Mushroom Bowl Indoor Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:31 PM
RMI
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mushroom Bowl Indoor Carpet

Looking for a show of hands, who might be interested in racing at the
Mushroom Bowl this coming indoor season. Looking for racers who are serious about showing up, even if you don't take racing seriously. In other words, racer's that are looking to still have a good time in the Kennett Square area but aren't looking to drive very far to do it. We have a plan in place, but just need to know how many entries we can sort of count on to make it happen. If you need to know more, just ask.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

hey john me and jeff will definetly go to the bowl to race in the winter would i be able to run my wgt i just got or would i have to go get a 12th scale car?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
RMI
Tech Apprentice

Since we are trying to make this happen purely to have fun, I don't think we will turn away any particular class, but I'm not sure if we have the lane width we need for the WGT car. Does Jeff have a WGT also? If it turns out that we don't have the room needed for the WGT, you could always run my 1/12th. But then again, the were a couple of vintage cars on last year's layout, so I would imagine that a WGT would have plenty of room.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Adam and I would be in off and on (not every weekend).

I bet you can grow a group if you add the jumps for 1/18 trucks too. Only one other place around for off-road in the winter (Bumps & Jumps / Harrisburg)

I'd be up for 1/12 and maybe either M18 or trucks.

Is the shop still going to be there or is it track-only?

Been eyeing that Horsham track as a potential too, though. That will have a heavy Saturday draw North of Philly. If The Bowl ran Friday nights, maybe that would work out for the better?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Prophet

i would love if they add the jumps back for the 1/18 i think that would bring more people for that class,and plus the pennsauken track closed too .
Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jmcvicker
Adam and I would be in off and on (not every weekend).

I bet you can grow a group if you add the jumps for 1/18 trucks too. Only one other place around for off-road in the winter (Bumps & Jumps / Harrisburg)

I'd be up for 1/12 and maybe either M18 or trucks.

Is the shop still going to be there or is it track-only?

Been eyeing that Horsham track as a potential too, though. That will have a heavy Saturday draw North of Philly. If The Bowl ran Friday nights, maybe that would work out for the better?
Or we could run sunday at like 12 or 1 and get done at 5 or 6 like blue diamond in the summer and so we dont split the racers between horsham and the bowl. but if we get this going i think i might have to take you up on that offer john but then what are you going to run?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 PM
RMI
Tech Apprentice

I don't see a problem putting the jumps back in, but to be sure, I will check on that. One main thing is that the jumps may need some maintenance and we will need to be cautious of the carpet when putting the jumps down or taking them up.

About the shop. There is still a considerable abount of items still in there. If there's something in there you need or want, it is there to be bought at a great price, but they will not be re-stocking anything. Once it's gone, it's gone.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
RMI
Tech Apprentice

Miles, I still have the M18 to run, so no worries.

I don't think we will be looking into Friday night racing, sorry, just too much going on for quite a few of us to make iton a Friday night.

As for Sunday, I guess it's an option, but we have grown so used to Saturday nights at the Bowl, that we are shooting for that day.

Also, since I don't know everyone's handles on here, please let me know who you are somehow so I can keep track. (No pun intended)
Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Prophet

my name is kenny i proberty wount be there intil december cause my outdoor track is still running
Old 10-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello guys. If your opening the Bowl again this winter. I will deffinatly buy another 12th car to run there. I might beable to bring atleast 3-4 others with me for the same class. Only question is wat will the rules be for 12th scale this year. Batteries and motors. We are hoping to run atleast 13.5's if it's gonna follow the ROAR 1s lipo's for batteries.

TY Bob W.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Iwill run 13.5 or 17.5 i have everything to run 1/12th but the chassis i might buy both motors so if we dont have enough people to run one class i will try to fill in so everyone can race what they want and dont have to change motors.

Another thing john that i saw at bumps and jumps is they have rent a rides. Im sure there are some people that have m18's they are looking to get rid of and they can exchange them for free race weeks at the bowl and then the bowl can rent them out for 25-30 dollars for the car, race, transponder, and for any parts they could possibly break i mean if we can get enough people who would be willing to show and rent a car we could try that and the bowl would make some more money and more people in the m18 class. just a suggestiom
Old 10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Also i change my mind on sundays if we do saturday nights i could make it almost every week
Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

13.5 and 1s Lipo can work. I will let the others know.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I thought I read in another thread that the mushroom bowl was closing? Am I mistaken? I was considering a 1/12 scale to run up there, but gave up on the idea after I read the other thread. If you guys plan to run, I know at least two others who will be joining w/ either 1/18 MT or 1/12.

Going to subscribe to this thread to see what happens.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This looks like a resurgence. I'm more inclined to go to the Bowl versus Horsham (closer distance and atmosphere). My thinking on the jumps is that with a couple pairs of jumps, the truck guys will really come to have some fun beyond the normal flat course. The jumps were said to cause pulls in the carpet (the jumps or the crashes due to them?). I'd be willing to help with some carpentry and pitch in for any repairs. With jumps, suspension tuning becomes a little more interesting.

Saturday is fine - but Sunday is good too. Sunday racing at 1pm would probably be what would work if you go that route.

I've got a spare M18 that could be used for stock rental.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.