Wiki Posts
Search

Announcement: 2009 ROAR On Road Fuel Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Announcement: 2009 ROAR On Road Fuel Nationals

March 30, 2009

The ROAR President along with the ROAR Executive Committee and The 1/8th Racers of Toledo and The Midwest Racers Organization announces several changes in the nationals schedule for 2009 regarding on road fuel racing. Due to hardships and a struggling economy and considering financial concerns for both host venues and ROAR, we are obliged to combine the fuel events into one venue and choosing a date that best suits travel and vacation scheduling.

The 2009 ROAR On Road Fuel Nationals will now be held at One-Eighth Racers of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio on September 2nd through September 6th. (Labor Day Weekend) This is one week earlier than previously scheduled. Also, this event will also host the Fuel Sedan classes therefore moving the previously scheduled event from Midwest Racers Organization in Lincoln, Nebraska on October 8-11, 2009.

This event, now combined and moved to a week earlier will host 1/8th 4wd Open, 1/8th Masters and 1/10th .12 4wd Touring Car (IFMAR 200mm) in one event. As always, participation in the Open class eliminates participation in the Masters class. The entry flyer will be published within the next few weeks.

Contact information for the Toledo Racers can be found on the ROAR website.

ROAR apologizes for any inconveniences this may cause some racers with their planning. Taking everything into careful consideration, this is the only logical step we can make to insure the best outcome for the on road fuel nationals and our membership
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So Sean is not coming to the Tumbleweed Classic???? Got it.. LOL
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott S.
So Sean is not coming to the Tumbleweed Classic???? Got it.. LOL
Well, not sure.. I won't be... LOL
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Any insight as to why one track was chosen over the other, or did you just flip a coin. Seems like a Midwestern location would provide the most economical travel expenses for all, even though most refer to Ohio as "midwest" it's not really centrally located. Plus, accommodations in Lincoln are probably more affordable as well. Just thought Dawn may be able to explain the committee's choice.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I asked around and got the answer. Sounds like Toledo this year and Lincoln next year. Should be a good compromise considering recent car counts. Hopefully the economy turns around a little this summer so the consolidated race is a success for them.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Heavy B
I asked around and got the answer. Sounds like Toledo this year and Lincoln next year. Should be a good compromise considering recent car counts. Hopefully the economy turns around a little this summer so the consolidated race is a success for them.
I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner... I had actually forgotten I posted this in this forum as well.

Yes, more than likely, Lincoln will have the duo event next year. Just a compromise on everybody's part. Nobody was considered higher or lower. Just something to get it all done and get it announced so the trashing could begin.. LOL