Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Powerline Race Club at Floyd Bennett Field >

Powerline Race Club at Floyd Bennett Field

Powerline Race Club at Floyd Bennett Field

Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default Powerline Race Club at Floyd Bennett Field

We are happy to announce our club has obtained a permit to run r/c cars at floyd bennett field in brooklyn new york . we have 3 dates left for this year and will start running a test / race on sept. 28th . we will be running 1/8th onroad ,1/10th nitro touring , and inferno gt class . personal transponders needed to run . we have cleaned up the area around the track and pleased the parks dept. that the permit was finally granted . we have many plans to make the track like 301 raceway but we have to take it slow with the parks dept. .
We have lost about 3 years of good racing here locally and need everyones help along with myself to give us a great track to call home . we will be in touch with rick and greg to try to make this dream come true .

Richie
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I am very happy to hear this! NY has too much interest and talent not to have our own nitro facility I applaud those involved to get this done. Know I have to go clean up my nitro car
Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

I'm really glad that you guys got FB back! I was up there two weeks ago, looked at the track and was wondering if you guys still raced? Now, get back out there and put some laps down!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Very glad to hear!!.......... Keep this thread in mind to inform people of further progress. This is a HUGE information highway and very benefictial to veteran and rookie drivers.

Complete schedule, some pics and directions to the track are a good start.

Good Luck and Happy Racing!!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Shit Shit I sold all my nitro cars. Oh Yeah I still have one left. Time to crank up the motors. Time to break out the Xray NT1 and see how she runs Glad to see the track is back @ FBF go powerline
Old 09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice job Rich!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Glad to hear that nitro racing is back! If you need any help Richie you know the Lambre' Bros. will give a hand! See you guys soon.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I want to say great job to all involved to get this up and running again. I cant wait.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default racing

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD COMMENTS . ALOT OF GUYS LIKE JUNIOR RILEY DEXTER, AND MANY MORE HAVE PUSHED ME TO NOT GIVE UP . I TRIED HARD WITH PARKS AND GOT THE PERMIT BUT A LONG ROAD TO MAKING IT LIKE 301 .
WE MUST FIRST CONVINCE PARKS THAT WE CAN MONITOR THE DAYS WE ARE NOT THERE TO KEEP THE PLACE CLEAN AND WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS . MY PLANS FOR 2009 IF POSSIBLE:

1) I PLAN TO GIVE UP RACING AND RUN THE COMPUTER WITH SOME GOOD ANNOUNCING ( I HOPE) .

2) IF THE OTHER CLUB WILL GIVE UP THEIR DAYS I WILL RUN THE RACES ALMOST EVERY SUNDAY NEXT YEAR EXCEPT FOR 2 OR 3 AWAY RACES .

3) SPEAK TO AN ARCHITECT AND GET PLANS FOR DRIVERS STAND .

4) PRESENT THE PLANS TO PARKS

5) 10.00 OR 15.00 ENTRY FEE WHICH IN TURN EACH RACER WILL RECEIVE A RAFFLE TICKET . IF THE CLUB TAKES IN 600.00 THAT WEEKEND 200.00 WILL GO TOWARDS PAYING BILLS AND 400.00 WILL GO BACK IN PRIZES WON WITH THE RAFFLE TICKET . PRIZES MAY INCLUDE TIRES , FUEL , RADIO , ENGINE , ETC. THESE ITEMS WILL BOUGHT FROM A DIFFERENT LOCAL HOBBY SHOP EACH WEEK OR 2 WEEKS .WE WILL INVOLVE ALL SHOPS THAT SPONSOR RACES AT FLOYD MEANING MAYBE 1 TROPHY RACE A SEASON . THIS WILL ALLOW NOT ONLY PRIZES BACK BUT MAYBE 1 TROPHY RACE PER MONTH OR SO .

6) WE WILL CHECK INTO RC SCORING PRO AND GET THE COMPUTER ONLINE WITH LIVE RC . IF FUNDS ALLOW .

7) I WAS TOLD FROM SOMEONE AT 301 THAT THEY SETUP THE CAMERAS FOR 301 TO BROADCAST THEIR VIDEO ON THEIR WEBSITE . HE HAS SAID HE WOULD HELP US SET THAT UP.

8) INTERIOR BOARDS I BELIEVE 4X4S LIKE 301 WILL DO . I WILL ASK THE PARKS IF WE CAN REPAINT . IF SO I THINK THE 301 BLUE LOOKS NICE .

9) DRIVERS STAND WILL HAVE AREA TO WORK ON CARS IN FRONT AND STAGING AREA IN THE BACK OF STAND .

10) EXTRA MONITORS IN PIT AND STAGING

11) PA SYSTEM CANNOT TO LOUD . WE WILL NEED TO WIRE MANY SMALLER SPEAKERS AROUND RATHER THEN 1 LOUD ONE .

12) PARKS DOESNT WANT FUEL FROM CARS DUMPED IN THE GRASS OR ANYWHERE . WE WILL HAVE A 5 GALLON BUCKET YOU CAN DUMP YOU FUEL IF NEEDED .

13) WE ALMOST LOST FLOYD FOR GOOD , THE FUTURE IS EVERYBODY HANDS . YOU SEE SOMETHING WRONG TRY TO INFORM THE PERSON THIS COULD GET US KICKED OUT . THE RANGERS WILL ENFORCE IF NEEDED REMOVAL OF SOMEONE NOT FOLLOWING THEIR RULES .

14) EVERYONE KNOW ABOUT WHAT CAN GET US THROWN OUT BUT I WILL POST AGAIN . I WAS EVEN TOLD THAT AT THE REGIONALS A SELECT FEW WERE SEEN DOING SOMETHING THEY WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO AT A FAMILY ORIENTED PLACE AND THATS WHY WE CANNOT GO BACK THEIR AGAIN AND RUN .

HOPEFULLY THE TRACK WILL ENDURE ANOTHER WINTER AND WE CAN SEE THIS HAPPEN FOR 2009 .

RACERS HAVE STEPPED UP THEIR GAME , SOME ARE RACING ELECTRIC THIS WINTER AND COMING BACK EVEN FASTER NEXT YEAR ( RENATO) LOL. DONT GET RUSTY SUPPORT 360 RACEWAY THIS WINTER AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET NATIONAL ELECTRIC CHAMP DONNY LIA AND MIKE HAYNES TO COME RACE NITRO AND THAT WOULD HEAT UP THE 2009 SEASON !

WE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO RUN ELECTRIC TOURING AT FLOYD BUT WE HAVE TO SEE HOW THE SCHEDULE GOES . DO YOU THINK THE ELECTRIC TOURING WITH BRUSHLESS CAN RUN WELL THERE ?

ALOT MORE TO SAY BUT GOT TO GET BACK TO WORK .

Richie
Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Congrats to all the racers back home.

Get "The Floyd" hooked up good for next year, I'd like to go home for a GT racing weekend
Old 09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Plan sounds really good!! The only thing I would like to add to that is if the parks department allows us to repaint a layout change would be great.

Gael
Old 09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default painted layout

yes i agree about the painting , but alot of things to consider , if you want to paint different design you might have to seal the track again and start all over because there will be no traction where the present boards are . also we would have to remove the paint with power washer or paint over then reseal . we would have to propose to the parks and see what is allowed for all improvements .
Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Richie you have a pm
Old 09-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Lord

Rich will you be allowing 1/5 scale to run?

And if you need any administrative help let me know.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:33 AM
kmh
Tech Addict

Default FB racing

Good to hear that Floyd Bennet is going to survive. I know alot of the guys down hear at 301 would give their support to the facility. Keep up the good work Richie, We know its not easy.
KEN

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.