Community
Wiki Posts
Search

********Southern Cali carpet track?? Who wants it???*******

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default The post's

I would like to thank all that have posted so far. This is the kind of feed back we need to make our minds up. WE will be negotiation with the property managment of the complex soon. If we make a deal the track will come.

Best Regards
HOWARD
Old 11-28-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are pancars Welcome?
I can talk with the other Pancar guys and try to build a class.
Maybe two times a month for starter. Then see how it goes.
I would give it a try.
Are you going to compete with SoCal for Saturday Nights?
Old 11-28-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by thirdplace
Are pancars Welcome?
I can talk with the other Pancar guys and try to build a class.
Maybe two times a month for starter. Then see how it goes.
I would give it a try.
Are you going to compete with SoCal for Saturday Nights?
Of course pan cars are a blast on carpet !!!!!! and no we are not trying to compete with anybody
Old 11-28-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by howard hudson
Of course pan cars are a blast on carpet !!!!!!
Yep! Believe me I know.
I will talk to my Pancar Friends
Old 11-28-2003, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Hey, Graphitdust (Lee C.) Carpet + 12 scale = WOW!
LOTS OF FUN
Richard T
Old 11-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

A carpet track? In Southern California? I could actually run my 12th scale cars on carpet, like there susposed to run on? Duh.....you bet I'm in!

Lee Caldwell
So Cal Raceway
New Carpet Track in the 909er
Old 11-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Good morning Thirdplace!!!! Have a good turkeyday?
Old 11-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

I would be there to race. Robert
Old 11-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback!

If we secure the site, the next step is to meet with the city folk and find out all the little details that we need to comply with.

This ofcourse can not be done over night but our goal is to have the doors open early 2004.

How cool would that be, Sedans on capet, 1/12 scale pan cars, maybe so oval action every month, and the list goes on.

Anyway, we will keep everyone up to date on our progress.

Peace...
John G.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anyone considered the cost of keeping something like what you guys are talking about open?Here in the bay area we would be stupid to try an indoor permanent carpet track unless it had either a Full selection hobby store that does well and supports it or did something temporary where we could take it down and store it.Real estate cost way too much here,even more then socal areas. We have 2 carpet tracks here within an 1.5 hour distance and 1 is permanent and 1 in the temp type on a County fairgrounds in an exhibit building.The permanent track has a pretty big store and much more then R/c to support it.They also have an offroad track outside and they are still hurting for buisness.
The other track does well because they only run in the winter when most want to run on carpet,they have a good deal with the fairgrounds in that they only pay for the days they use the building and they are also accesible to racers from alot of different areas.Keeping a carpet track open all year round can be a dual edged sword.Too much of a good thing is still too much.

This is not to discourage you guys,just so you know what you are dealing with if you open a permanent indoor carpet facility.Remember,when the sun come back out and the weather is warm,most will be racing outdoors again.Maybe you can have an outdoor program at the same place too.Anyway,hope you can get it open soon.Nothing like carpet in the winter time!
Old 11-28-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racenut123
Has anyone considered the cost of keeping something like what you guys are talking about open?Here in the bay area we would be stupid to try an indoor permanent carpet track unless it had either a Full selection hobby store that does well and supports it or did something temporary where we could take it down and store it.Real estate cost way too much here,even more then socal areas. We have 2 carpet tracks here within an 1.5 hour distance and 1 is permanent and 1 in the temp type on a County fairgrounds in an exhibit building.The permanent track has a pretty big store and much more then R/c to support it.They also have an offroad track outside and they are still hurting for buisness.
The other track does well because they only run in the winter when most want to run on carpet,they have a good deal with the fairgrounds in that they only pay for the days they use the building and they are also accesible to racers from alot of different areas.Keeping a carpet track open all year round can be a dual edged sword.Too much of a good thing is still too much.

This is not to discourage you guys,just so you know what you are dealing with if you open a permanent indoor carpet facility.Remember,when the sun come back out and the weather is warm,most will be racing outdoors again.Maybe you can have an outdoor program at the same place too.Anyway,hope you can get it open soon.Nothing like carpet in the winter time!
No problem. Have to take the bad with the good. We do plan on having a hobby shop also. possibly an on-line store to. there many ways to make capital to support the track.

Also there is a large parking lot so out doors is not a problem either. The planning of this is still in its infantcy but is growing as time passes by.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Thats cool.I have friends that live in the anaheim area I visit regularly.How far is the track gonna be from there?I am willing to travel 2 hours from there to race.I am always down for some carpet!Good luck guys.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

racenut..i believe with no traffic, from anaheim, it woul be about 45 min. tops.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

if your open to suggestions......... i would highly recomend a 5 to 6 foot gap between the drivers stand and the track.
Old 11-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

I totally agree!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.