Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Texas Twister 2009 - N-Control Austin Texas "The Biggest 1 Day RC Race in Texas" >

Texas Twister 2009 - N-Control Austin Texas "The Biggest 1 Day RC Race in Texas"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Texas Twister 2009 - N-Control Austin Texas "The Biggest 1 Day RC Race in Texas"

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Texas Twister 2009 - N-Control Austin Texas "The Biggest 1 Day RC Race in Texas"

Texas Twister 2009 - N-Control Austin Texas
"One of the biggest one day RC off road races in Texas"

Feb 7th is Raceday Sign up online http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...ent.cfm?ID=630 Raffle tickets will be $5 each with no limit on purchases or buy 10 tickets for $40
Class entry fees are $25per...1 raffle ticket included per person signed up.

Visit the most popular thread on the net for the race: http://rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19111

EXP AT 1st-5th

INT AT 1st-3rd

EXP 1/8 Buggy 1st-5th

INT 1/8 Buggy 1st-3rd

Elec 1/8 Buggy 1st-3rd

Pro-Mod Truck 1st-3rd

Nitro Truck 1st - 3rd

2wd Electric Truck 1st-3rd

Slash Spec Class 1st-5th

RC practice Friday with RC Races and BMX practice Saturday then the BMX race Sunday if it does happen.

Hey folks it's been a while. We are getting close to Twister Time for 2009 in the second annual Texas Twister RC Offroad fund raiser....or as it was so deemed last raceday as

"The really big race with lots of classes"

If any of you heard about or participated in the event last year...well you know with out a doubt it's an event worth being a part of. We had 125 race entries in 8 classes and raised over $4000 in total funds from all of the efforts from the race and raffles of which 80% of the procedes were able to be placed into the hands of the beneficiary "Rayli". If you didn't hear me say it last year...I'll say it now once again. Thank you for the 2008 event and the amazing results you the racers and sponsors were able to produce. I can't wait to see the end results of the event and personal efforts from the people who want to be associated with the Twister 09.

Thanks once again to the 2008 Texas Twister Sponsors:

Sponsors 2008

Ace Hobby - Panther Racing - BuKu Power Products - Werks Racing - Traxxas - Looped Designs Paint - AA Masonry
TQ Fuels - Family Heritage Life Insurance - Team Helotes - HobbyTown USA - South Texas Hobbies - Hobby Express

For archive information and reference to the 2008 Twister use the following links:

RCFiles open topics:

http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15533

http://www.rcfiles.com/forums/showth...t=twister+2008

About the pics!

About Food!

RCMonstertruckforums article archive:

http://www.rcmonstertruckforum.com/r...ex.php?page=99

With a few new things that have taken a hold of me this year I have not been able to get on the ball as soon as I wanted to to start things rolling for this years event in 09. I made last years event very personal as the people we were trying to help were close to me and my family. This year cancer is on my mind even more so as I am sure it is on many of your minds as well. I actually lost my mother in June to the beast...and my wifes sister in fact just finished up with her reconstruction surgery at Thanksgiving from breast cancer. Even with cancer striking our families so close and in such a devastating way I am still lead this year to dedicate the 2009 Texas Twister to a family that isn't dealing with the effects of cancer.

I want you to meet Kenzie Ochoa 2 1/2 years old and a next door neighbor to me and my family.

This is a site link that has been put up for the family and Kenzie:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kenzieochoa

You really need to take responsibility to read her story especially if you plan to be a part of this up coming event.

Kenzie Renee Ochoa was born July 1, 2006. She weighed 6lbs. 1oz. and was 18in. long. Kenzie was diagnosed with Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome and Congenital Scoliosis at birth. Kenzie did not fully develop all of her ribs on her right side and her right lung is much smaller than her left one. Her right lung has only one lobe which has caused Kenzie to have Restrictive Lung Disease. Everyone has 12 ribs on each side and Kenzie has them all but only 4 of them wrap all the way around to the sternum on her right side and the rest of them are just floating. Her left side is fully developed. Kenzie also has 2 Hemivertabraes, 1 Butterfly Verterbrae, and a Tethered Spinal Cord. Kenzie had her spinal cord detethered in May 07'. Kenzie had a tracheostomy at 16 days of age and currently still has a trach. She also had a g-tube placement when she was 3 months old and still has the g-tube. Kenzie was placed on a ventilator when she was 1 hour old and has been on the ventilator since. Kenzie had a Titanium Rib surgery on the right side September 19th, 2007 in San Antonio, Texas with Dr. Campbell. Kenzie will have Vertical Expandable Prosthetic Titanium Ribs placed on both her right and her left side to help stabilize her spine and to give her lungs room to grow. Kenzie had her second Titanium Rib Surgery on Feb. 20th, 2008 with Dr. Campbell in San Antonio, Tx. Kenzie will have to have outpatient surgeries to expand the ribs as she grows every 4-6 months until she turns 12 -13 years of age or reaches bone growth maturity, which ever comes first. Without the Titanium Ribs Kenzie would not be given the fair chance at Life that she deserves. Although Kenzie has all of this going on she is a very Happy baby, she's always smiling, and is as CuTe as a button. Kenzie is a true Miracle!!

The purpose of the Texas Twister this year will be to aid in the relief of traveling expenses that the family has to endure everytime Kenzie has to have surgery. These expenses are completely up to the family themselves and have been hard to raise in the past. They have tried numerous way to help raise funds mostly through the mean of bake sales etc... They calculated once with me that it took them about $1500.00 just to break even each time they take a trip as they have to be gone for at least a week each time. Of course this doesn't account for the missed income with Paul aka "Dad" not going to work in this time period. But we are going to make a difference with this event as I am shooting for the Twister this year to be able to put some piece of mind in this families heart for the next 2 years as far as travel expenses are concerned. She is averaging 2 trips a year right now so that's about $6000.00 roughly speaking that I'm going to shoot for.

This is Kenzie the last time this 2 year old was in the Hospital...

The 2009 event is coming now! The sponsors called us this year and here is a list of the commited sponsor list for the 2009 Texas Twister.

Sponsors 2009 Texas Twister:
Tower Hobbies - Looped Designs Paint - BUKU Power Products - CEN Racing - Round Rock Hobbies - Majestic Bodies - Hooked Up Tires - Nitro Juice - Werks Racing - The Hobby Express - ProMoFo Videos - DRIVE The Band - RC Wheels and Props Lubbock - KustomRCGraphics.com - jconcepts - MAGICGRAPHIX - SMC Batteries - Ace Hobby - Thunder Tiger - Twister Tires - Blue Groove RC Concepts - RADICAL LIDZ - Bob Carr Jewlers - RCAmerica - TQ Fuels/Racing
Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

This was a massive success in too many ways to describe.

172 entries for a 1 day race

$7000 in funds raised for the cause

$500 motors given away to racers

$1100 LCD tv's given away to racers

Huge hearts showed up in Texas for the right reasons to race and made a difference in 2009!

Sponsors have already called and confirmed participation for the "Biggest 1 day RC event in Texas for 2010"

www.texastwisterevents.com