Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Jackson RC 2011 On-Road Racing Season!!! (Central NJ) >

Jackson RC 2011 On-Road Racing Season!!! (Central NJ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jackson RC 2011 On-Road Racing Season!!! (Central NJ)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcRacerBeast
What is the most popular class?
Both are pretty popular, if you starting out the spec 17.5 is a good speed to start with.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

ok 2 more questions where can I find the solaris hard tires. And what is a good 17.5 motor or the most popular motor ran there
Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok 2 more questions where can I find the solaris hard tires. And what is a good 17.5 motor or the most popular motor ran there
Tires are available at the track. Boss motorsports motor (speedpassion). Duo1 if u can find one. Or a duo 3(expressmotorsports motor)

Going to be a exciting year!! Can't wait!!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Tires are available at the track. Boss motorsports motor (speedpassion). Duo1 if u can find one. Or a duo 3(expressmotorsports motor)

Going to be a exciting year!! Can't wait!!
By any chance would this be a good motor to start with but also be able to keep up with the rest?
Speed Passion Cirtix Series "Stock Club Race" ESC and Motor Combo (17.5T) [SPA12280175]
Old 02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hi guys, i run mostly at the coliseum in frederick (host of the 2009 paved nats), but i had planned on coming up and running at Jackson to get my car setup for the 2011 nats, how big of interest do you guys have on a club basis in running mod touring?
Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

By any chance would this be a good motor to start with but also be able to keep up with the rest?
Speed Passion Cirtix Series "Stock Club Race" ESC and Motor Combo (17.5T) [SPA12280175]
I'm pretty sure none of us have run this motor. The speedo on the other had is OK if you're going to stick to running non-boosted "stock" touring car classes (which seems to be the 'new' trend with ROAR)

I suspect that motor will put you at an disadvantage if it cannot add 40+ degrees of mechanical timing.

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
hi guys, i run mostly at the coliseum in frederick (host of the 2009 paved nats), but i had planned on coming up and running at Jackson to get my car setup for the 2011 nats, how big of interest do you guys have on a club basis in running mod touring?
NOT to speak for Al, Chris and Greg but -- we will be running modified weekly - come on out. the more people that show up to run modified, the more likely there will be a weekly class. it is just that simple.

last year's weekly classes were 13.5T boosted and 17.5T boosted. i suspect that will change to be more closely aligned to whatever we end up doing for the ROAR nats. The weekly 13.5T class should evolved into Mod Touring car, and the 17.5T boosted class will probably stay as 'Super Stock' or Expert -- it was our stock class most of the summer.

Last edited by hanulec; 02-22-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey mike - actually that motor he's talking about has adjustable timing - I read that is the SP thread about it. The speedo is the one with the fixed timing/no adjustments/ROAR spec speedo

Plus for the price of that combo, it really cannot be beat the speedo and motor for the price of a 'other brand' motor is a good deal to get new people involved. Then add $10 for the little box to actually adjust the few settings that the speedo has (since it has very limited onboard settings, like lipo shutoff) and a new guy wanting to run spec 17.5 is ahead of the game. Plus if some wants to do the roar race, they got a legal motor for that class as well - or usvta, like I did

That being said, not sure how well it would hang compared to a duo3 or boss v3 motor
Old 02-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Hey mike - actually that motor he's talking about has adjustable timing - I read that is the SP thread about it. The speedo is the one with the fixed timing/no adjustments/ROAR spec speedo

Plus for the price of that combo, it really cannot be beat the speedo and motor for the price of a 'other brand' motor is a good deal to get new people involved. Then add $10 for the little box to actually adjust the few settings that the speedo has (since it has very limited onboard settings, like lipo shutoff) and a new guy wanting to run spec 17.5 is ahead of the game. Plus if some wants to do the roar race, they got a legal motor for that class as well - or usvta, like I did

That being said, not sure how well it would hang compared to a duo3 or boss v3 motor
So your saying it should be good? and what is the little $10 box you are talking about? I will either get that or the Novak Havoc Spec Brushless ESC/SS Pro Brushless Motor Combo (17.5T)
[NOV3035]
Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So your saying it should be good? and what is the little $10 box you are talking about? I will either get that or the Novak Havoc Spec Brushless ESC/SS Pro Brushless Motor Combo (17.5T)
[NOV3035]
its a little 'box' that you attach the speedo so that you can make changes to the lipo cut-off, drag brakes, and a few other minor settings..

i cannot get to the actual link at work (stupid web filter ), but you can go to http://www.speedpassion.net and look thru there, or see the post below
Originally Posted by eComet
i have one for my cirtix and it's simple to use and was very inexpensive - if you're looking for an all-in-one kind of thing (programming settings-wise), the novak might be the way to go
Old 02-23-2011, 12:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

id probably recommend you start with the Speedpassion Citrix setup.. and see where things go from there. people are always selling other motors... i know i got a bunch in my box that i didn't need from Snowbirds that i'm probably going to need to get rid of for a deal....
Old 02-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
its a little 'box' that you attach the speedo so that you can make changes to the lipo cut-off, drag brakes, and a few other minor settings..

i cannot get to the actual link at work (stupid web filter ), but you can go to http://www.speedpassion.net and look thru there, or see the post below

i have one for my cirtix and it's simple to use and was very inexpensive - if you're looking for an all-in-one kind of thing (programming settings-wise), the novak might be the way to go
Something like this? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Programing-Box
Old 02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
NOT to speak for Al, Chris and Greg but -- we will be airing our sh*t out weekly on the back straight wall- come on out. ... more closely aligned to whatever we end up doing for the ROAR nats.
Officially, you guys are welcome to race anything you want as long as 5 or more cars show up to race the class; IE: 1/12, WGT, F1, Mini Poopers, etc. Traditionally, however, Mike's on point about the touring classes being the most popular by far, and they are usually the two slower classes being run at ROAR/Snowbirds/Vegas. Since we're hosting the ROAR Nats this year, Modified TC will surely be run on a weekly basis by those interested in placing well. Perhaps less obviously, Modified 1/12 will have to be run at the Nats as well because it's a qualifying event for the IFMAR Worlds. Anyone ever remember seeing one of those on track since the new asphalt or the curbs?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Officially, you guys are welcome to race anything you want as long as 5 or more cars show up to race the class; IE: 1/12, WGT, F1, Mini Poopers, etc. Traditionally, however, Mike's on point about the touring classes being the most popular by far, and they are usually the two slower classes being run at ROAR/Snowbirds/Vegas. Since we're hosting the ROAR Nats this year, Modified TC will surely be run on a weekly basis by those interested in placing well. Perhaps less obviously, Modified 1/12 will have to be run at the Nats as well because it's a qualifying event for the IFMAR Worlds. Anyone ever remember seeing one of those on track since the new asphalt or the curbs?
I want to give this a try for sure
Old 02-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

12th mod... I am in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.