Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts. >

MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:54 AM

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.

Hey Guys there is a great small company called MoosRacing, they are manufacturers of carbon fibre r/c chassi's and parts.

So here is a little info on MoosRacing:
Moosracing has existed since 2008 when the first custom-designed plates were produced. Today we try the best way to make plates to 90% of the 1:8 market. If you can not find a bottom for your car just call us or email and we will find a solution. Season 2010 has begun and over 20% of Danish rc runs, runs with a carbon fiber bottom of Moosracing.
Moosracing is one of the world's leading manufacturers of carbon fiber plates specially designed for competitive driving range 1 / 8 buggy and truggy.

The bottom is optimized and thoroughly tested by our test riders worldwide. The base provides a better and more natural flex in the car while it is more than twice as powerful than a standard base.

The base consists of a mixture of carbon fiber, Kevlar, fiberglass and aluminum materials.Available in 3 different colours red,black and green

List of Chassi's and parts Manufactured:
Hongnor/Jammin CR-X2
Hongnor/Jammin CRT-X2
Hotbodies Nitro version
Kyosho MP9
Losi Eight 2.0
Losi Eight 2.0 E
Team Associated RC8
Hyper 9e
Carbon fibre bodies
Plus more to possibly come.......

If you are in need of a new chassis or just after a different feel visit http://www.moosracing.dk or email to [email protected]

I run one of MoosRacing carbon fibre chassi's.And I have noticed the better feel of the car while driving and not to mention the look of the chassi.

Feel free to ask questions and etc i will be more than happy to answer

Here are some pictures of MoosRacing chassi's
Attached Thumbnails MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-cfchassisandpartsmoosra.jpg   MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-imgp1343.jpg   MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-imgp1354.jpg   MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-imgp1355.jpg   MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-jamminx1carbonchassis.jpg  

Last edited by shano83; 07-22-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default another s

Sahno, need to put another S in Chassis
Bob
Old 07-22-2010, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
Sahno, need to put another S in Chassis
Bob
My aplogies for the bad english and spelling
Old 07-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis, Shock Towers & Side Dust Guards.

Originally Posted by shano83
My aplogies for the bad english and spelling

Shano, this is a great thread. Thank you for starting this Thread. most of us don't care about the spelling. what's important is that you get the idea down and across to us. and I always get that from you with no problems. You're a great communicator. I don't have a spell check software on my computer to check my spelling here, but I sometimes look up words on google to see if I spelled correctly. Take care bud, and thank you for the valuable information.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
Shano, this is a great thread. Thank you for starting this Thread. most of us don't care about the spelling. what's important is that you get the idea down and across to us. and I always get that from you with no problems. You're a great communicator. I don't have a spell check software on my computer to check my spelling here, but I sometimes look up words on google to see if I spelled correctly. Take care bud, and thank you for the valuable information.

There will be plenty of more handy and helpfull info coming and also maybe extra reviews
Old 07-22-2010, 04:29 AM

more pics
Attached Thumbnails MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-moosracing-487.jpg   MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-moosracing329.jpg   MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-moosracing401carbonfibe.jpg   MoosRacing carbonfibre chassis and parts.-moosracing486.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default thread

thanks for posting this thread shano,it will people all posibilities to lighten their racer with this awesome carbon fiber.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:38 AM

Default Review MoosRacing Hyper 9e chassi

Ok guys here is the first review after testing and setting my hyper 9e on the new carbon kevlar chassi.

Recieving -just before installing everything
From completeing payment to delivery was an extremely pleasant and quick process of 2 weeks considering the chassi had to be made
Straight out of the postage box I found the chassi to be not packed in any fancy packaging but only ALOT of bubble wrap for protection(extremely well Packed)
Once i had unwrapped the chassis from the bubble wrap I realised how nice and how durable it looked.
I decided to sit the carbon fibre chassi next to the standard chassi to check if the front kick up is identical to original and it was.
All the mounting holes on the underside of the chassi are nicely predrilled and countersunk.
Areas are machined out for diff seals
When I first ordered this chassi I was abit worried bout the wear from droop screws in the lower arms on the chassi, but when I studied the new chassi I found it to have replaceable droop screw protectors directly where they are needed.
The side guards that were included are an extra nice piece of work as the original chassi never enabled or was produced with side gurads which are handy to protect all the electrical equiptment.
The chassi already comes with all carbonfibre edges nicely preglued so there is one less thing to do.
The one thing I advise is to invest in a good chassis protector that can be purchased from any local hobbyshop.

Now on to installing everything
Once fitment is done of the chassis protector you can use a body reamer to punch all the holes in the film.
I started building by putting the 2 diff seals inplace and all i can say is that it was spot on with the machining out for the seals.
I started assembling everything and once completed I realised how easy it was as all the pre drilled holes were in the right place.
They side guards mounted with minimal modiciactions, only mod needed was to the battery tray which only needed a little bit grinded of the side wall which wasnt a great big deal due to the thickness of the plastic.

Now onto testing
I found the car with the new chassis to handle extremely well with very little change in car setup.
The car handled corners far better and jumped alot nicer, but also I found the car to run alot quiter
I tested this new chassis during Australias first rc pro event which went for 2 days (16 races in total) on a quite punishing and technical track which includes a wall ride,table top, and a stop and go jump.
I had a few big hits that domolished the other crash participants car leaving mine undamaged.These hits included a nitro at full throttle hitting my car side on after I majorly over jumped a set of triples and ended up on the main straight.

The car ran all 16 races with out fault and led me to finish 15th out of 28 people for my first big meet up against some big name sponsored drivers.

Once I had packed up and left the track on the last day of racing to go home i decided as soon as I get home I will unmask the chassi from the chassis protector to investigate and repair any damage as required but I was speechless when I realised I had wasted my time peeling it of to reveal a brand new like chassis.
I would definately recommend MoosRacing to any racer who is in the need of a new chassis whether it is due to a broken one or just tunability.
I have attached a vid of the car.
Anycomments would be great cheers

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPeehzp91eI
Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM

Default Updated list of chassis and parts

Ok guys and girls here is the list of the carbon chassis MoosRacing does
Here is a list of 1:10 and 1:8 offroad CF chassis

Xray 808' 09
Jammin CRT X2
Jammin CR X2
Jammin SCRT
Hotbodies D8
Mugen MBX6
Mugen MBX6T
Kyosho MP9
Kyosho MP7.5
AE RC8
Losi Eight 2.0 E
Losi Eight 2.0
Losi Eight 2.0 T
Hyper 7
Hyper 9 E
Cen Matrix C1
Cen Matrix F2
Cen Matrix Arena

And I now make CF bodies for Hyper 9 E

Also dont forget if yours is not listed Email Moosracing and work something out!!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Are these still being made? The site link no longer works.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i want one !!! bump bump bump