Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Alley RC Raceway Club Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thunder Alley RC Raceway Club Racing

Hey Guys, I know Thunder Alley already has there nats thread, but considering the nats are over, I thought it appropriate to start a new thread dedicated to club racing and any all events that partake at Thunder Alley in Beaumont, Ca. I am doing this because club racing has been somewhat non-existent at TA for sometime now, and rather than me going to a different track, I would like to try and get more racers from around California, and neighboring states to come visit and race. Here is a link to there website http://www.thunderalleyrcraceway.com/ . Here is a video of drake running on the current layout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiIQprEu7Fc . The track is great as well as the atmosphere that is present there on a daily basis. If you are curious about this track come on out and race.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
Hey Guys, I know Thunder Alley already has there nats thread, but considering the nats are over, I thought it appropriate to start a new thread dedicated to club racing and any all events that partake at Thunder Alley in Beaumont, Ca. I am doing this because club racing has been somewhat non-existent at TA for sometime now, and rather than me going to a different track, I would like to try and get more racers from around California, and neighboring states to come visit and race. Here is a link to there website http://www.thunderalleyrcraceway.com/ . Here is a video of drake running on the current layout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiIQprEu7Fc . The track is great as well as the atmosphere that is present there on a daily basis. If you are curious about this track come on out and race.
Great idea xpertpredator.

I think its a great idea to get racing going again at T/A. I know it has been some time. Its just the nature of the hobby i guess. People will go where people go, to race. I am always willing to hit up T/A for a club race! It's one of, if not the best, tracks around.

Once people know that racing will be happening, im sure it will get good turnouts again. This is a good start!

So Cal has many choices of tracks to hit up. I like to go to all of them. Keeps ya on your toes, ya know?

Keep this thread alive!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by itsshemp
Great idea xpertpredator.

I think its a great idea to get racing going again at T/A. I know it has been some time. Its just the nature of the hobby i guess. People will go where people go, to race. I am always willing to hit up T/A for a club race! It's one of, if not the best, tracks around.

Once people know that racing will be happening, im sure it will get good turnouts again. This is a good start!

So Cal has many choices of tracks to hit up. I like to go to all of them. Keeps ya on your toes, ya know?

Keep this thread alive!!
Yah I do know what you mean Danny, as fun it is to go to different tracks, I must remain loyal to Rick and Rob, as they have done so much for me to keep me in this hobby, and to get me where I am today. I will do my best to keep this thread alive, but it is rather up to the other members of rc tech.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah Rick & Rob are a couple of great guys for sure! They have helped out many in the hobby.

I do still go up there to practice from time to time. I dont practice near as much as I used to. I may get in 1 night a week these days. Where before I was at T/A 3-4 days a week, and Hemet 2 days.

Im in, if we can get some others to pick a weekend, we can hit up T/A for some good racing action. I know I can round up a group to go.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by itsshemp
Yeah Rick & Rob are a couple of great guys for sure! They have helped out many in the hobby.

I do still go up there to practice from time to time. I dont practice near as much as I used to. I may get in 1 night a week these days. Where before I was at T/A 3-4 days a week, and Hemet 2 days.

Im in, if we can get some others to pick a weekend, we can hit up T/A for some good racing action. I know I can round up a group to go.
For sure Danny, I know some people that I can try to get to go, but we need more. I don't know how this weekend will be if it rains, as you know Thunder Alley floods easily.

Oh, I forgot to mention above that TA also races electric 1/10th scale, slashes, and 1/8th scale electric so if anyone in the area is looking to race with a great group of guys, then TA is the ticket. If anyone is planning on coming to the track to try it out or to race please feel free to post here, as I and I am sure others are more than willing to help anyone with there setup, and tuning. So please Come to Thunder Alley.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I would love to come down and try the track out during one of the practice days, since I live in Redlands, it's a lot closer to me then Pegasus is.

How is the track with Electric 1/8 buggys?

What are the tires of choice out there?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JGruber
I would love to come down and try the track out during one of the practice days, since I live in Redlands, it's a lot closer to me then Pegasus is.

How is the track with Electric 1/8 buggys?

What are the tires of choice out there?
Awesome man, TA is a fantastic track. The electric 1/8th scale buggies are hit and miss. We typically get a group that comes down and race them. As for tires the bowfighter setup works well for 1/8th scale buggy, as for 1/10th scale holeshots work fantastic. I run the HB blocks up front, and khaos in the rear on my D8 and it works phenomenal. Come on down and we will give you a hand. What car are you running?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm running a Novak FT RC8e... basically HV Pro 6.5 (Have a 5.5), Novak conversion kit.

I'm currently running the AKA Grid Iron soft compound tires.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

I'm running a Novak FT RC8e... basically HV Pro 6.5 (Have a 5.5), Novak conversion kit.

I'm currently running the AKA Grid Iron soft compound tires.
Those will work great at TA. Come on down for some practice and if you want to race and there isn't enough 1/8th scale electrics we will throw you in with the nitros. This is why I started this thread as I simply want to bring new faces to TA, in order to expand the RC community there and to meet new people.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

How large is the track in comparison to Pegasus? Might need to adjust my gearing... currently on a 13/44
Old 01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

TA is huge in comparison to pegasus. The straightway is not long right now with the current layout so just gear your car so it has more top but do not sacrifice the bottom as you will need it.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

TA is huge in comparison to pegasus. The straightway is not long right now with the current layout so just gear your car so it has more top but do not sacrifice the bottom as you will need it.
Looks like I'll have to buy a few more pinions, I'm thinking a 15t will work well.
I'll check out the site and see what the schedules are.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Looks like I'll have to buy a few more pinions, I'm thinking a 15t will work well.
I'll check out the site and see what the schedules are.
sweet man, can't wait to see you out there. I go there every saturday. My name is Garrett, I am the guy with the Hot Bodies D8.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

sweet man, can't wait to see you out there. I go there every saturday. My name is Garrett, I am the guy with the Hot Bodies D8.
I'll try and head out there for a few practices here soon. Maybe Sunday or Tuesday.

To add to my questions...

How long are the qualifiers, and mains for Nitro and/or Electric buggy's?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

I'll try and head out there for a few practices here soon. Maybe Sunday or Tuesday.

To add to my questions...

How long are the qualifiers, and mains for Nitro and/or Electric buggy's?

Depending on the amount of people. Qualifiers are typically 7-10 minutes. Nitro mains can range from 20-45 min and electric mains are about 15-20 min.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.