Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten... >

Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trains & Lanes Off-Road racing season....Twenty Ten...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow
How do you marshal Baja 1/5 cars.
Think I would like to be as far away from them as I can
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Wow
How do you marshal Baja 1/5 cars.
Think I would like to be as far away from them as I can

yea when i seen they are gone to run, 1/5 scale cars i was like oh boy lol.
for how heavy they are though, and stable they are it shoulnt be to hard to control them. but yea i, would stand back a little farther turnmarshing them.

you think nitro are loud ha.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

for Marshalling, its pretty much the same. Gloves and being heads up. most places will have a safe area.

weight varries from 20 to 40ish lbs, speed from 40s to 60s in some straights. depends on the track.

most are pretty stable once wheel extenders are on. the Bajas are a bit tippy with the longer length and thinner width, but the extenders really help them stablize. good drivers and setups can cut the track times to about the same as the smaller nitros/elecs.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Timmahh
for Marshalling, its pretty much the same. Gloves and being heads up. most places will have a safe area.

weight varries from 20 to 40ish lbs, speed from 40s to 60s in some straights. depends on the track.

most are pretty stable once wheel extenders are on. the Bajas are a bit tippy with the longer length and thinner width, but the extenders really help them stablize. good drivers and setups can cut the track times to about the same as the smaller nitros/elecs.

yea thats makes sense, they dont seem to turn, to good though is that just the setup on them? it would be cool to see, 5 or more of them on the track!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

free floating the steering mech is very smooth really and flows quite freely.
once hooked to the servo the sevo saver spring is the testy point.

when the saver and spring are new they work very well, but once run in a bit, the spring weakens up a bit i think, so now when your turning the saver spring is compressing, eating up so of the actual turning radius.

it also varrys ALOT by setup, ie... servo, settings, EPA ect.. and traction. the more traction available, the more the spring gives to it when turning.

also the front ends are fairly light compared to the rear end. so when trying to turn (a mostly stock type setup) under power, they push thru the turns. so corners really need to be made off power/coasting and at slower speeds.

you ll find modified units which attention to the whole setup can make a huge differance.

For example one of my Bajas is setup as a SuperBuggy (SCORR Style).

it wieghs in around 35lbs and im running a 30.5 Reed case motor. its 98% modded from original, but in my build up, ive redistributed weigth to the front end. now it turns very well thru most all corners on speed and pushing is still apparent, but now is from the saver spring compressing due to the weight up front, opposed to before when the front was lifting up.

i can make corners alot faster and be much more planted thruout the whole track. But their are alot of varrieables, Track, suspension setup, surface, jumps, lane width, pipe choice and placement, all effect steering....
Old 04-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

track work will continue this Saturday
Old 04-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I will be there with Chris to help out sat. I am also bringing some materials and hooked us up with a 10x10x10 shed to use as storage and build a drivers stand on top of. I will just need some man power to help getting it on my trailer to bring it up there......maybe for next weekend. It is located in hillsborough, nj. It will work nice as a scoring/timing office as well. I also have some materials to make an elavated drive on pit lane. Woring on getting materials for a drivers stand. Anyone got anything......will need 4x4's for building a drivers stand once the trac is build. Rupp has some good plans to design a killer track.

Joe Wutke
KJ R/C Supply
Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Joe long time no see-sounds like a plan.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have no off road experience, except backyard bashing! I think I would like to scratch the surface a bit and was thinking short course.

What is the chose short course class....open 4wd or stock 2wd?

Any input would be nice!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kjracing
I will be there with Chris to help out sat. I am also bringing some materials and hooked us up with a 10x10x10 shed to use as storage and build a drivers stand on top of. I will just need some man power to help getting it on my trailer to bring it up there......maybe for next weekend. It is located in hillsborough, nj. It will work nice as a scoring/timing office as well. I also have some materials to make an elavated drive on pit lane. Woring on getting materials for a drivers stand. Anyone got anything......will need 4x4's for building a drivers stand once the trac is build. Rupp has some good plans to design a killer track.

Joe Wutke
KJ R/C Supply
I'll be there to point my "Big Finger" as usuall
Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kitchen
I'll be there to point my "Big Finger" as usuall
What time tomorrow? I really don't have any tools but I have two good hands!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
What time tomorrow? I really don't have any tools but I have two good hands!
about noon!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

do you have any pics of, the track layout and big it will be? and the size of the jumps?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default racing

I have a Evader ST , what motor would i need to get for stock class?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone who showed up to help yesterday: Joe, Ron, Schreff, Juan, Both Rob's, Dave, Troy, and anyone else I missed, there were a lot of people coming and going throughout the day. The track as it stands is roughly 125X85 but that is probably rounding down a little. The lanes are no smaller then 15' wide to accomidate the 1/5 cars. The lighting system in place shows serious potential and with some add on and modification we should be able to night race without any problems.

I'm sure our main classes will be 1/8 buggy, truggy, and 1/5 given the size of the track, however the layout should be easily changed to shorten the track and allow for the 1/10 vehicles to race on it.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.