Search

OCRC/Gyro Hobbies Platinum Battle Nov 29th

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Competition
sorry your wrong lipo puts out more volts then a 6 cell
ya im not wrong a 6 cell does put out more volts about 8.8 almost 9 off the charger and runs about 8.5 and drops slightly during the race and a lipo puts out about 8.4 off the charger then drops to a consistent 7.8 during the race. and then it says a 7 cell and ya that just puts out way more
Old 10-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by killer89
Actually, if you look at some discharge tests people have done, a good NiMH will still have a higher AV discharge curve in most cases.
thank u
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killer89
Actually, if you look at some discharge tests people have done, a good NiMH will still have a higher AV discharge curve in most cases.
absolutely correct A good 6 cell will come off a top charge of around 9.1 to 9.2v while the Lipo will come off at no more than 8.4...every single time For the slash, since it is a low drain motor that's in there...the extra volts really provides the juice to get those motors going faster (even if the truck weighs more) Lipo is just convenient (no discharger to lug around, and you're good with 1-2 pack the whole day)

Steve
Old 10-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

so wrong but whatever
Old 10-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

No its not, cells provide more punch initially but drain a lot faster. The discharge rate of a lipo is very linear which gives you the same feeling throughout the race. With cells your best punch comes within the 1st 2 minutes or so.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that Lipos WILL BE ALLOWED IN SLASH. The rest of the rules will remain the same. I was told there were a couple of conflicts on the slash rules and I apologize. I wrote up a couple of new things not realizing that they conflicted with what we had up there, my bad.

Pit Dad- SS classes will be run using 13.5 motors. 10.5 is the Roar rule through the year, but OCRC has been running 13.5 in Superstock since we opened so we want to stay consistent.

The flyer is almost done and we'll really start pushing this race in the next week or so. It's going to be an awesome time with some serious prizes at stake. Hope to see you all there.

If you would like to sign up early you can visit OCRC raceway to fill out an entry form; you can call in an entry at OCRC, or you can send me a PM and I'll get you in.

Until next time...

Ocrcraceway.com
714-892-6699
Old 10-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Fez for the reply, we have invested in 10.5's. The only classes that offer the grand prize (Platinum membership and lunch with Fez) are the SuperStock classes. Right ?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

1 or 2 laps is all that intial peak lasts on cells then take battery back to ur charger hook it up and it will be at or below 8 volts two cars exact same weight put lipo in one cells in other lipo accelerates faster has more top speed and runs longer cause theres more then just voltage that plays into it but belive what u want
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is gonna be a way fun race...

Stakes are high!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Thanks Fez for the reply, we have invested in 10.5's. The only classes that offer the grand prize (Platinum membership and lunch with Fez) are the SuperStock classes. Right ?
You are correct Phil!!!!

SS classes are the ones
Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robertbl
You are correct Phil!!!!

SS classes are the ones
Hey RB, Can you run all three classes of SS or is it going to be limited to 1?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Josh- You can run as many classes as you would like. The more classes you enter, the better your odds of grabbing a win.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks Fez.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Is it 11/29

Damn we can't wait.
Is it 11/29 yet.
Count me and Cooper in.
SS truck and fo course SLASH for me.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

I wanted to bump this to the top with some pertinent information.

Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.

-CLASSES

Stock Buggy
Stock Truck
(Stock is 17.5 BL or 27t brushed)

Super Stock Buggy, Truck, 4wd
(Super Stock is 13.5 BL or 19t brushed)

Mod Buggy, Truck, 4wd
(Any Motor/Battery Combo)

Traxxas Slash Class
(Rules are at ocrcraceway.com)

Lipo Batteries will be allowed in ALL classes. I'm not sure if the Slash rules have been updated on the website but rest assured that Lipos will be allowed in that class.

-PLATINUM REWARDS
Platinum Memberships and Gyrohobbies.com discounts will be awarded to the winners of all 3 super stock classes and the Slash class only. (4 Memberships in total)
*If the same driver wins multiple classes the Membership will go to the 2nd place finisher*

-ENTRIES
The flyer should be done by the end of the week and available at OCRC. We will try to get it on the web and I'll be passing it around to local hobby shops. It is important to get those entries in ASAP because they are going faster than the Surf City Classic. Entries are limited to 150.

*Unfortunately I cannot take anymore sign ups online so all entries must be received with payment by mail (once the flyer is released) or you can sign up at the track*

-LAYOUT
We have an exciting new layout in the works for the race that will go in 2 weeks prior to the event. It will have excellent flow with the perfect amount of technical sprinkled in and is guaranteed to be completely different from any layout we've ever had.

-GIVEAWAYS
Gyro Hobbies will be donating some exciting prizes to be given away throughout the event so even if your racing luck is a little rough you'll still have a shot at some cool stuff.

-FRIDAY/SUNDAY RACING
We will be running our standard club race program on both Friday the 28th and Sunday the 30th so everyone has the opportunity to get a 3 day r/c adrenaline fix if they so choose.

This is going to be another fun and exciting event at OCRC and I'm as excited to "race direct it" as many of you are to race it. I can't wait for another awesome edition of Saturday Night Thunder and I hope to see you all here.

Jeremy

Last edited by Jeremy Felles; 10-21-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.