Community
Wiki Posts
Search

N.W. TIMEZONE Gran Prix July 24,25,26 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That was a great weekend. Rick & Mark where do I start, the track was amazing, the people are super friendly, race program ran perfect, and the hospitality was 2nd to none. You guys went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a great time. My hats off to you guys for letting us remember that it's not all about racing, but getting to meet new people and have one hell of a great time. Thanks guys.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MAD916
Got word from some of the Cali guys they are bring there elec's. Also have the E-8th Scale Challenge with Scott and Rich's E-kyosho, Wolf hobbies and the E-Edan, and our E-mugen. Paul Lemieux pops off a 15.7 with it last Sunday after coming up for a look around.
Come on out guys and spend a very warm weekend in the shade.
First e1/8th on-road race is in the books. What a hoot.

Quick look at the attendees: The TimeZone eMugen (superior run time) - Empire's Davis eM3 (limited run time, but handles like it's glued to the track), Empire's Yoder eEvolva (great design, electrical issues being resolved).

Here's one for ya - the Kimbrow wheeled Empire eM3 turned a 14.3 which was within one tenth of the Kimbrow piloted M3 (fuel) track record fast lap of 14.2 - oh lordy - we just need more run time out of the batteries.

The cars make a very loud swoosh when they blast by pit lane. It was great being part of the first e1/8th duel.

It would be great to hear from other folks who watched the cars - feel free to pipe in....
Old 07-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

What an awesome race weekend, the track and facility are top notch. Thank you Rick and Mark for the hospitality and Richard for the margaritas.

The Timezone Grand Prix was one of the most enjoyable race races I have ever attended and the Saturday barbecue was awesome. It just doesn't get any better.

Thanks again,

Jim Adkins