WEST COAST R/C SUPERCROSS SHOWDOWN!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WEST COAST R/C SUPERCROSS SHOWDOWN!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Default WEST COAST R/C SUPERCROSS SHOWDOWN!!

Hi Everyone,

The gang here at West Coast R/C Raceway in La Mirada, CA would like to make a "Super" Special announcement.

To celebrate the opening rounds of the Supercross here in Southern California we will be holding a 4 week SUPERCROSS SHOWDOWN on the offroad track.
The West Coast crew has concocted its wildest layout ever which will go in January 4th. I'm talking GIGANTICTABLETOPS, GARGANTUAN TRIPLES, AND THE WILDEST RYTHM SECTIONS EVER SEEN INDOORS!.
The layout will host our normal club racing during the week days, but every Sunday for 3 weeks we will be holding our Supercross Showdown. A 4 week points series where drivers will take their points from their best two finishes (there will be 2 throwouts) to battle for Supercross Supremacy.
There will be FREE BBQ, SWEET raffle prizes, and some un-heard of surpise gifts to the top 3 finishers in select classes.

A Flyer will be found both at westcoastrcraceway.com and in the hobby shop in the next few days.

RACE INFO:Round 1- Sunday January 10th (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)

Round 2- Sunday January 17th (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)

Round 3- Sunday January 24th (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)

Round 4- Sunday January 31st (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)
Cost- $30 first Class $15 each additional class

*Note* Drivers may show up and race on any day. Participation in the series is not necessary to participate on any single race day.

See you at the Races...

Last edited by Jeremy Felles; 12-08-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: date added
Old 12-09-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sounds great to me. Now I just need an off-road car.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Sounds great to me. Now I just need an off-road car.
Yes you do..........

This sounds great, I should be able to make it to at least a couple of them
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

I'm glad the San Diego area caught wind of this, cuz it's gonna be a hoot. We're only 3 weeks away from the wildest big air spectacle in all of R/C.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jeremy, I heard BB talking about this last weekend. Gonna be so sick!! I cant wait for the new year.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

I couldn't agree more with you Rob. This is gonna be one of those months in R/C that we'll all be talking about for years to come.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was talking to Danny and since we are expecting a lot of special events, series and hosted races in 2010 I have put links to all of the upcoming things that we know about so far on our website. They can be found on the left side of the page below our results and "Current News/Upcoming Events".

More will be added as we move closer and into 2010!! Stay tuned.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
I couldn't agree more with you Rob. This is gonna be one of those months in R/C that we'll all be talking about for years to come.
WCRC must have been reading my mind. I was just recently wondering if a points series was going to sprout up. Great way to start the new year.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Absolutely amazzing!!!
i cant wait to check it outttt!!! but
Personally, i would love to see true supercross turns.
slow and tight inside and fast and wide outside turns.. theres nothing better then a track that has more than 1 fast line...
Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Scrubbin with 1/8 scales is gonna be sick.

Braaahh, braaahh.

Supercross starts into a sweeper, triple, triple, hairpin into a double into a huge quad.....
Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Default Cuda

I like where you're going with that, but I'd like to go BIGGER. but seriously
Old 12-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I heard that the track is going to start being run dryer agan so no one can run slicks. All i can say is that is the wrong way to go!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trever Adamo
I heard that the track is going to start being run dryer agan so no one can run slicks. All i can say is that is the wrong way to go!
That is not entirely accurate. What was said is that we will continue to water the track the same we have done on race days.

The whole slick conversation came up because during a practice day or two we gave the track some extra water and Frank Root decided to try slicks and they ran good. Then on RCTech we started a discussion of slicks over no slicks. Danny said that his intention is not to water the track to the point that slicks were necessary to win and the the track would be watered as usual for race days.

I hope that made sense.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Hi Everyone,

The gang here at West Coast R/C Raceway in La Mirada, CA would like to make a "Super" Special announcement.

To celebrate the opening rounds of the Supercross here in Southern California we will be holding a 4 week SUPERCROSS SHOWDOWN on the offroad track.
The West Coast crew has concocted its wildest layout ever which will go in January 4th. I'm talking GIGANTICTABLETOPS, GARGANTUAN TRIPLES, AND THE WILDEST RYTHM SECTIONS EVER SEEN INDOORS!.
The layout will host our normal club racing during the week days, but every Sunday for 3 weeks we will be holding our Supercross Showdown. A 4 week points series where drivers will take their points from their best two finishes (there will be 2 throwouts) to battle for Supercross Supremacy.
There will be FREE BBQ, SWEET raffle prizes, and some un-heard of surpise gifts to the top 3 finishers in select classes.

A Flyer will be found both at westcoastrcraceway.com and in the hobby shop in the next few days.

RACE INFO:Round 1- Sunday January 10th (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)

Round 2- Sunday January 17th (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)

Round 3- Sunday January 24th (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)

Round 4- Sunday January 31st (Doors open at 9am, Racing starts at 3pm)
Cost- $30 first Class $15 each additional class

*Note* Drivers may show up and race on any day. Participation in the series is not necessary to participate on any single race day.

See you at the Races...

Now this is what i have been waiting to hear!!!!!!

ill be there!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

The Super Cross Series is an awesome Idea and we can't wait to make the track which will be installed shortly after xmas... late gift! The traction will be great (we light water every round- so don't worry guys if you want to run slicks such as 2wd mod just let me know and I will put you in the front portion of the race program. Seems like there is an ideal set-up for every condition...
The Series will be FOUR Rounds with one throw-out- The Final Race is mandatory points (final round may not be used as throw out). We have a ton of great PRIZES and good clean FUN so bring the family out!

Points will be based on a trickle down system:
100 points for first
99 points for second
98 and down

A TQ Point will be added to the TQ of Each Class= +1
Bump up Points will also be added in the event of LOWER mains=+1 for a tranfer into a higher main.

Also we are thinking about doing a gate start for all mains.... WHICH WOULD BE amazing!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.