R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to say I had one of the best times Sunday....The track layout was cool,traction was good,tire wear was nothing,I only spent 30.00 bucks and my boys had a great time...what more could you ask for. Good seeing everyone,look forward to the next time. Bob...the old guys were putting it down buddy:-)
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #32
Tech Master

I had a blast this past Sunday. The 4X4 Slash is getting dialed in. I should be ready for Motorama soon. It is going to be snowing this weekend so I guess no outdoor racing

I think the 4X4 Mod Short Course is going to be this years big class. Almost the performace of a buggy (Rusty had some 33 second laps) and nowhere near the cost. I can't wait till the spring series. See you guys again soon.
EastCoasterVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Great day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN HIGH View Post
Just wanted to say I had one of the best times Sunday....The track layout was cool,traction was good,tire wear was nothing,I only spent 30.00 bucks and my boys had a great time...what more could you ask for. Good seeing everyone,look forward to the next time. Bob...the old guys were putting it down buddy:-)
Curtis always good to see you and the boys. Had a blast on Sunday, hope to see you guys at Motorama. Hope that leg heals up fast. Tell Austin not to fill that water bucket up so high next time, too heavy to carry.
Chartos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Here is the flyer.
Attached Thumbnails
RC Pro Racing - Gloucester VA-round1copy.jpg  
NITRO 540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Looking good!! Looks to be lots of racing at Rogers this year. Roar, RC Pro Series and his own series!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jesse Bean

What are your rules for Stock Slash? I have a blitz.
JBRC Products
Jesse Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Bean View Post
What are your rules for Stock Slash? I have a blitz.
Jesse I asked the same question on the points series tread.

Link to my question on that thread... R-C PRO RACING POINT SERIES 9 races 3 drops.

Hope to hear back soon from someone.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jesse Bean

Oh, I thought they were two different deals. I've got a 7.5!
JBRC Products
Jesse Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
Tech Elite

From what I know about the slash class. Stock is run with the stock motor, 2 s lipo max is allowed, and you can run any tires, but no 1/8 tires. Mod is 1/8 tires, brushless, whatever type cell and turn motor. But no chassis mods. I'm not 100% on this,but from racing last year this is what it appeared to be.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Miskolczi View Post
From what I know about the slash class. Stock is run with the stock motor, 2 s lipo max is allowed, and you can run any tires, but no 1/8 tires. Mod is 1/8 tires, brushless, whatever type cell and turn motor. But no chassis mods. I'm not 100% on this,but from racing last year this is what it appeared to be.
If this is true then it will fall right in line with what Awesome is doing too.

Pretty much bone stock for the chassis, motor, and speedo, but allow any type of SC tires. If that is the case then GREAT. We will just need to get the VA RC Pro 3 race series on the same page.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Ill talk to Dave and see what he can do for the RC Pro Series. It has to be budget friendly, I know that the stock tires on some trucks are good, and others are not. So you can either run it where everyone can use any manufacturers stock tires, or open it up to any SC Style tire.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #42
Tech Master

I would like to keep the Short Course rules as simple as possible. Here is what I have proposed:

SCT Stock 2WD
Body - any 1/10 Short Course Full Fender body
Tires - Street Style Short Course Tires any compound
Motor - 13.5 brushless or any box stock brushed motor
Batteries - 6 Cell NiMh or 2S Lipo

SCT Mod 2WD
Tires - Any Tire. 1/8 buggy included.
Motor - No Limit
Batteries - No Limit

SCT Mod 4WD
Motor - No Limit
Batteries - No Limit
No 1/8 Buggy Conversions - Factory available chassis only
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #43
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa View Post
I would like to keep the Short Course rules as simple as possible. Here is what I have proposed:

SCT Stock 2WD
Tires - Street Style Short Course Tires any compound
Motor - 13.5 brushless or any box stock brushed motor
Batteries - 6 Cell NiMh or 2S Lipo

SCT Mod 2WD
Motor - No Limit
Batteries - No Limit

SCT Mod 4WD
Motor - No Limit
Batteries - No Limit
No 1/8 Buggy Conversions - Factory available chassis only
Good start, but I think some testing would need to be done. I would guess that a 13.5 brushless motor would outrun a box stock SCT motor. Again testing would need to be done, but I think 17.5 would be better. Especially with the new software for the Tekin's, and the Mamba Max Pro.

As for the tires I would love to see the "stock" class stay with the kit tires. This is much less important to me than the motor deal, but I would love to see it stick with the name...."Stock" or "Stock RTR"

Mod class is a little different. I would like to see the 1/8th tires not be legal, as was said before it is not "scale" looking to have those big ass tires on there with the fenders cut off for clearence. Also keeping the chassis as close to stock would be nice too. But I get it...It is mod so you have to pay to play.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dub Racing View Post
Good start, but I think some testing would need to be done. I would guess that a 13.5 brushless motor would outrun a box stock SCT motor. Again testing would need to be done, but I think 17.5 would be better. Especially with the new software for the Tekin's, and the Mamba Max Pro.

As for the tires I would love to see the "stock" class stay with the kit tires. This is much less important to me than the motor deal, but I would love to see it stick with the name...."Stock" or "Stock RTR"

Mod class is a little different. I would like to see the 1/8th tires not be legal, as was said before it is not "scale" looking to have those big ass tires on there with the fenders cut off for clearence. Also keeping the chassis as close to stock would be nice too. But I get it...It is mod so you have to pay to play.
We ran 13.5 brushless in our Stock SCT class with the stock "street style" tires and they were no faster than the stock motor (in the Slash). As soon as people stated using (Goosebumps, Bowties, Calibers) for SCT then the it was all over. I know a lot of people like to run brushless for it's many conviences. We tried 17.5 (before the new software) and it was a little too slow.

Keeping the stock class inexpensive is the goal but it turns out that is the class more people cheat in. In my mind the goal for the stock class is for someone to come off the street and not be blown away by the fastest drivers. To me Stock/Spec should be for beginners or intermediate level drivers and Mod for everyone else.

I believe that keeping the rules as simple as possible makes for a better racing environment. You should be able to add any options to your truck you like to make it competitive. I was once told I cannot race my stock Slash because it had RPM arms and Traxxas Aluminum shocks. Do these parts make me any faster? No. All they do is add to the durablity of the truck.

As for out of the box each truck has it's advantages
Team Associated SC10 > HPI Blitz > Traxxas Slash > Losi Strike

As for the 1/8 buggy tires in mod... we went down the path already and it just makes sense. I know it looks a bit goofy but everyone is doing it. My main concern is to have the body cover the tires. I have seen a few cut bodys that had a very distinct advandtage.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #45
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa View Post
We ran 13.5 brushless in our Stock SCT class with the stock "street style" tires and they were no faster than the stock motor (in the Slash). As soon as people stated using (Goosebumps, Bowties, Calibers) for SCT then the it was all over. I know a lot of people like to run brushless for it's many conviences. We tried 17.5 (before the new software) and it was a little too slow.

Keeping the stock class inexpensive is the goal but it turns out that is the class more people cheat in. In my mind the goal for the stock class is for someone to come off the street and not be blown away by the fastest drivers. To me Stock/Spec should be for beginners or intermediate level drivers and Mod for everyone else.

I believe that keeping the rules as simple as possible makes for a better racing environment. You should be able to add any options to your truck you like to make it competitive. I was once told I cannot race my stock Slash because it had RPM arms and Traxxas Aluminum shocks. Do these parts make me any faster? No. All they do is add to the durablity of the truck.

As for out of the box each truck has it's advantages
Team Associated SC10 > HPI Blitz > Traxxas Slash > Losi Strike

As for the 1/8 buggy tires in mod... we went down the path already and it just makes sense. I know it looks a bit goofy but everyone is doing it. My main concern is to have the body cover the tires. I have seen a few cut bodys that had a very distinct advandtage.
I totally agree with everything you are saying. The scary part is the brushless deal. Coming from the Oval side of the hobby it has created a huge issue over there. With software updates and new speedos it is just crazy. WAY easier to maintain, but WAY more expensive up from cost. But if we could find a motor that is "close" to the same speed then ok if you want to spend the $$$ to keep up with brushless then do it. But the main focus has to be on Budget racing with everyone having a good time. I am not new to this game I have raced for over 10 years, but I don't have the money to throw into a "Mod" truck so the "stock" class is where I will be. Will I be able to drive better than some?? Yes. Will I spend a bunch of money to keep up with the jack hole that takes the stock class way to serious...Nope. But its all good and if it is within the tight rules that we should have in this class we will be good to go.

I really think you are on to something with this and I hope RC Pro, Awesome, and the VA RC Pro series take a look at this and adapt so the racing can race anywhere in VA with the same rules.