Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2011 Midwest Series 42nd Season (Nitro On-Road - 6 Races, 4 States) >

2011 Midwest Series 42nd Season (Nitro On-Road - 6 Races, 4 States)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Midwest Series 42nd Season (Nitro On-Road - 6 Races, 4 States)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default midwest series

Andy,sounds great I can't wait to try my new car.I will get some stuff out next week for raffles or whatever you want to do with it
Old 02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Here they are!!! 2011 Race Dates!!!

May 21-22 Mentor, OH
June 4-5 Portage, IN
July 9-10 Racine, WI
July 23-24 Joliet, IL Leisure Hours Raceway
August 13-14 Cincinnati, OH
September 10-11 Toledo, OH

The website will be updated in the next few days.
If You saw these dates from earlier today the Mentor date moved one week due to property conflict.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I did, and Thank you!! 30 yr. annv. with the race budget manager. There is a higher Being! If an early spring happens, I might rejoin my baby at Mass.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmmmm, is spring really coming? I just watched the forecast and yet another storm is coming through tomorrow, but what's another 4" to 6" of the white stuff......

FYI Andy, I emailed Steve Pond about the rules for GT and his reply back on 2/14 is that they (ROAR) hope to have rules out in a month or so, but I'll believe it when I see it. It'll be nice to have some official national rules (I hope).

So I can't use the Buds wings I found when taking stuff to storage? Darn it.....

So the Cincinnati track has moved? Yeah I'm just a little slow..... Please, please let us know where it is, I just found out that the main engineering office for the company I work for is about 5-10min away from the old location....
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If You saw these dates from earlier today the Mentor date moved one week due to property conflict.
that august date is going to be a problem
Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsquish
FYI Andy, I emailed Steve Pond about the rules for GT and his reply back on 2/14 is that they (ROAR) hope to have rules out in a month or so, but I'll believe it when I see it. It'll be nice to have some official national rules (I hope).
I would hope that many parties have an opportunity to review the rules prior to release, because there were lots of concerns raised during last years discussions on rctech.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
I would hope that many parties have an opportunity to review the rules prior to release, because there were lots of concerns raised during last years discussions on rctech.

I would completely agree! I want this class to grow in the manner it was created, fun, realistic looks, won't break the bank.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Dorian- Gonna miss your home tracks race?? Then again, it is gonna be at a new site? Not Joyce Park? I loved it there. Lotta history in a small amt. of time. Hope the Tisdales are well! Nick A
Old 02-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Dorian- Gonna miss your home tracks race?? Then again, it is gonna be at a new site? Not Joyce Park? I loved it there. Lotta history in a small amt. of time. Hope the Tisdales are well! Nick A
Yeah My best friend is getting married 8/13 in New Jersey, I can't miss it. Everyone is fine on this side, how have you been? Looking forward to racing with you guys again this summer.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, I have to ask....what is the thinking behind coming out with a wider rear tire? I realize the simple or obvious response is more rear traction. Without some sort of rule book or self policing what's stopping this from spiraling out of control? What happens when someone else comes out with a rear tire wider than yours and then wide fronts and so on?

I guess I'm just looking for a little insight or logic behind this story....
Andy hope all is well.

When I personally began racing GT cars almost 5 years ago, I had several conversations with Steve Pond (Now President of ROAR) about the topic of creating wider GT rear tires.

We both agreed that they would not only increase driver control, fun and traction, but would also help give the cars a more scale appearance, as well as reduced tire wear.

We’ve done much research regarding the relationship of front & rear tire width and how it affects handling of real street/race cars. There are physical limitations of GT car chassis and bodies that also restrict larger width tires from being feasible.

Could we have produced even wider rear slicks?

Sure, but they wouldn’t fit under all available GT car body wheel wells and would also be detrimental to race track performance. There are also suspension limits to excessive tire width. Too wide a rear tire will also over-ride fronts and create a major push situation actually resulting negative track performance.

We’ve done a lot of serious race product testing over the past few years and feel we’ve found the perfect balance between front & rear tire size for GT cars. If a competitor tries to "one-up" our product by trying to create wider tires for GT cars, they'll quickly find that we did do our homework on this during the past few years.

Our main hopes are that GT racers appreciate our dedication to GT racing and that GT racers are willing to try our new wide rear tires too.

Take care and thanks again, hope it helps you all have a better understanding of our new products.

See ya at the races!

Last edited by Jspeed; 03-07-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

HEY! Anybody there? Whats going on this season? It's almost here. Is attendance going to be up, down, or the same? Let's get the ball rolling!
Mark
Old 03-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hey mark. If we can all afford a tank of gas, it will be a great MWS season. The portage club is in good shape. We plan on preping the surface in mid april. Have to fix some asphalt to make the track longer. Cant wait to get the track up.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Well that's 1 reply. I agree on the gas situation. I'm currently in Rio De Janerio and gas here is $7.00 a gallon Anybody else racing this year?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

To offset the global economy, I have an '09! upgrade kit coming for my original NT1. As much as I wanted a NT1WC... Economy issues, and the racing budget director,(wife) dictated otherwise.. Still, I can't wait to scream the monkey,,,in 1/10th. Can't wait to start shedding clothes..3 sweatshirts on the Lakefront(Chcgo) today...not happy..
Old 03-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Cant wait for warm weather. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to a fun season. Does anyone know when ROAR is putting out the GT rules. Cant wait to put our track up. Hopefully we can get more folks to come out this year. Bigger track is in the making.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.