Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
West Coast R/C Tuesday Night Club Series! >

West Coast R/C Tuesday Night Club Series!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast R/C Tuesday Night Club Series!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Still on the tire subject but slightly off topic. We have been toying around with the "end of the straightaway" barrier. What do you guys think of having a tire wall there and we could put a "bendy board" in front of the tires so that it not only looks realistic but is also functional as well. What do you guys think? If you like the idea the please start donating your old sdena tires to the shop so we can start getting a collection going.

Disclaimer: This idea may not may or may not happen. I am just trying to get some things in place in the event we decide to to this.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I am in for the series....
in a Pro class right?

I think im in for the series too woot woot.

Although im not against spec tire...ill be happier not running them. Maybe if the Top wheels were mounted on speedmind rims instead but i got tires already and so do others, lets just use em up. Spec tires would inherently lower turn outs too since this is an addition to regular tuesday club racing, if someone else who may or may not want to do the series wants to race, they'd have to run the Solaris tire? And if they were let race not running the tire, then there would be someone in the class getting in the way of points for those who DO want to do the series. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Chris...

I will give you my set of tires from the KO if you run the series...

The Top tires are great and handle well. It takes the guess work out of racing...Everyone runs the same...
Old 12-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds good but its more than just "i dont want to run spec tire." Spec tire is fine with me. Business-wise it doesnt make sense since the best option if we were to run a spec tire would be to have a 17.5 Series clas further splitting the already thin tuesday 17.5 turnout.

Of course unless entrants are marked off upon signup as being a part of the series or not. Then that way when points are calculated, anyone who isnt part of the series doesnt screw up the point calculations for those that are.

Im fine with whatever decision though, the wear on the Solaris tires are great. Ill still run. Doesnt really matter to me that much but bachelors in business administration always has me looking at certain things in a different light than most thus these comments.

Originally Posted by ckaspar
Still on the tire subject but slightly off topic. We have been toying around with the "end of the straightaway" barrier. What do you guys think of having a tire wall there and we could put a "bendy board" in front of the tires so that it not only looks realistic but is also functional as well. What do you guys think? If you like the idea the please start donating your old sdena tires to the shop so we can start getting a collection going.

Disclaimer: This idea may not may or may not happen. I am just trying to get some things in place in the event we decide to to this.
A bendy board would be nice. Not really too concerned with realism but all you would really need some curved plastic or sheet metal but if its stretched too far out i guess it would flex too easily. Maybe curved plastic or sheet metal backed with a soft foam (or like...pillows) to allow for some give. The sheet metal would probably get dented alot but the plastic would probably chip so im not sure whats the better idea. Either can be painted to advertise some more, kinda like the KO Sweeper and the Speedtech carousel. It could be the "HPI Racing Barrier" or "Hot Bodies Crash Deflector" or something. Just a thought.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Sounds good but its more than just "i dont want to run spec tire." Spec tire is fine with me. Business-wise it doesnt make sense since the best option if we were to run a spec tire would be to have a 17.5 Series clas further splitting the already thin tuesday 17.5 turnout.

Of course unless entrants are marked off upon signup as being a part of the series or not. Then that way when points are calculated, anyone who isnt part of the series doesnt screw up the point calculations for those that are.

Im fine with whatever decision though, the wear on the Solaris tires are great. Ill still run. Doesnt really matter to me that much but bachelors in business administration always has me looking at certain things in a different light than most thus these comments.

A bendy board would be nice. Not really too concerned with realism but all you would really need some curved plastic or sheet metal but if its stretched too far out i guess it would flex too easily. Maybe curved plastic or sheet metal backed with a soft foam (or like...pillows) to allow for some give. The sheet metal would probably get dented alot but the plastic would probably chip so im not sure whats the better idea. Either can be painted to advertise some more, kinda like the KO Sweeper and the Speedtech carousel. It could be the "HPI Racing Barrier" or "Hot Bodies Crash Deflector" or something. Just a thought.
i think the discussion of a spec tire MIGHT include all forms of racing at west coast? why limit it to the tuesday series?
Old 12-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

bump
Old 12-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

series is coming up soon...
Old 12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got my F1 running yesterday and it hauls @$$! Now if I could just control the darn thing! I am planning on running in the series obviously and can't wait for it to start. I am also hoping we can get a bunch more F1 guys together and make a decent showing.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Based on Fred Hubbard's performance last night in Pro 13.5 it should be a good series to watch if for nothing else the Pro class.

Congratulations on the win last night Fred! That XRAY was on rails and the Icon motor was haulin' the mail!! Good job!!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
I believe the Mini RCGT (ABC and HPI Cup) racers prefer to run in parking lots OR maybe no longer run anymore. Unfortunate but it seems to that way, KO added a class per their requests and had 3 or 4 entries.... very embarrasing for KO imho.

So will there be a class on Tuesday Night series - your guess is as good as anyone's LOL
That's the problem when you try to limit chassis. I know of at least 6 of us that would have run 4wd mini at the KO if they alowed any 4wd mini chassis. Opening the class up the week of the race was too late.

My $ 0.02 cents on spec tires. Great if WCRC is the only place you race. But what if you also run parking lots or other local tracks ? Maybe you will run the same tire, possibly not. For a person that may want to run a race or two, having to buy a set of tires just to run there is a disincentive to run.

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 12-30-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
That's the problem when you try to limit chassis. I know of at least 6 of us that would have run 4wd mini at the KO if they alowed any 4wd mini chassis. Opening the class up the week of the race was too late.

My $ 0.02 cents on spec tires. Great if WCRC is the only place you race. But what if you also run parking lots or other local tracks ? Maybe you will run the same tire, possibly not. For a person that may want to run a race or two, having to buy a set of tires just to run there is a disincentive to run.
Are those 6 people who would have ran the KO willing to race the Tuesday night series?

As far as the tire issue, Spec tire or not you may want/need to run a different tire at another track anyway. As we know, tire is the most vital thing to setup. Going to a different track may require a different tire altogether and the fact that West Coast had a spec tire would be irrelevant.

Either way, I hope we can get a bunch of Mini guys to show up so we can get that class going. I posted in a different thread to see if you guys would be interested in running on a Sunday morning, similar to what we are doing with the F1 guys. If you think that would help please let me know and we can try to set something up.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckaspar
Are those 6 people who would have ran the KO willing to race the Tuesday night series?

As far as the tire issue, Spec tire or not you may want/need to run a different tire at another track anyway. As we know, tire is the most vital thing to setup. Going to a different track may require a different tire altogether and the fact that West Coast had a spec tire would be irrelevant.

Either way, I hope we can get a bunch of Mini guys to show up so we can get that class going. I posted in a different thread to see if you guys would be interested in running on a Sunday morning, similar to what we are doing with the F1 guys. If you think that would help please let me know and we can try to set something up.
Those six guys who would have ran the KO if it was open to all chassis from the beginning are probably not interested to run the Tuesday night series. Getting a little tired of people creating a 4wd mini class just for ABC and HPI cars and then only open up to others when ABC and HPI drivers do not support the class.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Those six guys who would have ran the KO if it was open to all chassis from the beginning are probably not interested to run the Tuesday night series. Getting a little tired of people creating a 4wd mini class just for ABC and HPI cars and then only open up to others when ABC and HPI drivers do not support the class.
Kevin, I sent you a PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

We have our pics and videos up from the KO race. They can be seen here.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

i coulda sworn i saw the guy recording the 17.5 sedan C-main. Where is that race? I dont see it posted.

nvm i found it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.