Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Elections for President

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Deebs

Nice, wasnt there earlier this morning when I checked! Thank you!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
2010 ELECTION RESULTS
300 valid votes cast out of 3665 members ( 8.2 % of membership) This is SAD! only 8.2% voted!
Not counted were 15 ballots of non-members and memberships expired plus two
duplicate ballots. (on-line and mail)
That is sad, It would be interesting to see a breakdown of what regions the votes came from.... what percentage of those votes came from where.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well this should be a message to the new elected officials, if Roar is going to survive there has to be changes made. Being made to be a Roar member just so you can race at a certain location is not good enough. If that is the case well great state that, don’t make Roar out to be more than that. Roar is here for promoting & racing rules. Based on lack of votes it’s not working out very well. Just my opinion. I wish the new Admin well; hope they can turn some things around.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default ROAR

That is a miserable turn out.
No excuses for that
Out of over 3,600 members, approx. 300 votes.
Plus they could have voted on-line.
If this is the way the elections will be in the future, then possibly some type of penalty for members who do not vote, or a reward for the ones that do.
For voting members, take $5.00 off the yearly membership, or penalize the ones that did not vote by charging them an additional $5.00 per year. Not a lot of money, but it may intice some members to vote next year.
It took all of about 10 min to log in and cast your vote.
The ones who did not vote have no right to bitch or complain about the way ROAR is run, or any changes that may take place which they do not aggree with.
Pretty sad actually
Old 11-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Didnt more people vote this year then last year?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very SAD
Old 11-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
No excuses for that
If this is the way the elections will be in the future, then possibly some type of penalty for members who do not vote, or a reward for the ones that do.
For voting members, take $5.00 off the yearly membership, or penalize the ones that did not vote by charging them an additional $5.00 per year. Not a lot of money, but it may intice some members to vote next year.
The ones who did not vote have no right to bitch or complain about the way ROAR is run, or any changes that may take place which they do not aggree with.
Pretty sad actually
Gives new meaning to the term "active members".
Old 11-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Congrats to Steve Pond. I wish him luck and success.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brc358
No excuses for that
Pretty sad actually
it was easy as i did it using my phone
Old 11-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well I voted-- I hope ROAR is serious about correcting some of the problems that create this lack of participation. I think they need to look at being a lot more "frugal" with the members money. ROAR should be about promoting racing---not sending "Spec Teams" out all over the country to run a race!! Running the races needs to be done by the LOCAL regional director--keeping expenses down for a race instead of charging them $5,000.00 to send in a race team!! ROAR races are run under ROAR rules--end of discussion. It doesn't take a "Team" to make that happen--just one regional director and a current rulebook. Put the money saved back into ROAR---promote the hobby for everyone!
FWIW
Tim
Old 11-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The RMT is the best thing that has ever happened with ROAR.

National races are run professionally and are consistant year to year.

The tracks that host nationals actually turn a profit and can spend more time promoting the race.

As a RACER I want to be assured that the national race I'm going to is going to be worth my time and investment.

The RMT assures that.

As a track operator that has hosted two national events already and about to host a third, I know that if I'm awarded a national event it's going to be worth the effort, not putting me out of business.

Companies like Traxxas, Team Associated, HPI, and Losi are doing a pretty good job of promoting the hobby. We have more exposure now than I can ever remember.

As long as ROAR is in the black, I'm perfectly happy with the job ROAR has done with, not only the RMT itself, but the structure that is in place for the nationals.

I would hate to see the nationals guidelines go back to what was there before the RMT was developed. I know I would never bid on another national event ever again, and I would think really hard before I attended one as well.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am sorry but 1 thing I did forget to say in my previous post.

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and their support.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 AM
rjr
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FroBoy

The tracks that host nationals actually turn a profit and can spend more time promoting the race.

As a RACER I want to be assured that the national race I'm going to is going to be worth my time and investment.

The RMT assures that.

Totally agree.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

The RMT assures that.

As a track operator that has hosted two national events already and about to host a third, I know that if I'm awarded a national event it's going to be worth the effort, not putting me out of business.

Companies like Traxxas, Team Associated, HPI, and Losi are doing a pretty good job of promoting the hobby. We have more exposure now than I can ever remember.

As long as ROAR is in the black, I'm perfectly happy with the job ROAR has done with, not only the RMT itself, but the structure that is in place for the nationals.

I would hate to see the nationals guidelines go back to what was there before the RMT was developed. I know I would never bid on another national event ever again, and I would think really hard before I attended one as well.
+1
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I know I would never bid on another national event ever again, and I would think really hard before I attended one as well.
This is money well spent as long as the events are well done. I have been to enough events that had major problems, or put the track out of business 6 months later. I'm not sure what else ROAR's money should be spent on besides producing the best possible experience for the racer. In my experience, that is not assured if the host track is on their own.