R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Laps Free

I have a couple of questions for those who are using Laps Free

I am a race director in a club in Malta we had slyfox the old version and are now using Laps Free with AMB RC - this program is well written and works superb - what i'm finding difficult is that our fellow drivers love to warm up their tyres that is a parade lap but at the same time not all manage to - this is resulting in a problem

ie who did the parade lap at the race start when the car passes on the amb wire it registers as his first lap - whilst who didnt just registers (thats the way it should be who passes the first time it registers than the subsequent passes are the laps done)

Any help would be appreciated.
edgecreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecreations View Post
I have a couple of questions for those who are using Laps Free

I am a race director in a club in Malta we had slyfox the old version and are now using Laps Free with AMB RC - this program is well written and works superb - what i'm finding difficult is that our fellow drivers love to warm up their tyres that is a parade lap but at the same time not all manage to - this is resulting in a problem

ie who did the parade lap at the race start when the car passes on the amb wire it registers as his first lap - whilst who didnt just registers (thats the way it should be who passes the first time it registers than the subsequent passes are the laps done)

Any help would be appreciated.
You can call here:

By Phone

By Post
Carl Arrowsmith
7 Tall Trees Close
Catshill
Bromsgrove
B61 0HQ
UK

http://www.rctiming.com/index.shtml
unico2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default the issue

If the issue is that some racers aren't crossing the counting loop before the start of the race, just make it mandatory that they cross. Simple solution. At our club, all racers have to cross to check in for the heat. Simple solution.

In terms of the software, you are using free software. If it works well, that's great, but I certaintly hope you don't expect your issues to be corrected in free software? Free software doesn't pay the bills and is usually done in spare time.

Good luck.
billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #4

Questions?? hey bill

we just got the i laps system we need a walk through before Sunday can you help are there any tutorial videos
The Underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default the loop

why not move the loop? or make a cut thru so the cars that take the parade lap don't cross the loop Laps free is good software,it works great. Don't expect to much help here i have tried in the past,most love to hate on laps free.
Visit us at Clinton County R/C Raceway or ccrcr.net Make sure you mark your callenders for our BIG ONES in 2012 May 26th we host the Ohio State Pro Series July 28th Ohio Outdoor Electric Summer Series and don't forget Friday Nights Under the Lights all summer.
bigdaddyquale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm playing around with Laps Free and find it to be a great program. Can anybody tell me how to delete past events? I have the manual, but can't find it in there or by just playing around with the program. Thanks!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote