R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default The Famous Las Vegas Silver Bowl RC Track

We are proud to announce a new RC Car Club at the Famous Las Vegas Silver bowl race track called Nevada State RC Club. We now have the permission and full support of Las Vegas Parks & Recreataion to hold club races and practice now. We will be Running both Nitro & Electric Classes will be 1/8 scale, 1/10 scale, and GT cars, We also will be open to any other cars as long as we have enough to make up a race. It is our goal to make it fun day of racing, with friends, family, BBQ and whatever else we can create to make your time with us a great one. We will soon have the web site and schedule up of our practice days and race days. love to see the all of you out. For you guys from out of town we welcome you all it was nice to meet you at the Motonica Grand Prix race and look forward to seeing you come down to our races. Our first large race is going to be a Vegas Reunion race with some of the people you have not seen at track in while this is going to be fun. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them on thread or you can email us at [email protected]
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
We are proud to announce a new RC Car Club at the Famous Las Vegas Silver bowl race track called Nevada State RC Club. We now have the permission and full support of Las Vegas Parks & Recreataion to hold club races and practice now. We will be Running both Nitro & Electric Classes will be 1/8 scale, 1/10 scale, and GT cars, We also will be open to any other cars as long as we have enough to make up a race. It is our goal to make it fun day of racing, with friends, family, BBQ and whatever else we can create to make your time with us a great one. We will soon have the web site and schedule up of our practice days and race days. love to see the all of you out. For you guys from out of town we welcome you all it was nice to meet you at the Motonica Grand Prix race and look forward to seeing you come down to our races. Our first large race is going to be a Vegas Reunion race with some of the people you have not seen at track in while this is going to be fun. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them on thread or you can email us at [email protected]

Great news!!!

Robert, could you post your schedule on this thread?

Looks like we'll have to investigate motor home rentals again. This is the best news I've heard in a long time.

How can we help?
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Thumbs up NV State RC.

Hey Robert!
Thanks for all the hard work! its going to be FUN! )___>
Just Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Robert... good for you and the club. I look forward to racing at more events in LV.
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Right on Robert,

As you already been hearing, there's a lot the off road racers ready to give on road a shot, several guys have already got the GT cars and some sedans and looking forward to some fun times at the track, not to mention some old timers waiting to get back into the racing scene.

The IGT is was got me back to on road and it's gonna be a "blast class" for sure.

Zootcapri Bill from Utah, look forward to seeing you guys at some club races, you and I both had car issues this past race main, and we gotta redeem ouselves so stay tuned and we'll bump bumper soon.

Maybe/hopefully when races get going this will grow and you'll have this club races thing like Revalation used to do where out of towners would go all the time, so now they'll have the option to come race here just a few hours away.

Looking good, see you at the track.
mauimaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauimaxx View Post
Right on Robert,

As you already been hearing, there's a lot the off road racers ready to give on road a shot, several guys have already got the GT cars and some sedans and looking forward to some fun times at the track, not to mention some old timers waiting to get back into the racing scene.

The IGT is was got me back to on road and it's gonna be a "blast class" for sure.

Zootcapri Bill from Utah, look forward to seeing you guys at some club races, you and I both had car issues this past race main, and we gotta redeem ouselves so stay tuned and we'll bump bumper soon.

Maybe/hopefully when races get going this will grow and you'll have this club races thing like Revalation used to do where out of towners would go all the time, so now they'll have the option to come race here just a few hours away.

Looking good, see you at the track.
Hey guys,

Would you allow us to run an eIGT (electric) car with your gas IGT class?

Rich
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Hey RICH B let me know if u need a goalie I still got some left
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
Hey RICH B let me know if u need a goalie I still got some left
William! How are you??

Anytime in Vegas - goalies always needed!!!! RC racing and dodge ball - great combo
Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
William! How are you??

Anytime in Vegas - goalies always needed!!!! RC racing and dodge ball - great combo
just seeing how u r doing haven't seen u in some time hope 2 c u soon
Take care
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

yes i think the IGT electric car will be little faster than the nitro car, I am not sure how long they can run on battery time. But that would be great to see them out there.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Congrats on the new club.

Yet another reason to visit Las Vegas!

Best of luck guys!

Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey everyone, I really enjoyed my first visit to the silverbowl. Look forward to many more. Keep us SoCal boys updated on future events there, so we can mark the calanders. The GT cars seem to really work well there after figuring out which rubber tire combo to run. Good luck and "have fun".
sandfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up NV State RC

You know it SoCal boys. Robert will post up coming events, club racing, test n tune days etc. Steve, is your buddy Brandon Penny?, cool guy, I know he'll be all over this on road deal here in Vegas.

Sounds like a big Vegas reunion race will be in the making soon from what I hear, so Robert and the Nevada State RC club will be keeping everyone up to speed as they get things rolling.

Nice!!!

NV State RC "CooL"

Last edited by mauimaxx; 04-29-2009 at 08:41 PM.
mauimaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Steve I had blast running that GT car even bumping & rubbing with the other cars,if any thing make it look cool. It was nice to meet you, I will keep you informed.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:21 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

This was a bit difficult to get done. Robert couldn't do it at all and I had a hard time but I think you should be able to read this schedule. If its too small for you to read when you click on the thumbnail, then when it opens up for you, click on it again and it will get much larger and very easy to read.
Attached Thumbnails
The Famous Las Vegas Silver Bowl RC Track-woofer1-012.jpg