Wiki Posts
Search

MBRC 2011 Opening Day Shootout April 23 -- Payout Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Have no fear...

We are working on renting some lighting for this Saturday. If the turn out warrants it, we will be picking up some lighting to ensure we get 3 heats and a main in.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

stopped by the track today. all i can say is GREAT JOB it looks good . cant race this weekend but looking forward to racing there.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

got four guys coming from delaware
Old 04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

SCT 2WD Stock
1. Max
2. Adam Chadick (2011 Motorama Spec SC Champion!)
3. Steve Geist
4. Tyler Cook
5. Ryan K.
6. Peter Sweigart

SCT 2WD 17.5
1. Max
3. Steve Geist
4. Billy Geist
5. Kitchen
6. Scooby Horton
7. Peter Sweigart
8. Nigel Wundel
9. Juwan Hunter

SCT 2WD Mod
1. Koopesv
3. Steve Geist
4. Billy Geist
5. Alex K
6. Eric K.
7. Ross Causey
8. Merrlizer
9. 2 Stroke Dee Lee!
10. Kitchen
11. Norm Light

SCT 4WD Mod
1. Adam Chadick (2011 Motorama Spec SC Champion!)
2. Hans Miller
3. Ray Sundland
4. Kitchen
5. Peter Sweigart
6. Supafast (maybe)

1/8 Nitro Truggy
1. Hans Miller
2. Ray Sundland
3. Rich Hayton
4. Dustin Kendrick
5. Drew Quesenberry
6. Ryan Riessman
7. Jud Poles
8. Little Larry
9. Chebo
10. Jamie

1/8 Nitro Buggy
1. Ray Sundland
2. Scooby Horton
3. Jud Poles
4. Little Larry

1/8 Elec. Buggy
1. Sam Forrester
2. Nigel Wunder
3. Glenn Herczeg
4. Jeff Fischer

1/10 2WD Buggy Mod
1. Adam Chadick
2. Ross Causey
3. Billy Geist
4. Steve Geist

1/10 4WD Buggy Mod
1. Sam Forrester

1/10 Truck Mod
Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bummed I wont be able to make it this weekend. Hopefully everything goes well and I can get back to racing next weekend. Hopefully with a new 4x4.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Alright everyone... here's a Google satellite view of the facility, please obey these rules to make sure everyone can get into the facility and have a good time.

Blue is general parking, no trailers. Some of the parking area is far from the pit areas, so please pull up near the pit areas, unpack your stuff, and move your vehicle to an available parking spot as quickly as possible.

Green is the outdoor pit areas. No trailers, no vehicles are allowed at these locations. Power runs will be made to these locations. Indoor pitting is available, first come first serve. We have approximately 50 bench spots available, and additional indoor space if you have a table and chair, but no EZ-up.

Red is for trailers. We will make every effort to get power from the pit areas to the trailer parking areas.

The driveway / alley near the bottom of the picture with the trailer parking must be left clear for traffic to pass in one direction. Do not block this driveway! Please pull off the road onto the grass.

As always, we ask everyone to be kind and courteous to the fellow racers.

And of course, have a great time!
Attached Thumbnails MBRC 2011 Opening Day Shootout April 23 -- Payout Race-pitmap.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

well it looks like tomorrow will be great outside! finally some nice weather on the weekend. tomorrow should be a good day of racing! see everyone there bright and early
Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

any results? what were the payouts?

track was nice track crew made sure it was nice all day long good job!

racing started late and the racing was run way too slow. ended up running only two rounds of quals(5 min) and there really were not a lot of entries. and our mains got reduced from 20 min to 10 when we started running out of light. not sure about the payouts i asked around as as far as I could figure none were given out and no trophies were rewarded. i think there were like 10-12 5 min heats and a round took 3 hours.

Last edited by koreanassasom; 05-01-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by koreanassasom
any results? what were the payouts?

track was nice track crew made sure it was nice all day long good job!

racing started late and the racing was run way too slow. ended up running only two rounds of quals(5 min) and there really were not a lot of entries. and our mains got reduced from 20 min to 10 when we started running out of light. not sure about the payouts i asked around as as far as I could figure none were given out and no trophies were rewarded. i think there were like 10-12 5 min heats and a round took 3 hours.
Results will be posted tomorrow along with pictures and details. Trophies are being made with customized name places, so they are being ordered and should be available this week for pickup.

All pay outs were given at the end of the night. If you missed it, then please let us know. If you lost or misplaced your gift certificate, we have recorded the results in our database to ensure everyone gets the payout they deserve. If you feel you missed your payout, please call the shop tomorrow afternoon, and we'll verify your store credit is properly recorded.

The primary reason we started late was due to the number of entries, we had 71 which is a big number especially with having to put in 50 new racers into our software! Sorry for this delay, it's totally my fault. It's a result of our growing pains, so next time will be bunch smoother.

There were a number of reasons why we only ran two rounds, including track maintenance and marshaling problems. We have already discussed this in house and will make necessary improvements. We also get mixed responses, but I typically like to provide 10-15 minutes between rounds for people to get some laps in to test a new setup, but it seems like others find this slows down the schedule. Being that the track was fresh, and many of the racers were new, we thought we would provide additional tuning time.

Again, always room for improvement!

In the future, feel free to express concerns to the race director or staff directly. We encourage feedback throughout the day, it helps us better understand the needs and concerns of the racers, so we can adjust accordingly. Our schedule was lax, but no one complained until this post. We could only assume everyone was happy with the way things were going (or should we have assumed everyone was unhappy?). Your feedback is important to us, especially because we know we are the new kids in town, we want you to come back and have fun!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kuruption
Results will be posted tomorrow along with pictures and details. Trophies are being made with customized name places, so they are being ordered and should be available this week for pickup.

All pay outs were given at the end of the night. If you missed it, then please let us know. If you lost or misplaced your gift certificate, we have recorded the results in our database to ensure everyone gets the payout they deserve. If you feel you missed your payout, please call the shop tomorrow afternoon, and we'll verify your store credit is properly recorded.

The primary reason we started late was due to the number of entries, we had 71 which is a big number especially with having to put in 50 new racers into our software! Sorry for this delay, it's totally my fault. It's a result of our growing pains, so next time will be bunch smoother.

There were a number of reasons why we only ran two rounds, including track maintenance and marshaling problems. We have already discussed this in house and will make necessary improvements. We also get mixed responses, but I typically like to provide 10-15 minutes between rounds for people to get some laps in to test a new setup, but it seems like others find this slows down the schedule. Being that the track was fresh, and many of the racers were new, we thought we would provide additional tuning time.

Again, always room for improvement!

In the future, feel free to express concerns to the race director or staff directly. We encourage feedback throughout the day, it helps us better understand the needs and concerns of the racers, so we can adjust accordingly. Our schedule was lax, but no one complained until this post. We could only assume everyone was happy with the way things were going (or should we have assumed everyone was unhappy?). Your feedback is important to us, especially because we know we are the new kids in town, we want you to come back and have fun!
Originally Posted by kuruption
Have no fear...

We are working on renting some lighting for this Saturday. If the turn out warrants it, we will be picking up some lighting to ensure we get 3 heats and a main in.
great track, love the layout, traction was great with little to no tire wear, watering and rolling the track a few times was well worth the time. but what happened to the lights? 70 racers might be alot to some, but what happened to the lights? calling the next heat up AFTER the last heat is done (instead of calling them up to be there ready before the heat is halfway or so over) did take quite awhile, but what happened to the lights? maybe if the race director would of started out the race day, hustling everybody to be ready for their turn on the driverstand like he did in the last hour, we could of had 3 rounds and longer mains, but what happened to the lights? 12 rounds x 8 minutes = 96 minutes (somehow it added up to 150+) yes, you did do 10-15 minutes of maintenace, but what happened to the lights? $30 to run two five minute quailfiers and a 10 minute a-main, maybe we should of had lights? throwing more salt into the wounds, you said after the race was over, anyone who wanted to go PLAY on the dirt oval (under the lights) could pay ANOTHER $5? WOW! BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIGHTS?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:57 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wornout8
great track, love the layout, traction was great with little to no tire wear, watering and rolling the track a few times was well worth the time. but what happened to the lights? 70 racers might be alot to some, but what happened to the lights? calling the next heat up AFTER the last heat is done (instead of calling them up to be there ready before the heat is halfway or so over) did take quite awhile, but what happened to the lights? maybe if the race director would of started out the race day, hustling everybody to be ready for their turn on the driverstand like he did in the last hour, we could of had 3 rounds and longer mains, but what happened to the lights? 12 rounds x 8 minutes = 96 minutes (somehow it added up to 150+) yes, you did do 10-15 minutes of maintenace, but what happened to the lights? $30 to run two five minute quailfiers and a 10 minute a-main, maybe we should of had lights? throwing more salt into the wounds, you said after the race was over, anyone who wanted to go PLAY on the dirt oval (under the lights) could pay ANOTHER $5? WOW! BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LIGHTS?
WOW!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wornout8
We had an issue on Saturday with our lighting vendor which we really didn't explain to everyone (primarily because it was an internal issue). We had contacted a local place to obtain some portable light towers on Wednesday, and when we went to pick them up Saturday morning, the place had given priority to one of their regular customers/contracts... basically screwing us. Then the other places we contacted either had their towers already rented out or were closed for the day.

I know we started late, and things ran longer than they should have, and there's always room for improvement which we will make. I'm not sure how or where all the time creep went to, but I do know we started late due to the number of entries, and we had a lot of track maintenance that took time. I take full responsibility for that, and I apologize.

It's not unheard of for places to cut the third round of qualifier and shorten the mains to get everything in before the sun went down. As I mentioned in my previous post, we are always seeking to improve things, and look forward to hearing from our racers on ways to improve things.

We would really appreciate feedback during the race day, instead of a day later, because it would help us understand the needs of our racers.

Also keep in mind that nearly every dollar we took in on Saturday for race entries went right back out to the racers in prizes, and what is left over is needed to cover the electricity for the day.

Additionally, we are in the process of finding a light tower rental place that will sign a contract with us to ensure that lights are available. This will make sure what happened to us this past Saturday won't happen again.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Someone ran off with the results printout so if you could post a link it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just wanted to aknowledge the efforts of the staff and volunteers of MBRC for an awesome day of racing. myself and a few other blue diamond off road regulars had a blast on the track with very little complaints. good facility, great food, excellent track layout, and lets not forget the food staff on site!!! all in all a great dat of racing and i think the guys up there put together a very nice program in the very short time frame they had to work with. the freshly cleaned and painted pits inside were an awesome alternative to sunburn im happy to see some fresh blood pumping out a full scale racing facility like no other i have seen or heard others speak of. i stopped in this evening to see the night owls still hard at work improving the store. the huge pile of new items shows that you will be able to shop while you race in between rounds and/ or get the parts you need for a repair. word is we are gonna race this weekend too and i cannot wait. love it love it love it!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Man I had a great time this weekend! Thanks to Dee Lee and Jim and the MBRC crew for making such a great track and having a great race. I look forward to coming back soon for more 1/8th buggy and sc racing! It's bad when I am thinking of getting in to more offroad than onroad!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.