Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motorama 2010 Harrisburg PA

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh and btw I am sure the electric side will be better this year Now that the Hidden Hangar has taken over things!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedyfz450
Like I said 1/8 scale guys have no idea... (your racing and track and accomadations were amazing)... Must me to many fumes in that dome of yours bra! But hey if you wanna trade arenas and put up with the stuff we did last year then lets do it! You don't need to be a donger! We are all in the same hobby for the same reason to have fun and race and spend time with friends!
the nitro event wasn't always as good as it was last year...yes it was always a lot of fun cause so much is going on, but the program wasn't always up to par. YOU guys have NO idea....trust me! last year was the first time they ran a separate electric event so give them a brake! they learned enough last year and from hobbyrama, so im sure the electric event will be much better this year.
so stop
Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those who may not know, this is Jasen, the race director for the nitro races. For those that do know hey what's up. In terms of the prices here is a reminder of what was paid last year for the same race. This is an excerpt from the old entry form:

"1. TQ R/C PERFORMANCE IS BRINGING BACK R/C RACING TO MOTORAMA 2009. ANY QUESTIONS
REGARDING RULES AND SPECIFICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT LUTHER AT [email protected]. ALL
QUESTIONS ON PASSES CONTACT BRAD AT [email protected]
2. THE RACE TRACK WILL BE ARENACROSS STYLE IN SURFACE AND DESIGN MEASURING 120 FT. X 200
FT. LOCATED IN THE EQUINE ARENA.
3. PRE-ENTRY IS $65 FOR THE FIRST CLASS AND $55 FOR THE SECOND. POST ENTRY AT HARRISBURG IS
$75 PER CLASS, PLUS (2) DAY RACE AND SHOW PASS ($45.00), PLUS PARKING. ENTRY FORM MUST BE
FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND FAXED TO 717-359-9616 OR SENT TO MOTROAMA EVENTS BY
FEBRUARY 1, 2009.
4. PRE-ENTRY FEE INCLUDES 1-(2) DAY RACE AND SHOW PASS. FRIDAY PRACTICE FROM 10 A.M. - 6 P.M..
4 QUALIFIERS ON SATURDAY, MAIN EVENTS ON SUNDAY. 1 PARKING PASS FOR ALL 3 DAYS, AND ALL
OTHER RACING EVENTS AND SHOWS. DOES NOT GUARANTEE SEATING IN ANY ARENA. RESERVED
PARKING CLOSE TO EQUINE ARENA IS $10 AND GOOD FOR ALL 3 DAYS."

With that being said the price really was not increased from last year but actually reduced by $5 ($50 now instead of $55)if you race 2 classes. Of the $65 entry fee, $35 goes toward ticket entry fee for the other events plus another 10 parking pass. That’s leaves $20 for race entry fee. I understand that there was a correction made and it was dually noted, but honestly those who raced last year know what they paid. If you want to race you will find a way. I went to the 5th annual Dirt nitro challenge when it was in Hemet. I paid 65 for the first class and 45 for the second. The following year the price jumped to $95 first and 75 for the second. I saw a gentleman pay $75 each class for 4 classes plus 2 day show pass ($45) for 3 individuals without blinking his eye. Will that gentleman be back this year who knows. I do know that those that do come are appreciated. We understand that times are hard and if you can't make it we understand, but to bash a race that takes time and effort of this magnitude is absurd.
There is roughly 24-48 hours given to construct 2 racing tracks, 2 drivers stands and a rock crawling environment before the first participant is even allowed to enter the building. I feel that bashing any race for that matter shows total disrespect for the individuals that take time out of there busy schedules to make an event like this or any event come true. Everyone makes comparisons to other races and that is to be expected, but given the history of the event I feel that we could actually pat each other on the back. There is always room for improvement and we would definitely like feedback the try to improve for the years to come. Let me just say bashing doesn’t help. Here are last year’s numbers:

462 Nitro entries
112 Electric entries
39 Rock Crawlers

Total Entries = 613
Now to pull that off in 2 days not including all day practice, I think we did pretty good. Now everyone knows that there are lessons to be learned and we all must take the bad with the good and move forward. Is see that there are a lot of electric racers complaining about everything and that the nitro guys got everything but believe me all that glitters isn’t gold and what you don’t see I do. Like Luke from Hidden Hangar said there are some needed changes for the electric side of Motorama and they should be addressed soon. Just buckle up and hold on because it’s going to be on heck of a ride.
I don’t know if I had any affect on any one’s decision for Motorama attendance this year or not, I would hope so for the best. I hope to see everyone come Feb 20th ready to race.

See you there,
Jasen
Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know what pro drivers will be there?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

attn electric racers
talked with promoters and they agreed to lower entries for the electric offroad 45.00 first class 30.00 every class after more to come
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

attn electric racers
talked with promoters and they agreed to lower entries for the electric offroad 45.00 first class 30.00 every class after more to come
NICE!!! Look see the Hangar takes over and things are already begining to get better!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thhrc
attn electric racers
Very commendable and should help fill the electric area full of entries. A lot of people will want to run multiple electric classes and this helps alot.

Was thinking of skipping, now will probably run 4 classes (2 me, 2 for my son)

Last edited by jmcvicker; 12-03-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

attn electric racers
I will be there then.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

attn electric racers
Thats Good!! With that being said Im in for all 3!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedyfz450
NICE!!! Look see the Hangar takes over and things are already begining to get better!!!
No real surprise because Luke and Lou are on the job.

That price range is perfect for a big race. ROAR could learn something about pricing from these guys. For the Nats for those who don't know where $80 a class plus 35 dollar ROAR fee and then if you run a rubber tire class I think it either $25 or $30 per set of 4 rubber tires. Attendance was only around 100 or so.

Motoramma is a top caliber event but this year the electric track will be better than ever. They have had a year to prepare and have alot of stuff in place to make it more successful than ever before for the electric guys.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default On the Ball

The Hidden Hanger group is on the Ball I am sure Electric will be a total sucess,guys get your cars ready this will be a great race.

Thanks Jason you guys always do a great job in Nitro I am excited to see if you guys can top last year.

Some other news coming maybe somthing else special
Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm for me if we will be allowd to setup an ezup in the nitro track area as in years past? If not, in the other pit area?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Ez ups

There willl be no need for ez -ups we are focused on having all the guys in the warm pit area so the spectators can see the racing in the nitro area,but you can use a easy up in the warm area if you would like.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nice job Hidden Hangar Luke and Lou thats the way to get the job done
Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Electric 8th scale?

Does anyone know if the Elec 8th is Buggy and Truggy? The pull down menu on the registration only has the word 8th electric. If I attend, it will only be to run the electrics this year.

I need my race trailer to run the nitros, with all the wrenching involved. With electric, I can manage from a dolly. My friendly neighborhood "association" passed a new law that prohibits trailers of any kind, so I had to take my race trailer south and park at my house there. Don't you love those neighborhood associations? Man, I have almost quit nitro because of that crap...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.