Lake Perris R/C Race

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lake Perris R/C Race

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

MarkA > I would have to agree with you on most of your points. Especially the time. Who the hell needs 45 minutes between qualifiers and the main, especially when the second heat of gas took FOREVER. You need to go to Revelation to see the best drivers stand

Otherwise it was fun and HOT. Track was completely dirty, but the air compressor was like SoCal on Crack, it rocked!!

Sportsman Stock

Howard H > 1st
???? > 2nd
Matt W > 3rd
Old 02-24-2002, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default To give them a bit of credit. . .

They DO have transponders, but only 5 of them were actually functioning. I think someone neglected to plug them in (gee, we've seen something like THAT happen before. . .)

Most of the 45 minute between heats and mains was to repair the sound system (which they did) and to do track maintenance (which they did)

I will say - they took a long time and thoroughly cleaned the track in the morning. The dirt oval next door ran Outlaws the night before and the track was COVERED in dirt - they took the time and cleaned it up. - it was gonna be dusty since it is outdoors and pretty much in a dirt bowl. . .but we pan cars were HOOKED and I saw a good number of nitro and electric sedans that were pretty well hooked as well (including this bright orange number 4 that bump passed everyone! heh heh, j/k Matt)

It was wierd doing all your driving either toward or away from us. . .but it was definitely fun.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah, I do actually have to give them credit for getting it as clean as it was even though some might call it dirty. They definitely put in an effort on that in the morning. I mean, I’ve seen days where SoCal was as dirty as that after it was allegedly vacuumed.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I thought it was a pretty demanding day. Went from like 55deg in the morning to probably 105deg by noon! You had to be quick and smart with your tire selections for each round so it really tested your tuning skills. Once the lines started grooving in then the dust became a non factor for some. All in all a pretty fun and challenging day- and very nice quality trophies to boot!
Old 02-25-2002, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

To be exact, the track temp was 62 at the start of practice and 112 before the start of the mains, FWIW.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Boomer > Very funny

Overall is was a very fun day.
Old 04-12-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ANY R/C DRAGS IN SAN DIEGO?

KINDA NEW TO THE R/C WORLD AND TRYING TO FIND ANYONE IN SAN DIEGO INTO R/C DRAGS OR IF YOU KNOW of SOMEONE LET ME KNOW.I HEAR THERE ARE SOME GUYS AROUND BUT DONT KNOW WHERE.APPRECIATE ANY HELP.THANKS ....JERRY [email protected]
Old 04-13-2002, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Call HobbyTown of San Marcos- once in a blue moon they get something going.