Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Offroaders of So Cal R/C Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

peoples' $.02 is how we learn new things. MTs wuold be hard on the track but, they run on practice nights; so why not on race nights?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Now, theres the truth.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Like I said, I don't know how badly they tear up your guys surface. I know it's a lot harder surface than we have. (perfect for 4wd, that's why I can't wait to get up there some time and run) But at our track, you get an Emaxx out there for ten minutes, and the whole damn track has to be redone just to make it drivable for anyone else. I'm not kidding, they destroy the track. We've had holes, not ruts, holes develop in a matter of minutes in some of the corners from these guys. The owner and alot of us racers got sick of having to spend an hour re surfacing the track so someone who just bought a Emaxx could go play.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Do you have a packer? 4wd is something I haven't seen run at so cal in a long time.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

They do but the tracks only been there for about 6 months now and it's slowly getting better. The dirt is starting to get a good solid base to it. When they first built it you could step in the straight and leave a 1/2" deep foot print. Even though it sucks when it rains being an out door track and we can't run, it actually helps the track a ton. Every rain gives the track a good deep saoking and the dirt starts to get better packed.
4wd is so awesome! I still don't understand why more people don't get into this class. The cars handle so much better and the acceleration is addicting. Combine the 4wd with a good punchy mod motor and some killer batts, there's nothing more fun to drive in the dirt.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

So Cal was like that when it was new. I ran at a outdoor track by you. Is your track behind a hobby shop?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, It's behind Family Hobbies in Santee. There was Discount Hobby Warehouse down here in San Diego years ago. They had a couple locations. They're still around but they don't have a track anymore. Perm. tracks in San Diego don't exist anymore except for Family because realestate costs are so high. Family got lucky and there was a big open area behind their shop and next to the rollerskate rink in the same building.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Discount is where I ran.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Oh great, I get to run with them. Let the slaughter begin.
Dirty natedog is there and doing it......in the novice truck class

got me a plauqe last week 3rd place baby first time with me RTR T4 ....he ehheehehhhheeee
Old 02-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

All right Nate! Get A Losi, you'll bump up the Intermediate automatically. J/K
Old 02-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jkerr0043
All right Nate! Get A Losi, you'll bump up the Intermediate automatically. J/K
come to the darkside nate come.......
Old 02-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Aboce someone mentions that "When is SoCal not loose?" Well I've been to a few other tracks, and I've found that SoCal is pretty blue groove in comparison. On my B4 I usually have to run step pins on other tracks. When they redo the track at SoCal, it is a little loose for a short time, but quicklt gets up to speed, I'm sure this has to do with a number of issues. One-It is indoors, so it doesn't get dried out by direct sun and wind, two- only electric run on it, and third- the dirt used is much more clay content than a lot of other tracks. I think we get spoiled.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

I'd have to agree. There was a track here in east San Diego County (RC Racing Center in Lakeside for those of you who knew of it.) years ago where I first started that was like a small So Cal type track. A little looser dirt, but indoor with a higher clay content. Now having to run in real dirt outdoors make you appreciate a track surface like So Cal alot more.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SocalSnakeEyes
I was there yesterday, I don't run but I talked to some people. They said the track was good just a little loose. Its' a new so it needs time to brake in, thats all.
The triple in front of the driver's stand is kind of annoying, the "BABY" section is kind of annoying, the second triple is kind of annoying, and the "SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE" section is kind of a PAIN...

Other than that, the track is fun to drive on...

Except for all the little kids standing out there so you could not see your car. I hit three of them!!!(on accident of course... )
Old 02-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

i said "when isnt socal loose?". i feel it does take a while for the track to get its traction back after getting rebuilt, by then its rutted and has foot prints in it. plus besides socal and racing onroad, the only other place ive run offroad was at MnM. i dont know just my thinking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.