Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
New Jersey Motorsports Park, June 20th....ROAD MODS!!!! >

New Jersey Motorsports Park, June 20th....ROAD MODS!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Jersey Motorsports Park, June 20th....ROAD MODS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

I will have a RC10GT off road truck with EDM body and yes will be running off road rubber tires. Also 1/4 scale EDM just for atraction.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Whosold
I will have a RC10GT off road truck with EDM body and yes will be running off road rubber tires. Also 1/4 scale EDM just for atraction.
Got any pics??? Post up so others can see....

Definately count on the 1/4 scale for some demo laps.....heh heh heh
Old 06-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Play by the rules or don't show up. That way everyone else will enjoy the day of racing.
Diffdude
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whosold
I have an RC10GT with a truck body. Anyone have an EDM body to rent for the day?
Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not sure if I can attend or have an EDM ready to roll, but how about this for ground rules Ray.......7.2/7.4v, 2wd, should be recognizable as an EDM, but how much power should we bolt in?
Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

For the Dirt mod class I will be running a Jato with rubber tires. I will be using a Mcallister truck oval body unless I can get my hands on a EDM body that will fit.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akimoto
Rally cars converted ?19 t 6cell
pirelly rally tires ?
might work ?
That is exactly what my latemodel way setup with TC3, rally shocks, rally tires and a 19T motor...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I will run whatever, don't really care if I am competitive, if I can get my EDM body painted I will run that, otherwise it will be my late model....lets just all agree that if someone if WAY faster then others they will back it down....Lets put on a great display of close racing....
Old 06-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
Easy there, Scoob - they said you have to declare your final setup when you register - typically, everyone gets some track time before visiting the registration table, so you'll have a better idea of what gear window you'll be using for that event's layout.
actually i said before the first race of VTA so that's even more time

i'll post a clarification in a little while - dinner time
Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Totally off topic, but wanted to post before I forgot....This is to any hardcore HPI Challenge people....

One of my favorite HPI Challenge racers got on my bus today....None other than CHARLES JACKMON! We were both surprised to see each other!!!!

He and his Family might be heading over to the Road Mods race too....

....and in 8th place, CHARLES JACKMON!!!!!

[Jackmon Family]YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!![/Jackmon Family]

Great Racing Family.....LOL
Old 06-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
....but how much power should we bolt in?
Dunno....I guess we should just see what shows up at this point....As long as it is controllable around the track, we should be good. We still have time to kick it around online before then....
Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't agree at all with the idea of running electric 4wd sedans against 2wd Gas trucks. When this race was originaly presented it was as gas trucks with edm bodies and ruber tires. The idea of "if we are faster we will just lay back" is a bunch of crap. I think we should keep it as 2WD truck chassis(gas or electric) and some type of oval body and ruber tires.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhberger
So if the gear info is on the form merely to help racers stay within the 4.2 FDR
actually its a little of both - now that i'm actually on a PC and not my iPhone

yes, it forces everyone running the class to pay attention to the gearing you wrote down..

if you said your FDR is 4.24 with a spur/pinion of 88/44 and an internal ratio of 2.4375 and I tech the car and see 46/88 i know you will fail tech..

obiviously, if you said your FDR is 4.24 with the 88/44 and you show up in tech with a 88/40 (and you cannot change your internal ratio) you won't get DQ'ed...as well as you enter a FDR of 4.5 and at tech you are running 4.33 - you won't fail tech...there is no 'speed secret' in everyone's gearing - 99% of us run as close to 4.2 as possible, so it shouldn't be to much of an issue to put it down on paper ...don't worry, you're mojo won't be stolen from writing the info down - it will take less then 5 mins to do, and you go all morning to figure what you want to run and then put it on paper

this is mainly to get everyone to hand over their info prior to the start of racing - so that tech'ing can happen after any qualifier during the race day...obiviously, "A" 1-2-3 and "B/C/D" winner will be teched as well

there will be some 'wiggle' room in this - notice, I did not say once you hand in the sheet its permanent and you are stuck with it for the entire day...NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING in what I wrote says you cannot come over and say 'i need to change my spec sheet', make a change and hand me back the form...but the info has to be relatively accurate - don't just write down number and give it in, i will double check what you wrote if it puts your outside the class restriction

remember, i said trying this out..if it fails horrbily (because the info doesn't work like I was hoping) and not sabotaged by racers not liking the idea, well do away with it...so make an honest effort in doing this and maybe I might be nuts - if that's the case, I'll go to plan B

and like Ray said, this wasn't my idea...it was present by a fellow racer - i'm guessing not one of the 7 who called Scooby; but might have been one of the 18 who called me - and you know what its not a bad idea

so again, stop trying to pick fights online about this...everyone who runs with us knows 1 way or another to get in touch with me to discuss this - which i'm open too, so feel free to contact me

like i say on all my work emails

thanks. any questions, please give me a call
kaybo
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro 24
I don't agree at all with the idea of running electric 4wd sedans against 2wd Gas trucks. When this race was originaly presented it was as gas trucks with edm bodies and ruber tires. The idea of "if we are faster we will just lay back" is a bunch of crap. I think we should keep it as 2WD truck chassis(gas or electric) and some type of oval body and ruber tires.
Jim, as always, if we get enough of one or the other to make a heat, we'll do it....It will depend on the numbers....

That's why we are asking here what people want to run.....

If there is only one or two of any particular setup, do we just run them two in their own heat, or mix them with the others to make for a better show????
Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jman
Scoob- You are missing the whole point of the class.It was not designed for the serious on road guy.It is slower more controllable speeds.You Don't need the latest and greatest stuff to run.This is the perfect class for guys like me who came out of on road retirement.I don't want to or have the time to devote to running a serious T/C class(and no I don't think I could compete in a serious T/C class).I can run my vintage chassis(IRS TC3 conversion)and my obsolete battery and motor from my oval car.If people don't like the rules don't run the class but don't try to change the class to suit what you/they want.This has been a paid political announcement and I approve this message.
It's not serious but we are filling out tech sheets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.