Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mushroom Bowl Indoor Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We desperately need some help. We've had some great people contribute their time and equipment to help us get the offroad track in order, but now we need everyone who can help's help . This saturday the track is offering free food to any and everyone who can come out and help us get the tracks and grounds in order. We have to spread grass seed and straw and get some of the smaller stones up as well as groom the two tracks. If we can get all of you out to help this job will only take a short while. If you can come to help please bring a rake.
We can be racing sooner than later if we all chip in, and there is
FREEE FOOOD!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys/gals not sure why I haven't seen more interest in these specials . Should I keep offering them?

The battery/motor special is coming to an end tmrw, so get your order in if you want to save some scratch for the season.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:33 AM
RMI
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new track layout looks good and lends itself well to all the scales we scales we normally run. Thinking about trying out some vintage this winter along with cup cars again.

I'm reading that VTA rules call for a 25.5 motor with a 2s lipo pack, is this true? I thought Vintage used a 21.5 with no boost, so I'm a little confused here. Any thoughts?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RMI
The new track layout looks good and lends itself well to all the scales we scales we normally run. Thinking about trying out some vintage this winter along with cup cars again.

I'm reading that VTA rules call for a 25.5 motor with a 2s lipo pack, is this true? I thought Vintage used a 21.5 with no boost, so I'm a little confused here. Any thoughts?
If you check the USVTA rules package (found here) http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/2010rules.pdf the change is to use only one of 2 Novak 25.5 motors with any motor mechanical timing and a very limited selection on speedos and umlimited gear ratio options. In the past locally the 21.5 using mechanical timing advance only, limited gear ratios (final drive 4.2) and any speedo allowed but absolutely no electronic timing advance and or boost enhancements were allowed. The exception that I experienced was at the bowl that allowed timing and boost. One of the problems encountered with speedos came about with Tekin. The claim was that when you turned off all the timing and boost all should be equal. Scooby even had Randy Pike (from Tekin) come to his defenses at a race earlier in the 2010 season to testify of the equality. Well, I don't know how equal it was but it came to pass that there needed to be some additional revisions to get it right.

From the places I have traveled to most places are using the majority of the USVTA rules and just tweaking the rules to fit their local track and racers.

Here is the excerpt from those rules Motor Specifications:
25.5 brushless with 2C LiPo: Novak SS25.5 Pro brushless motor (pn:3425V) or Ballistic 25.5
(pn:3625V- stator only pn:S6625) ONLY combined with any ROAR-approved hard-cased 2C 7.4v
LiPo pack up to and including 5000 mAh capacity. Novak motors are the ONLY motor allowed at
this time. All house track rules regarding LiPo usage apply. Only physical motor timing advance is
allowed, however Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the timing range sticker. 12.3 mm
rotor diameter only (no "tuning" rotors are allowed, only stock Novak rotors allowed).
Approved ESCs:
Novak-
GTB series part numbers:1710, 1711
Havoc series part numbers:1732, 1733, 1735
Slyder part number: 1712
XBR (DISCONTINUED) part number:1720
LRP
A.i. Brushless Reverse part numbers: LRP80100, LRP80150

Last edited by spurcheck; 11-27-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RMI

Oh yeah, the winter thread with the most recent info can be found here http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...10-2011-a.html

Probably best to go to the more current thread, will save confusion