DX3 or DX3R ???? help pls

Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default DX3 or DX3R ???? help pls

I am completely undecided as to which way to go

Just the DX3 route.. I have a 1 month old one I can purchase for 95 bucks

OR

get a DX3R new through a friend for 265 shipped..

I am new to racing, I have a NT1. The track I will be racing on is 200x95 feet.

please.. any insight would be great. I'm not sure if I should save my money for other things or if the DX3R is a must have.

also I will not need any more than 4 memory in the foreseeable future..

Thank You!

Jon
Old 10-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jman37
I am completely undecided as to which way to go

Just the DX3 route.. I have a 1 month old one I can purchase for 95 bucks

OR

get a DX3R new through a friend for 265 shipped..

I am new to racing, I have a NT1. The track I will be racing on is 200x95 feet.

please.. any insight would be great. I'm not sure if I should save my money for other things or if the DX3R is a must have.

also I will not need any more than 4 memory in the foreseeable future..

Thank You!

Jon
Hi Jon

I Own Both Radios & In My Opinion The DX3R Is The Way To Go. The DX3 Was The First Generation Of Spektrum DSM Radio's. When Spektrum Developed DSM Technology There Where Still Some Flaws In The System Mostly Due To Glitching (Signal Interference Between The Tranmitter & Receiver) These Glitching Problems Caused Many A Car To Take Off & Crash, Causing A Lot Of Damage To Your Vehicle & Even Worst Blown Motors, Which Added Up To Expensive Repairs.I Can Tell You This Because I Suffered Some Of These Repairs For Example: Broken Suspension Parts, Upper Decks, Bent Chassis, & Stressed Engine Connecting Rods Just To Name A Few.The Prices Of These Parts Totaled Around $200.00. Having Spent This Kind Of $$$ Made Me Seriously Think About Investing In A New Radio. Since Spektrum Was The Developer Of DSM Technology The Time Had Come For Them To ReVamp There Old DSM System. With The Birth Of The DX3R Came A New Generation Of DSM Technology DSM 2 Unlike The First Generation, ( Now Known As DSM 1) DSM 2 Offered A Virtual Bullet Proof Bond & Lightning Fast Response Time Between The Transmitter & Receiver Eliminating Radio Interference & Making The Driver Feel Even More Connected To His Vehicle.The Responsivness & Speed Of The DX3R Are Truley Amazing. ( If You Want More Info, Go To WWW.SpektrumRC.Com ) Now That I Own A DX3R It Would Take A Lot To Impress Me Before I Give It Up. So To Sum Up Your Decision You Can Look At It In 2 Ways. Do I Want To Spend $95.00 On The DX3 & The Rest Of My $$$$ On Fixing My Car & Being Frustrated Or Do I Want To Spend The $265.00 For The DX3R, Go Out Racing, Have Fun & Not Worry About Radio Problems Or COSTLY Repairs Due To Radio Problems & Believe Me The NT1 Will Cost YOU A BUNDLE TO REPAIR Especially When This Could Be Avoided.

Paul

Last edited by Paul Sweeney; 10-30-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HAd em all. Airtronics,Futaba,DX3, DX3R highly reccomended!!