Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
8th annual Glenburnie hobbytown charity race >

8th annual Glenburnie hobbytown charity race

8th annual Glenburnie hobbytown charity race

Old 09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

im thinking the 11th as we have a race then we can build them. But i dunno theirs so much going on that date. Denmarks race at mimi's I want to scope out frederick's 17.5 spec and open class. And hobbytown nitro is calling. I dunno. Or we can build them the moring of the charity race. All we need to do is drill a few holes in some boards and bolt them together. But im down for whatever.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll help out as well if needed. Sounds like you guys got it under control though.

Each board adds about what, 12 ft to the track!? Gonna be interesting.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

im going to be out there the 11th I know alot of people are going to mimi's but I will take care of making more boards im sure i can inlist someone else to help me It wont take long to drill a few holes and bolt them together
Old 09-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Do you guys have any ideas as far as layout?
Can I throw in one for fun?

Last edited by Markus; 09-02-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A couple of things.
1. We will bring some door prizes provided by SweepUSA.
2. Can we also use the event for a swap meet?

Originally Posted by chaos2984
im going to be out there the 11th I know alot of people are going to mimi's but I will take care of making more boards im sure i can inlist someone else to help me It wont take long to drill a few holes and bolt them together
Count me and Randy in. We will bring some of the carpentry tools needed. Last year, I helped Mike Webb create the set of "soft" sweepers. With Mike's design still in his head, the 11th would be a good time to make a few more smaller in size for the high speed sections of the infield. We also need to look into obtaining some low profile plow discs to use instead of the board in the high breakage areas (European style).

Also, we definitely need to increase the length of the timing bridge. I am willing to make one out of PVC with aluminum reinforcement to prevent sagging if the club buys the materials. The current bridge was limited by the length of the board which limited the width of the high speed sweeper. The sweeper should be wider than the front straight for safety.

Originally Posted by chaos2984
ok its offical were gonna run 13.5 sedan open speed control.
We found the post where Ray K. thinks the "grass is greener" than his recent 4wd Mini ventures. Instead of open mod, there is going to be a 13.5 sedan class which is fine with us. But 2 things.
  1. The Trinity Duo 1 - 13.5 is not allowed. (Too hard to field tech because of the ease of swapping endbells with a 10.5 )
  2. Rename the 13.5 class - "The Ray K Beat-Down Baby Mod Touring Car Class"

We will donate $1 to the charity for every time Ray K gets lapped by the front runner in the main.

13.5 Touring Car Class Roll Call:
1. Robbie D.
2. Ray K.
3. Sam-the-Man
4. Mike G.
5. Randy B.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Old 09-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus
Do you guys have any ideas as far as layout?
Can I throw in one for fun?

Nice design but there are too many hairpins that requires a "Q-Tip" to be placed at the end of the board. The "Q-Tips" create a lot of breakage, and roll overs. F1 cars get their front wings stuck under the Q-Tip. Also racers will slam into the boards and constantly moving them throughout the heat and the day. We can't find a block heavy enough to stop a racer bulldozing his way past a board instead of waiting for a marshall.

A solution is put plow discs at the end of every hairpin or replace them with smooth curves (which we plan to build more).

The layout has to enable a skilled racer to hug the curves while running fast tight lines without breakage. And also be easy on the cars for less skilled racers as they bounce off the boards trying to get around the track.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Well i think its a little short notice as its hard to get ahold of 2 club members. Gary needs 2 club officers to approve the fund release. But im all for building a new scoring tower or rehab or lengthen the current one.

Also as far as the motors go thiers no limit on motors or whatever. This is for fun and charity its pretty much tech yourself and just abide by the rules. Its for fun and charity and braging rights. We havent been teching all summer. We have been going by the honor system ans so far everyone had been doing a good job of it.

I think all we need is some drill bits a drill and a socket set to build more boards. If people want to show up early around 9 930 when the track gets there we can build the boards then and expierment with the layout expansion. Im sure its going to be a light turn out so we can expirment and get the track size and layout correct for the charity race.

And i will list you at the top as sponsors. I have a few companies sending me goodies. Im trying to get more on board. Id like to have everyone walk away with something. But we will see.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

oh yea markus we have been putting a pit lane in the layout for the nitro boys too. I want the track to be nice and open and for the open mod class to get some speed
Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Thats what I'm talking about , "good old parking lot smack talk" !!!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Geez, you guys are killing me.

Newly paved track, larger layout..who needs sleep?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr

You can do it ! Just focus and follow through !!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mark, dont worry, I will have something nice for the layout

Ed:
1. Awesome! thanks
2. Isnt that every race?

Mod touring will be mod touring, no motor/esc limit. Kinda pointless to force everyone to run a certian list of motors, when open mod is basically the same thing.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

~ Maybe or can we put the straight back on the other side : ) - please !

Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
F1 cars get their front wings stuck under the Q-Tip.
Stop harassing me!!!

Originally Posted by rccardr

I can supply an ice cold NOS energy drink. They're delicious!

Someone said mod sedan again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.