Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TCS @ Hanover, Pa 3/21/04

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

5 Hours... depends on how fast you drive and if you don't get lost or not.. Normal slow pokes would take maybe 7. Oh course if I took it easy and slow... I might beable to make out the road signs.. hehe..

Hmmm still no confirmation. Who does confirmation anyways? Tamiya or RCO? I remember last year I had mail when I did RCO.. and email when I did Maryland.

Anyways, I guess I could paint up a body. Ran out of White... so I gotta figure up something else....
Old 03-17-2004, 04:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Tamiya should send out the confirmation. Yea I would be the 5 hour guy myself as I hate driving anymore since I drive all day long doing estimates for work. I also need to paint a body tonight which is never really any fun for me. Of all the things I di I think painting in the least fun thing for me.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chef88
It's my home track & I have yet to see a power problem there.

Ok, thanks. Just want to make sure since I have some room this time round. It is easier to carry more stuff.....

See ya on Sat.

Jeff
Old 03-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

What is the choice for tire setup out there with a M-chassis? I have some 60D Type-A slicks I ordered for use, but will 60D S-grips work better?

Can anyone give some insight to this?

Thanks,

-Zack
Old 03-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think most M03 guys are running 60D A's on the front with the S-grips in the back.

I just got a set of the 60D A's I'm gonna try on my M04M. I also have a set of the S-grips and the hard treaded radials.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Hm, I guess I'll see what works and what doesn't Saturday night. I'm planning on running the slicks all around, but if I have to, I'll use S-grips in the rear.

What about inserts and what brand of traction compound to use?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trial and error is the best way to find out but I think cheff88 can give you a little more info on setups.

I'm using HPI blue/firm molded inserts in the soft Type a's and most people use red dot or paragon.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Hopefully they sell some compound at the track... I'm running a little low on my current can that has lasted me since last June.

I was thinking the HPI blues might have worked just fine, but I ordered the Tamiya firm 24mm inserts tonight. Should work just as well, no?
Old 03-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Those inserts should be fine. I just got the HPI's cuz they were the only ones available at the time.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds good.

I'm picking my bearings up tomorrow night at the LHS, should be able to finally get nearly everything together tomorrow night, except for wheels and shocks. All of my bearings that I have been running in the car for nearly a year are shot, good ol' duratrash products.

My car has been sitting here with no shocks, axles, bearings, wheels, tires, hexes, or drivetrain installed because I haven't received the shocks, wheels, inserts, ball connectors, and bearings yet.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally posted by Zillon
What is the choice for tire setup out there with a M-chassis? I have some 60D Type-A slicks I ordered for use, but will 60D S-grips work better?

Can anyone give some insight to this?

Thanks,

-Zack
Both tires will work.
There is a lot of traction at RCO, so you may have to fight
a setup & combinations of tires that won't traction roll.
It seems to vary with driving styles. MJ
Old 03-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

BAH! These bloody inserts just don't want to cooperate.

I have blue M-chassis sponge inserts and dark grey sponge inserts. Which ones should I use, with the blue's being less dense, and therefore softer?
Old 03-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Alright, decided to use the stiffer sponge inserts, since you guys mentioned the track being so sticky. Hopefully, it works out... I don't wish to screw around for 5 more hours trying to get these tires to seat right.

Bearings come in tomorrow... let's hope the snow doesn't impact the delivery, because I need those bearings.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

I think most M03 guys are running 60D A's on the front with the S-grips in the back.
Bolink on the 04M to make it work real good use the kit foam real soft in the rear. Use a FIRM shaped insert up front usually you will have to run 1 spring rate difference stiffer in front.

The real key to any 04 is to add a 2mm spacer in the left rear shock. The motor sits way back and offset and the rear suspension has a bad tweek to it without the spacer.

Dan Garber
02 Mini Nat Champ
(04M Lover)
Old 03-18-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Well I am uncertain that I will make it up there for the TCS. Looks like Snow up there? My little turbocharged Miata don't like snow. I guess I'll have to settle for Maryland in July. Maybe even Tenn. We'll see. I'll check the weather tomorrow night. But I don't need to play stupid and risk it there. Catch yall L8Rz...

JMac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.