Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

from J. Hudy pit table
Attached Thumbnails Reedy Race of Asia 2003 Thailand-reedy03_hudy_pit.jpg  
Old 11-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ya, how come surikarn didn't do so good?

I was expecting him and the tamiya trf415 to win
Old 11-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

yeah.. a lot of people were rooting for Karn & the TRF415 to win...but it did not happen .... why? hmm.... very good question..
it's not easy to pin point the cause.. I am sure every team had their reviews following the race results... perhaps we can ask directly to TRF ??
Karn's speed had been the same from the previous 3 weeks until the race weekend i.e. 23-24 laps with a best time of 12.8-12.45 depending the track conditions. It means that there's no problems at all with his cars (TB Evo3 & TRF415), motors, batteries, body shells, tires etc. etc.
Barry & Craig were much slower during free practices, but as mentioned in the report, they did not show their true performances during those free practices. Everybody was shocked by Barry & Craig's performance as soon as they run their cars for the first time in the crucial weekend (i.e. Saturday's qualifyings).
The TRF415 certainly run well and could challange anyone as it was shown by Kazuo Muramatsu running close to Barry. Satoshi's 415 also run super smooth. Even Toshihiko Hara's TB Evo3 was running great, no problems whatsoever and at some point challanged for 4th position. Mind you, (with all due respect to Toshihiko san) Toshihiko is not the top driver in TRF, he is the engineer who designed the TB Evo3. But Toshihiko's performance with his TB Evo3 in the crucial weekend was really great. It's pity that long time TB Evo test driver & developer, Kiyokazu Suzuki canceled his participation due to work commitments. Otherwise, we could see some great battles from the TB Evo driver.

So, I guess it was just not d 'Champ's' day??
You cannot expect any World Champion to win every race they attend. Especially, in such high level competitions, it's a hard job.
Just look at other World Champions, I cannot recall one that always win every major race that they attended. Sometime, they win, sometime they showed great fights, sometime they just lost. It's all part of the racing ....

Perhaps, we will have better pictures about what happened when the video is available ...
Old 11-23-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Default 2003 Reedy Race of Asia

Hey guys, out of the winners, which Tamiya's were 414's?
Old 11-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Not many racers run 414 these days. There were about 4 414Ms in the lower mains. As mentioned in the report, numbers do not reflect the performance of any cars. Especially in SE Asia, racers would always try any new cars coming into the market. That means one day you'd find 90% of the field running Yokomo's MR-4TC, then another time TC3 was the big hit, then TRF414M, then the X-Rays, then the TB-Evo3, then MRTC-SD etc.etc.
But to answer your question, the highest 414M in this meeting was 9th place in the E-Main. Again, it doesn't reflect the performance of TRF414M chasis. It's just more 'better' drivers running other type of cars.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:36 PM

anyother website doing the race reports?
Old 11-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by jackflash
anyother website doing the race reports?
rczone tq-racing
Old 11-30-2003, 07:11 AM

utieh: thanks for the info... I noticed Team Orion also posted a brief comment.