

Now thankfully there will be another option and in Manorville? heck I can definately live with that since I live in Manorville!!!

Well I for One am waiting to hear the details of this new track so the sooner you guys can share the info with us the better.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default update on LI Raceway relocating

I recently entered the hobby and like many of you I was immediately obsessed with the cars, different setups, the people and the fun of racing. I am quite disappointed however that after only six weeks in the hobby that my track is closing. I really enjoy the racing and all the people who have helped my assimilate into this great hobby and would like to help everyone involved and keep this current organization intact so everyone has a place to run and race.

I've contacted the owner and we have come to a verbal agreement to purchase the assets of LIRaceway and move it to a new location not far from the current location. He seems to be a really great guy and is willing to help accommodate me as we attempt to conclude this transaction and move everything from one facility to another. I should have some concrete information about the transfer and relocation by the end of this week. The deal is not done yet but I don't see anything that could be a potential deal breaker. Some of you know me, My name is Don and I run a Losi 22 and my nephew William (Will) runs a B4.1.

I will do everything in my power to keep us all in the hobby and open this new track. I would ask that anyone and everyone let me know how to add and deduct anything from the current track and the current procedures so we may all benefit from the new track and location. I will be looking for volunteers to help donate their time and effort to make the move as easy as possible for everyone.
I will be racing on friday if anyone has questions, teaching me how to run better will get you some free practice at the new track...Psych
Don
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donspeed
I recently entered the hobby and like many of you I was immediately obsessed with the cars, different setups, the people and the fun of racing. I am quite disappointed however that after only six weeks in the hobby that my track is closing. I really enjoy the racing and all the people who have helped my assimilate into this great hobby and would like to help everyone involved and keep this current organization intact so everyone has a place to run and race.

I've contacted the owner and we have come to a verbal agreement to purchase the assets of LIRaceway and move it to a new location not far from the current location. He seems to be a really great guy and is willing to help accommodate me as we attempt to conclude this transaction and move everything from one facility to another. I should have some concrete information about the transfer and relocation by the end of this week. The deal is not done yet but I don't see anything that could be a potential deal breaker. Some of you know me, My name is Don and I run a Losi 22 and my nephew William (Will) runs a B4.1.

I will do everything in my power to keep us all in the hobby and open this new track. I would ask that anyone and everyone let me know how to add and deduct anything from the current track and the current procedures so we may all benefit from the new track and location. I will be looking for volunteers to help donate their time and effort to make the move as easy as possible for everyone.
I will be racing on friday if anyone has questions, teaching me how to run better will get you some free practice at the new track...Psych
Don
your buying lir then? cool.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Don
I hope everything works out man, and I just want to say thank you for looking out for all the racers that race at LIR and congrats on the new deal I hope everything works out, and if I have some time I would really like to help setup the new track, my name is David just look for the bright fl yellow 22 as seen in my avatar, hope to see ya at the new spot!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Don
Thanks for all your efforts Don, we all appreciate it. Feel free to call me anytime you need help. I'll see you tomorrow night. -Angelo
Old 06-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i raced my 22 tonight at lir. buggy is not for me. im getting a 8th scale when this new track happens
Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

I hope this new track in Manorville is for real cant wait to race the MGT
Old 06-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey, don you said you needed some help? im willing to donate some time to get it up and running. I tried calling but didnt get an answer, and a full mailbox.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by jon2456
hey, don you said you needed some help? im willing to donate some time to get it up and running. I tried calling but didnt get an answer, and a full mailbox.
Im also down for helping out and getting the track up and running. Ive also got my cousin and a friend that will pitch in too. What can we do!?!?!?!?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default LI Raceway

Pete,
The plans for LI Raceway will be delayed by about a month simply because I just could not get the lease completed in one week and I will be leaving on Monday-6/27 for 2 weeks to celebrate my 10 year anniversary and won't return until 7/10. The new building lease will not be completed until the week of 7/11. I will call the owner of LI raceway and find out what he wants to do about his dirt, tables and other miscelaneous gear that I may purchase to set up the new track. If that doesn't work out I will simply purchase new dirt and make up all the tables and other needed equipment. In speaking with several racers last Friday night it seemed to me everyone would be much happier with all new equipment like what is used at critters race track. I will try to cut a deal for the dirt and the tables, but beyond that I don't see the value. I can purchase a brand new transponder system with all the bells a whistles for 6k to 8k so why pay 4 or 5 for old technology. If the lease is signed by 7/15 we can begin the build out which will take 2 to 3 weeks and we should all be racing by early to mid August. Sorry for the delays but I have other responsibilities and my schedule is packed during the summer months.
As noted by your comments about my voice mail, I clean it out twice a day, that's 60 VM a day minimum and I simply can't get back to everyone so I apologize. Text me a message with your number and i will usually call back in less that 4 hours.

Thanks
Don
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hi Don, thanks for the update and enjoy your Anniversary! See you in July!

-Angelo
Old 06-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Smile

Pete,
The plans for LI Raceway will be delayed by about a month simply because I just could not get the lease completed in one week and I will be leaving on Monday-6/27 for 2 weeks to celebrate my 10 year anniversary and won't return until 7/10. The new building lease will not be completed until the week of 7/11. I will call the owner of LI raceway and find out what he wants to do about his dirt, tables and other miscelaneous gear that I may purchase to set up the new track. If that doesn't work out I will simply purchase new dirt and make up all the tables and other needed equipment. In speaking with several racers last Friday night it seemed to me everyone would be much happier with all new equipment like what is used at critters race track. I will try to cut a deal for the dirt and the tables, but beyond that I don't see the value. I can purchase a brand new transponder system with all the bells a whistles for 6k to 8k so why pay 4 or 5 for old technology. If the lease is signed by 7/15 we can begin the build out which will take 2 to 3 weeks and

we should all be racing by early to mid August. Sorry for the delays but I have other responsibilities and my schedule is packed during the summer months.
As noted by your comments about my voice mail, I clean it out twice a day, that's 60 VM a day minimum and I simply can't get back to everyone so I apologize. Text me a message with your number and i will usually call back in less that 4 hours.

Thanks
Don
Like the way your thinking! No prob just hope your good for winter! Lol. Thanks for keeping indoor racing alive. When you start building the layout and organizing shop please post so we know when we can run down and help!!and happy anniversary!

Last edited by idrummerboy13; 06-24-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ill show up where ever and whenever a track opens up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.