Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who's In INDY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Who's In INDY?

just wondering how many race here in Indiana. Where do you race need to start looking for a new track. I live in brownsburg. about a 20 Minute drive west of Indianapolis. Hobbytown Indy is closing their track. Bummer.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Terre Haute has a carpet oval I think. That is about 70 miles west of Indy so it shouldn't be too far to drive. Rumor has it that there may be another carpet track in Indy next winter somewhere else.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

when i get enough people who can say they will come, then a track will be open in brownsburg. looking for above 75 people to say they will come.
Old 04-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I live on NW Side of Indy, and I would go anywhere thats closer than New Castle, currently 1.5 hours each way for me.

I know pepole with some space, just not the $4k for the timing and scoring stuff...

Indy is the racing capital of the world except for RC...

Last edited by ILv2Xlr8; 04-08-2002 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Race Fans!!!!!!!!! Rumor has it that there maybe a new carpet track coming to Indy.... I sure hope so!!!!! we need one... Anyway for the time being there are several tracks in Indiana to go race at.. Race St. Raceway in New Castle is the closest here then Hobby Barn in Terre Haute, then there is Summit Raceway in Fort Wayne, one in Boonville and a asphalt/ dirt track in Hamlet.If dirt is your style then there is Planet R/C in Indy, also there is going to be one in Beech Grove for what I heard,, I've seen the track so it looks good that it will happen, but it is a outside track and a 1/18th scale carpet track indoor. Also there is P&T hobbies in Mitchell and I was told they have new sticky dirt for maximum traction.. Also R/C World of Indiana in Lynn is still around and they still have the big state races. Joe and Shirley are the best people to hang out there. Also there is now a big dirt track in close to Columbus,IN, and some other dirt tracks up in northen Indiana.. Also for you oval nuts!!! Like me!!! don't forget here in Indianapolis we still have the Velodrome.. For those who don't know, it is a very high bank concrete oval that we race on it once a month in the spring/summer/fall days.. The drive line is around 1080ft or so, and they can run up to 20 cars at a time if it needs to be done. So there you go!!!!! Plenty of tracks to go to here in the Hoosier state. So dust those cars and trucks off and bring'em on.. and have FUN!!!!!!!!