Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roars new rule: No sponsors in stock...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The rule saying you can only run 1 class if entering sportsman class.
Does that meen I cam run sportsman 17.5 rubber tire TC and sportsman 17.5 1/12??? There seems to be alot of grey areas.
Tim
Old 10-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Sportsman Stock classes will be effective at ROAR nationals in 2010.

The intent is to keep professional and sponsored racers out of the stock level racing. And yes, that means no stickers, logos or apparel from sponsorship that might indicate that driver was paid anything from product to travel or other incentive to run that product. Sportsman stock is designed for the racer who has no help from anybody to purchase product and simply enjoys the hobby.

We do encourage other programs to begin this idea as well to build the stock level racing programs which only enhances the entire hobby and makes us all stronger.

The Fall meeting of the ROAR Executive Committee are posted on the ROAR website. The stock rules are highlighted within those minutes.
Can I put my "ROAR Member" sticker on my car?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Before to long it'll be like the nba or nfl, telling you what kind of cloths you can wear and controlling your personal life. I just got into racing this year and i put stickers on my truggy to show what company my parts are coming from and plus i just like them too. I dont see nascar or the nhra telling their "stock" drivers to remove their stickers. ROAR needs to really rethink this!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Whats funny is since the rules have been released, I have seen MANY people remove there sig. I wana see how there gona be able to inforce this rule. I'm willing to bet the first National has guys in the sportsman that dont belong if roar is really trying to help the sport grow by allowing the Newbie to race thats perfect!! BUT, some cant afford to race w/o any help. So they go out and promote to help cut cost and now stuck in a class they dont belong. Forced into a faster class where it cost more to compete and the fun factor is gone. Just adding a Sportsman class for the Beginers would have been perfect alone.

TC racing is already hurting, Why take such a steep step right away and not work into changes slowley. I feel current ruls are going to hurt the counts 30%+.

I totally support a Sportsman class, Just a correct way to do it w/o hurting Others would be best. Work the class in..small steps Rome was not built in a day BUT could be gone the next.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sicsam
Before to long it'll be like the nba or nfl, telling you what kind of cloths you can wear and controlling your personal life. I just got into racing this year and i put stickers on my truggy to show what company my parts are coming from and plus i just like them too. I dont see nascar or the nhra telling their "stock" drivers to remove their stickers. ROAR needs to really rethink this!
Completely different thing. Most of those stickers are for contingency money. If you win with their product and their sticker is on your car it's worth a few bucks.

The reason for the ROAR ruling is to take away the advantage of a company getting anything out of a shirt or a sticker that may or may not represent the racer getting something. We're trying to separate the guys just out having fun from the more serious and dedicated racer. This way is the easiest to enforce.

Now while you cannot wear a company shirt, you could wear an event shirt.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Exactally my point also, I DONT get ANY $$ for my placings. I have been a dedicated racer for years and now that I get some help for being dedicated Im punished..LOL

Sad part is I have heard of guys getting some Hobby Shop deals better than what some 50% racers get.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Whats funny is since the rules have been released, I have seen MANY people remove there sig. I wana see how there gona be able to inforce this rule. I'm willing to bet the first National has guys in the sportsman that dont belong if roar is really trying to help the sport grow by allowing the Newbie to race thats perfect!! BUT, some cant afford to race w/o any help. So they go out and promote to help cut cost and now stuck in a class they dont belong. Forced into a faster class where it cost more to compete and the fun factor is gone. Just adding a Sportsman class for the Beginers would have been perfect alone.

TC racing is already hurting, Why take such a steep step right away and not work into changes slowley. I feel current ruls are going to hurt the counts 30%+.

I totally support a Sportsman class, Just a correct way to do it w/o hurting Others would be best. Work the class in..small steps Rome was not built in a day BUT could be gone the next.
what does the rule say exactly?

i think guys who get the following:
- paid to win
- get their entry paid for by the company
- get their hotel/travel costs paid by the company

shouldnt be allowed in anything except mod. i think i remember a few years back, the winner of the Reedy Race won some $$$ for winning 19T from the driver's car manufacturer. This type of driver should be in mod not stock.

now guys with "homie hook ups", "hobby shop discounts" or 50% deals should be allowed in stock and lower. guys who get paid are much more serious than the average joe.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs down Not an punishment!

Exactally my point also, I DONT get ANY $$ for my placings. I have been a dedicated racer for years and now that I get some help for being dedicated Im punished..LOL

Sad part is I have heard of guys getting some Hobby Shop deals better than what some 50% racers get.
Your not being punished for racing for years. Just being told to move up with the rest of the other racers that have been dedicated for years and make room for the new racer. In other forms of racing, being forced to move up is a reward that racers covet and brag about.

This will give the new racer a chance to enter a national race, get his name on top and maybe pick up some sponsors. Then move up to race with the guys who have been racing for years.

No loss off old racers, just gaining new ones!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki

- paid to win

shouldnt be allowed in anything except mod. i think i remember a few years back, the winner of the Reedy Race won some $$$ for winning 19T from the driver's car manufacturer. This type of driver should be in mod not stock.

now guys with "homie hook ups", "hobby shop discounts" or 50% deals should be allowed in stock and lower. guys who get paid are much more serious than the average joe.

EXACTLY!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got2bqik
The rule saying you can only run 1 class if entering sportsman class.
Does that meen I cam run sportsman 17.5 rubber tire TC and sportsman 17.5 1/12??? There seems to be alot of grey areas.
Tim
No grey area... nothing in the rule says you can only run one class. (in fact, the rule isn't published yet.. people here are going nuts on the meeting minutes published the HIGHLIGHT the changes for 2010.)

Yes, sportsman stock TC and 1/12th is fine.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

+1-
Mod and SS should be for those racers Exactally!!

Basically any Homie hook up is banned ..BUT a Hobby Shop deal is OK...

Example: So ,some like I supporting 2 racers myself and my son at same overall cost as a HS racer deal.I have to run something more than I desire because I get my deal thru the MFG not a HS, Where a HS is actuaually effected more. IF I or somebody in lower class was winning I could see being asked to move up. But the rule is not solid in my mind.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
Can I put my "ROAR Member" sticker on my car?
Does ROAR pay for you to race or travel or stay in a hotel? Does ROAR give you free product to race with and part of the deal is to promote that product?

No?

Then, sure.. a ROAR sticker is fine.

In fact, the stickers that came with the kit or car are fine.... they are part of the hobby..... if that company pays for you to be there in any way, yea, its a problem and you shouldn't be in that class anyway.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Originally Posted by Hebiki

- paid to win

EXACTLY!
quote for emphasis. i think my post puts an end to this discussion.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

I cant wait till The ROAR final RULES come into Print. This does have some good points IF what I'm reading between the lines does show.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You're not being punished. If you're fast enough for a company to decide to help you out with some products then you are fast enough to step up. Quit being a chicken sh*t and step up by moving up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.