Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2010 Alabama Manf. Shootout...coming soon and it's gonna be big! >

2010 Alabama Manf. Shootout...coming soon and it's gonna be big!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Alabama Manf. Shootout...coming soon and it's gonna be big!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had a great time at the race! It was nice to meet so many new people. Alan and crew did a really good job putting the race together. Jimmy and Canyon ran an efficient program. Looking forward to next year, but could you make it cooler. LOL
8 hours left out of 12 on our drive home.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Good job Alan for putting on a super smooth race this year. I will definitely be at the next years AMS and loved how the track layout flowed really good.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks everyone! For the first year I think it was a great event. Sometimes it's hard to make things perfect, but next year we are going to promote it good again and make adjustments.

The quali day started at 7:30 sharp and ended at 10:30. So it was a 15 hour day. I had wanted to get through around 9:00 to 9:30 pm. I personally think Jimmy did a great job with no delays.

We actually had about 370 entries I want to say. The problem was we had to clear out the "no shows" and that made for the longer day.

On the main days we started at 7:30 am and with trophy presentations, pictures, and all the prizes given away we were done by 8:45pm. That's more along what I had in mind.

On Friday we gave away over 175 items do random racers. Some got tires, some got engines, tshirts, break in stands, setup stations, fuel, you name it.

After the mains the top 5 in each class really came out nice.

We will make adjustments and get it going for 2011, guys. Thanks again for the support and see ya soon!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Well it's over guys and was a great time! We have the top 20 qual results on www.2010ams.com

As soon as possible we will have the top 20 in each class for final results and pictures/video of the event for you guys to check out.

You can also check out www.liverc.com

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)

Alan, Congrats on your event. Everyone i talked to said it was incredible. Can you sign me up for next years race. I will not miss next year for sure.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Ebi
Tech Adept

Thanks to Alan and the great crew behind him.

Checked my emails and got a lot from people in Germany + Austria who are jealous not to be here

It was a great time in Alabama, we met old + new friends.

When asked about the race we can say to everybody, it's one to compete at.
We will leave at monday morning and take our impressions and a lot of pictures with us.

CU

Gerd + Ebi
Old 06-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Sounds like the race went very well Alan. Wish I could have made it.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default AMS

Alan,

What a great event, I was not able to be there on friday, but came down to watch the mains - from a track owner - I know what goes into a race and you and your team had it going on -

No one really knows what goes into these events, and you all did a great job!

Lots of hard work from all - and some dang good racing!

We were a proud sponsor of the 2010 AMS - White House Hobbies.

Again, nice show!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

Great job Alan and crew. I definitely will be attending this race again next year. Had a great time and met many awesome people. Thanks again.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

thanks for all the hard work Alan and thank for putting on this race we will be back next year for sure. The track was great and meet a lot of great people
Old 06-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I know that I enjoy watchin it while over in Iraq. And I hope like HECK I will be state side next year to make it. I enjoyed chatting with ppl on liverc and Im lookin forward to get home and do some racing.

Thanks to Alan and his crew for puttin on a great race.

SGT Tune
Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Great Race Alan, i had a blast and look forward to next year. The give away prizes were awesome. I easily left with enough freebies to offset the entry fee.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Cool Im OK

Chris(BigNasty) im ok and Alan thanks for helping me over to the couch!!!! I think the muscle is torn but ive torn them b4 so not a real biggie!! But every1 is gonna no me as the kid who got hit by that buggy. If any1 nows who hit me, plz tell me bcz i need to find out if it was a runaway or if hes stupid!!!

Alan, i really think u should hold that race as a bi-annual race because that race was pretty dang awesome and the track was fastest on the llast day!!!

Or at least hold two different kind of races there and change the layout up, it would be cool!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Big Nasty, very well said.

tnrccar, thank you as well. Without event sponsors such as yourself this show could never happen as it did.

Alan and crew, a big thanks to you also. The track was incredible to say the least. For as much that was going on and amount of people there, it couldn't have went much smoother.

The competition was intense, hacking seemed to be minimal and everyone seemed to be having a fun time. I know we did, and we are ready to sign up for next year already!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Default Amazing

I have to say this is the farthest I have ever traveled to a race, and only did it because it was in my home state. But now that I have been I will be there every year. The facility and track were top notch. It was ran by the right people to keep the program smooth. The racing was fierce in all classes. And the prize line was absolutely amazing. I would be shocked if this is not the biggest prize line every given away at any RC event. Everyone got something and if you did well you made out like a bandit. I'm already excited for next year.

Since the marshall subject has already been touched on I will just say we live and learn. It was comical to say the least. But indeed it was the same for everyone. So no harm no foul.

Alan thanks so much for all you put into this. Tonia and I had a great time and we'll see you next time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.