Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor race in Gatlinburg, TN

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Indoor race in Gatlinburg, TN

Has anyone ever thought about trying to organize an indoor race in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, TN? I think it would be a great location and there is plenty of stuff for the wife and kids to do also. I think there would be a large crowd and a great way to incorporate a vacation into a racing trip.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gatlinburg

I was in that area acouple weeks ago, and all I looked for was some way to race... LOL I heard after it was tooo late, that a track exists somewhere nearby in Seviersville(sp?) ? I wasn't able to confirm this, but hopefully someone on here can...

J
Old 11-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default racing near Gatlinburg

In Alcoa Tn is the S mokey mountain raceway(84' x 52' indoor carpet track with classes for touring and 1/12) power, pit tables, food are all provided. It just so happens that we will be hosting the 2004 Norcca National Indoor Championship the second weekend in March. Your right about being able to tie this race in with a family vacation. Alcoa is located about 35 minutes away from pigion ford/Gatlinburg. The track is 2 minutes from the airport.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

That is nice to know. I will try and make it up for that race in March. Alcoa is a very nice area, I have a good friend that lives up their.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just click the East Tennessee R/C Ca Racing in my signature and it will tell you all about it. Go to the message board for the latest.