Old 01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G87z
Who wants to sell me an F1 car?
George you need "muta" to run that class. I got yous some "mota"**

Foot Note:
1. This was spelled deliberately

Last edited by Team Speedy; 01-24-2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Muta? Let's try motor spelled m-o-t-a
Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default Review - Race Summer to Come

Absolute blast last Saturday. Over 50+ entrees, 11 heats of racing and 2hrs per round. We finished after 12pm, I didn't get home till 2:30am! Not only can I run a TQ pace I've successfully managed to blowout in BOTH mains! I should define blowout a bit more carefully however an 2nd in 1/12 and 3rd in 17.5 isn't too bad. Making an U-turn your first lap with traffic wasn't on Saturday agenda! 1/12 I went straight into the wall the first lap, not sure why but it was bound to happen, might as well get it over with.

1. TQ Run of 6:03.xxx 37 laps 17.5 Sedan
  2. 3rd Place Finish 17.5 after I blew out..
  3. Qualification of 2nd with a 2nd Place finish in 13.5 1/12
  4. Myers has mota.. - Pawling doesn't! Low 8.9's in 1/12 and a new track record of 52 laps was put down last Saturday.
I'll try to recap what I can remember in another post, however I'll save that for another time.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

F1 MAIN AND TRUCK MAIN VIDEOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdZC_...&feature=feedu (Truck mian)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VdU...&feature=feedu (F1 main)
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption
Oh stop you aren't going to run indoors, you're too chicken.
Awwwww comon! Someone sell me one! Plus I can run it out door too!

what is the price of them and who makes them anyway??
Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Speedy
George you need "muta" to run that class. I got yous some "mota"**

Foot Note:
1. This was spelled deliberately

Muta! I always can use more Muta! hook a brother up!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Tamiya makes the F103/104, 3Racing makes the F 109, Exotech makes the "Transformula" conversion, and HPI makes the Formula Ten. I think an F-104 Pro "Black" with Tekin and either the new black cased Duo 3 13.5 or a Murfdogg Modified "Black case". Just caught myself daydreaming. An F104 Pro will run about $229 for a new kit. I'm more than positive someone else will chime in who knows more about these things.

Last edited by Lapper; 01-25-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lapper
Tamiya makes the F103/104, 3 Racing makes the "Transformula", and HPI makes the Formula One. I think an F-104 Pro "Black" with Tekin and either the new black cased Duo 3 13.5 or a Murfdogg Modified "Black case". Just caught myself daydreaming. An F104 Pro will run about $229 for a new kit. I'm more than positive someone else will chime in who knows more about these things.
3 racing is where i'm looking they are about 109$ I think the 3racin gis called the f109 from what i remember. Exotek has their conversion as well and there are a BUNCH of tems for the f1's tha Kitchen found over in Japan.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default F1 nation

The 3racing f109 is a good all around car for the money. Parts for that car are avaiable. The f103rm kit is probabley the easiest to get going on carpet but the kit is discontinued although parts and kits are available on line. The f104 is a good all around car but the wide version with 103 foams is better on carpet than the standard version . The standard or pro version can be enhanced by putting a wide 103 front end on he 104 with 103 front and rear tires. Parts for the f014 are the most readily available due to the fact it is the most current car.

On a side note if you want to start a f1 class at Mushroom Bowl you may want to consider limiting the chassis or chassis modifications if the movement is tward the spirt of the TCS racing. Also consider what power package you guys wish to run.

The horsham f1 crew runs
Open chassis
open tire ( must be for f1 car )
silver can 12500 rpm limit ( this is key to keep the racing close )
weight 975 grams min
one battery 3000 mah or higher
NO pan car tires

At Tains and Lanes summer racing we will probably re vamp our power to brushless which system TBD.

A good web site for f1 cars it DDRIVE SPORTS and TRG
Any questions fire back.
Ther usually is some one always buying or selling a f1 at horsham so bring cash if you come.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ah yes, another sucessful weekend at da' Bowl.

Gotta mention Ms. Bootsie, for if it were not for her generosity, there would not be a Mushroom Bowl.

Tory, Ray, D Lee, Meryl, Adam, Steve and all the crew really did this one up right. Their hard work paid off and each and every time I attend races there I can see improvements in the program.

11 heats of racing, maybe not huge for other facilities, but for da' Bowl, it was big time. The smiles and laughter started at the beginning of the evening and lasted until the final mains.

Gotta give a tip of the hat to my buddy in crime, none other than Paposwing (and his trusty sidekick Cornell) for bringing F1 finally to da' Bowl. Told ya' I had something in the works, Pete! The whole idea of doing this deal at da' Bowl was to see how the cars would react to this track in regards to size and carpet type. From what I see, it was a match made in "F1 heaven" And, hopefully this will continue to pave the way for outdoors racing at Blue Diamond and Jackson. Also, wanna thank both Papo and "My Boy" Troy Kosinski for both bringing "F1 rent-a-rides" for me to try out. My first time "wheelin' " one of those things,,,,,,,,,,,,,,absolutely cool and much more durable than I thought, good thing because I think I hit everything but the pace car Gotta thank Elijah for coming out. You guys may not know him, but he is one of the fast guys at Horsham and decided to tag along with Papo. In the touring qualifiers, he gave me fits, and he was on rubber tires!!!! Unfortunately, he broke and did not finish out the evening. But still gave us some great vids, Thanks Elijah. Though he DNFed, he did tell me he still enjoyed himself.

Props to my lil racing buddy who's program is finally coming around after much hard work and perceverence, that's right, none other than "Mr. 50 laps" (or is that 50 takeouts per lap),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,D-Pizzle aka Danny Pawling!!!! Man, talk about throwing it down, nobody had anything for him in touring, TQed at 37 laps (take dat Scooby, now come get some). Unfortunately for ole' Danny boy, the curse of the TQ reared it's ugly head (as it has done for me many times before) and snatched away his opportunity for victory. Not to worry Danno, don't give up, your day is coming.

Most Bizarre thing I saw was a blurr of a car navigating the track. It was in 1/18th sedan, I thought it was Mr. Mike, but he said "Geeeeeeeeeeeee" as we both watched in amazement as the Merrilizer showed us what speed was really all about. I tell ya, I have seen some really fast guys race over the years, but this guy has got some serious skills!!!!

I missed the "RC MISSLE LAUNCH" into the ceiling, wonder if anybody got that on vid?

Short course figure 8, where else but da' Bowl. Way too much laughter, my stomach still hurts.

Whatever direction the Mushroom Bowl is going,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't stop. Your brand of fun is sorely needed in all parts of thhe country, and I am just glad it is close enough for me to attend.

Until next time, remember,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace out
Jammin'
Old 01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Some photos are up:

http://www.skyrocketracing.com/galle...bowl/2011Cups/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B62h5O5Bhpw
Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

- 50 takeouts per lap.. Don't think so Jeff. Drive through, come again, move aside I'm qualifying. I was guaranteed to blowout in all my mains, I told you so! This goes to show I can TQ but also DNF as well! I wish my 1/12 act was bit better, I know I can run 50 laps there, I need to stop making stupid mistakes as I can't get my groove back for a few laps after that. The "peanut gallery" needs to hush up when I'm racing..

Catch you this weekend for round #2. I'll need a break after this!

--
D-Pizzle - for shizzle..
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2D5ebcQlzI more video
Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Prophet

hey you guys are running the sc trucks on saturday right ?

and with the removable jumps ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 01-26-2011 at 06:29 PM.