Wiki Posts
Search

Offroaders of So Cal R/C Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Offroaders of So Cal R/C Raceway

Being as the other So Cal thread has gone to the on-roaders' I felt us off-roaders' needed a place to post. GO FOR IT!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Reverse Supercross

I love the latest track that has been there for about 2 weeks now...it's real fast....

I've been getting consistant 28's with it and the occasiocal 27.5 in buggy.

I'm about a month into sportsman and made my first truck A main and came in 5th, last Wed. That truck class is one competitive MoFo....I've been winning my B-mains in buggy...just on the brink of that A....

I wonder if it's true what they say, if you can hang at SoCal you can hang anywhere...since it's the only place I've raced I wouldn't know. I am looking foward to getting into the Babcock series. Bakersfield was just too far for me.

TODD JG
Old 02-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

i havent raced since last october are they useing personal transponders for offroad yet?

sportsman stock is a competive class, even more so when a lot of the gas guys come to run.

what are you guys running motor wise in stock truck?
Old 02-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Good to see offroaders posting. Anyone interested in getting the 4 wd class going better? I'm thinking of the Yokomo MR4BC and heard some others are getting the 4wd cars too.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by xxxtracer32
i havent raced since last october are they useing personal transponders for offroad yet?

sportsman stock is a competive class, even more so when a lot of the gas guys come to run.

what are you guys running motor wise in stock truck?
Yes they are using personal transponders off road now. They also have rentals but I don't know the cost.

For motors, I run a P2K2 but that certainly doesn't mean thats the best.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

They use personal transponders and renting is $3.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Reverse Supercross

Originally posted by nutfluff
I love the latest track that has been there for about 2 weeks now...it's real fast....

I've been getting consistant 28's with it and the occasiocal 27.5 in buggy.

I'm about a month into sportsman and made my first truck A main and came in 5th, last Wed. That truck class is one competitive MoFo....I've been winning my B-mains in buggy...just on the brink of that A....

I wonder if it's true what they say, if you can hang at SoCal you can hang anywhere...since it's the only place I've raced I wouldn't know. I am looking foward to getting into the Babcock series. Bakersfield was just too far for me.

TODD JG
It is true what they say about if you can hang at SoCal then you can hang almost anywhere...

If you think about it, the winners of the IFMAR world championships are "SoCal Locals" (Billy Easton, and Ryan Cavilari. sorry about the spelling), and almost all other big events some SoCal locals are there in the A-Main...
Old 02-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Come on....Just because you can "hang" at Socal doesnt make you any of the people you just mentioned.These people have more talent in 1 finger then most any of us,including everyone replying to this thread.Not really the best gauge if you ask me.This is not saying people at Socal are slow by any means.Just its not the measuring stick.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It can be a way of seeing how good you are. If pros are at the track you can compare times and see where there having troble with the track. One day I was there Tony P. was having troble with the end of the straite turn, it made me know that that part wasn't easy to do.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by racenut123
Come on....Just because you can "hang" at Socal doesnt make you any of the people you just mentioned.These people have more talent in 1 finger then most any of us,including everyone replying to this thread.Not really the best gauge if you ask me.This is not saying people at Socal are slow by any means.Just its not the measuring stick.
Come on down and see where you measure up...

Old 02-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have several times in the past.Dont get me wrong.Socal has had some fast guys come out of it,but its not the end all be all of fast guys.Give me a break.We have plenty of fast talent up north but we are not the gauge either.Some people need to get over themselves.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

how is the track now, im thinking of coming down to race on sunday.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Show me where at any point someone said SoCal is the end all be all of fast guys and I'll buy you a pony...

In all sports (I played basketball and baseball in college) people can only grow as tough as their toughest competition...all we're saying is if you race with the best...you have a better opportunity to be the best...if you don't race with the best, how would you know?

Old 02-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Default blue groove

our local indoor track in (cold) Massachusetts is looking to start doing blue groove dirt.

Since So Cal is the only indoor (thus, no nitro) blue groove I have ever been to, what is the process to get the blue groove

- unique clay

- any chemicals

- ???

thanks
Old 02-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: blue groove

Originally posted by barrys
our local indoor track in (cold) Massachusetts is looking to start doing blue groove dirt.

Since So Cal is the only indoor (thus, no nitro) blue groove I have ever been to, what is the process to get the blue groove

- unique clay

- any chemicals

- ???

thanks
Try to PM So_Cal_Slim about what they do, he has the skinny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.