Wiki Posts
Search

SHORT COURSE SHOWDOWN @ TRACKSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default SHORT COURSE SHOWDOWN @ TRACKSIDE

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
April 23,24,25 Trackside Hobbies in Milwaukee Wisconsin will host the Short Course Showdown.

This event will be one of the premier SC events in the country. Factory support from all major SC Companies along with some of the best SC racers around will make for a spectacular event.

Unique one of a kind awards will be given away to all A main Finalist and winners of the lower finals.

Great door prizes and some of the best racing you will see anywhere.

Check out the website at www.shortcourseshowdown.com for all of the info.

We hope to see you at Trackside in April for a great event.

Thanks
Scotty Ernst

Last edited by McDonough; 03-24-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Matt for posting this here.

The SCSD is going to be a great event. SC racing has exploded around the country and has really became some of the most exciting racing we have had at Trackside. I hope you can make plans to be at this event. It will have great racing. Great Prizes and the chance to meet other racers from around the country who share the same passion and love we have for SC racing.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

See you in April at Trackside.
Thanks
Scotty
Old 01-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey scotty..when can we send in entries..there are a couple of us coming from az..thx..hopefully u and sarah get to come down for cactus again
Old 01-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

New info should be up on website soon

http://www.shortcourseshowdown.com/
Old 01-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Me and the Misses will be running for sure
Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.shortcourseshowdown.com/

Old 03-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Bumpity bump bump....

We are now taking pre-registrations for this race, entry form can be found on the short course showdown website.

This is shaping up to be a rather large event, with coverage from a couple of magazines as well as LiveRC, the teams are lining up to throw their support behind this as well. Representatives from Team Associated as well as HPI will be on hand to show off their equipment as well as lend a hand to their drivers.

Pre-registrations is not required...but we would appreciate it as it helps us to estimate turnout for awards, and accommodations.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Well it was a big day today for the SC Showdown, I received emails and phone calls from Traxxas, Associated and J Concepts that they are all behind this event 100 % sending representatives and support for this event. From Traxxas we will have Team Drivers Steve Slayden and Mike Battaile attending to compete in the Open Class and 4x4 Class. From Team Associated we will have Current National Champion Scott Brown here and from J Concepts we will have Jason Ruona and Paul Wynn " P DUBB" in attendance. Spektrum Radio has also signed on to be part of the event and we will have Sonny Brown here for the event. All of these companies will be bringing all their cool stuff to show off and have lots of give a ways that all racers will be eligible for. More info coming this week so stay tuned!

If you enjoy racing Short Course Trucks, this will be the biggest and best SC event in the country.

I hope you can join us.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 03-31-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

More info from Scotty..... http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...trackside.html

www.shortcourseshowdown.com

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Whats up guys, Great to read all the chat about the race.

It is going to be the biggest SC event in the country.

Team Associated just contacted me today to find out the latest and they are very excited to attend and doing the full display at the race with Tent and product demo.

So that is now, Traxxas, AE, HPI and J concepts all attending and setting up a display and demos.

We are asking everyone to sign up ASAP. We are filling up very fast. We are at almost 100 entries right now and I know of at least 50 that have not entered. So to all the guys from surrounding areas, send in the entries now! Dont just wait and assume you can enter at the race. We need to know how many pits we need and awards to order! So send them in.

Yes the Kyosho SC Truck is legal in Stock and the tires that come in that truck are allowed in Stock.

Help make this race the amazing event it will be and let your friends and family know that we will be giving away many RTR trucks on Sat and Sun. We will have spectator raffles each day at 1 & 4pm and it is completely free for our spectators to enter the raffle.

We will have a Trackside Test Track set up outside for spectators to try a SC truck. Lots of fun things will be going on that weekend. Pass the word!

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 04-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

As each day passes, it seems like more and more exciting changes happen to the event. Today was no exception, We received calls from numerous companies who will be supporting the SC Showdown 100%, HPI Racing will be in full force at the SC Showdown, Rodney Wills who is the Marketing Manager from HPI will be in attendance along with John Shultz who is the Dealer Support Rep. Along with Rodney and John attending, we will have the designer of the HPI Blitz Eric Shauver in attendance. Eric the brain child behind the Blitz will be bringing a surprise for everyone to see. He will be running the brand new Blitz ESE! Not slated to be in stores until after the event, it is very exciting to be able to see this new Blitz before anyone else has the chance to see it in action. More good news came from the phone call from Kyosho. Kyosho who just released their entry into the SC market a short time ago will be attending the event and sending Team manager Joe Pillars and one of the worlds top racers Jared Tebo. They will be here to support their customers and partake in the racing action. Kyosho coming off a big win just 2 weeks ago at the Cactus Classic is excited to be attending showdown. And just when I thought the day was filled with enough great news, I received a phone call from Bob Novak from Novak Electronics. Novak has supported events at Trackside for over 15 years and this will be no exception. Bob will be attending and showing all the latest that Novak has to offer the SC world and he will also be racing. Bob is truly one of the pioneers in the RC world and it is always an honor to have him at Trackside to support all his Novak Customers. And last but not least of the news of the day is that we will have the actual full scale Amsoil Short Course race truck in attendance and on display for the Showdown. We would like to thank Amsoil for being part of the SC showdown. The truck will be parked in front of the shop during the event for everyone to take photos and get a up close and personal look at the real deal!

You can get all the updates and race info at www.shortcourseshowdown.com

Hope to see you at Trackside.
Thanks
Scotty
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Thanks to Trackside and all the sponsors. Jason started in RC with the very same Slash he raced at this event. It was very cool to do so well against other great racers a year and a half later. He also really had a blast with the 4x4 class. A very fun event for both of us.

This was the first time we were able to see Jared Tebo run. All I can say is "WOW". He was also a gentleman off the track and made a lasting positive impression on Jason.

Thanks to all for some great racing, Keith and Jason Hills.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

What an amazing weekend. What had started as an idea to bring the industry together to help promote SC racing and give racers a chance to meet and compete against other SC enthusiasts became the largest SC event in the world! 248 registrations! which completly exceeded my expectations. Trackside looked like a small hobby expo with the manufactures all set up on the carpet track to display their latest goodies and spend time talking about their products with not only all the racers, but hundreds of spectators who had never been to Trackside or knew about this awesome hobby we all love so much. We had an amazing number of kids join us for the showdown and they put on some great races. Kids are the future not only in life but in racing and they are what it is all about the simple joy of the hobby.
I could not go any further without saying thank you so very much to our sponsors who made this event so special. These sponsors have many choices when it comes to what events they decide to support and sponsor let alone attend the event and bring all their display materials like they did for the Showdown. So thanks to TRAXXAS, TEAM ASSOCIATED, HPI, J CONCEPTS, NOVAK ELECTRONICS, SPEKTRUM, THUNDER POWER, KYOSHO/PEAK, UPGRADE RC, AKA RACING, STRC, RPM, RACERS EDGE, AND VENOM.
I would also like to give a sincere thank you to the magazines that sent their editors to attend and participate in the Showdown. Jason Sams from RC Car Action, Aaron Waldron from RC Car and Chris Kovachevich from RC Driver. Having them here really added so much to the atmosphere and got the kids excited that they may have their picture in one of the magazines.
Finally I want to say thanks to the racers who joined us. We had an amazing turnout for the event with abilities that ranged from brand new racers who just bought their trucks last week to the top level pros. This is what made the event so special, it was not only about the Pro's, sure it was awesome to watch them drive and put on such a great display of talent. But it was just as exciting to watch the guys who do this for the fun of it and do it for the love of the hobby. Thanks again to all who attended, supported and made this event something very special. All of us at Trackside thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing everyone at next years Short Course Showdown. APRIL 22,23,24 2011

Thanks
Scotty
Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Congrats, Keith and Jason on a job well done. As I have said many times. Kids are the best part of this hobby and I am proud that Trackside has so many kids racing that keep the fun in it for all of us.

Again, Great job.

Scotty