More picsThe Jon Laster Memorial Race-jon-lassiter-race-004.jpg

The Jon Laster Memorial Race-jon-lassiter-race-005.jpg

The Jon Laster Memorial Race-jon-lassiter-race-006.jpg
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

The Jon Laster Memorial Race-jon-lassiter-race-007.jpg

The Jon Laster Memorial Race-jon-lassiter-race-008.jpg

The Jon Laster Memorial Race-jon-lassiter-race-009.jpg
Congarulations to all winners and everyone that came and made it a special day. Rick
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I already knew that a answer like this would come back. My post said guys as in more then one. It was not ment to single out one person in general. I am trying to fix the problem and that is why I thanked Derrick for helping out like he did. I am a big boy so I will still complain when I feel it needs to come out. Also I was one of the three guys out marshaling for you.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Default te week-end

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. It was truly a great time for all. I am glad I got to run my 1/8 scale finally this summer. It good seeing my older competitors Mark P. Ken Harris and Mike from years gone by. It was with great honor to have won the over all three classes for me because I knew Jon and race with him in our R/C live time and slot cars. Yes he was very helpful with providing his concepts on how r/c car should work and also towards the hobby as it grew over the years for both us. Listening to him explaining his set-ups and theories help me to understand performance for these cars as became more technical. I mean there was a time when we said pan car class it was basic pan with wheels no suspension, or t-plate.

But what I would I like to say is, that when it come to the award for the real Iron Man of the Week-end I think it would be Rick (VORRA current President). Rick ran the same three classes as I did but he also had the responsibility to run and over see the race, the event, and doing track maintain when he could have paid more attention to his cars. Rick I really appreciate your work this summer and the other VORRA members for providing us a place be able to run nitro and especially 1/8 scale. Kevin, it is has always been a pleasure racing with you and the help you continue to give me during R/C events. I am glad there will be a regional for nitro and I know it will be as always a class act event. I am looking forward to it. Thank you AGAIN VORRA for the week-end of racing.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Big Thank You

Wanted to thank everyone that came out for the Jon Lassitor Memorial race we did raise $540 that will be donated in his name to the American Cancer society.