R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 09-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Bumps and Jumps 08, 09 season

Season opener Oct.11th which will be the 3rd leg of the region 2 electric series. Track to be run dry this year which should mean no more slicks, BK Bars, Tapers etc. Hope to everyone there.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #2

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

how is doin that w/the oval guys.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Same as we did it on the treaded tire race days last year.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am excited to run non slicks this year. One of the things I am considering is a spec tire. To me the downside to a non slick tire is most 2wd will be on bk bars and they will wear out, what is everyone's opinion on running a dirt hawg? Should last all season, I know they look funny but they drive like outdoor
chris mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:30 AM   #5
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I would just like to see any tire other than a slick be legal. This way I can use whatever I have left in my pit box from the summer season til I find out what the best tire is. After people run a few weeks everyone will end up on the same tires anyways.

For tire wear only Robert blew thru BK Bars. I used 2 pair for all of the treaded tire races you had. The first set lasted 4 plus races and still had tread but I bought a new set for the last big treaded tire race you had just to be safe as I didn't want my other tires to get to be a slick.

Indoor tracks normally after a week or two everyone settles in on the same 1 or two type or tires so it will eventually be like running a spec tire anyways. More than likely it will be BK Bars, or the JC Concepts tire that is similiar or the new PRoline Tire that is similiar to a BK Bar when they come out. Fronts will be one or two but more than likely Taper pins and thats about it or maybe a low profile rib tire.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #6

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just sold my b4 2nite doh!

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will miss the no tire wear.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:29 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

Last edited by Losiracer12; 10-04-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Losiracer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I would like to go to bumps and jumps again if they are not running 1/8th scale at the same time.

Bk bars is where it's at, I ran those at the treaded tire race and couldn't imagine running a dirt hawg as a tire. All tires feel different to different people. I didn't think the tire wear was excessive but thats what comes with the traction your guys have there. At our track (LIR) tire wear is very low and we wear out foams more so.

I think you should leave tire options open or possibly make your spec tire a bk bar cause excitement, LIR and they also work well at RCHR. It's all about keepin' it common.

Apart from outdoor tracks it seems to be the best tire. You also have those new barcodes too.

Last edited by Jason Pelletier; 09-23-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #10
Tech Addict

i don't mind a spec tire.. but not a dirt hawg!! lol we all ran BK's anyway, or let people use what they want, either way is cool, just not dirt hawgs! looking forward to Bumps again, see ya on the 11th!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #11
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

RB FIVE not sure how many 1/8th they will get this year as the new layout is kinda tight (at least what is setup now it is tight) so I can't imagine it would be fun to run a 1/8th buggy or truggy.

The track is better suited for 1/10th electric, 1/10th nitro, and the mini
1/18th scales will fit the best.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I came out for a race last year and would love to come back again if you guys are going to be running treaded tires. I have no interest in purchasing a set of spec tires that I will only run once at your track. I have more BK bars than I know what to do with, so that would be the tire I would come to run on.

If you guys decide to run treaded this year without a restriction on the tire type, I'll be there more than once this winter.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
I came out for a race last year and would love to come back again if you guys are going to be running treaded tires. I have no interest in purchasing a set of spec tires that I will only run once at your track. I have more BK bars than I know what to do with, so that would be the tire I would come to run on.

If you guys decide to run treaded this year without a restriction on the tire type, I'll be there more than once this winter.

Plus get rid of the cornertop...... Lolz.. but keep the prime rib samichezz
Old 09-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #14
Tech Regular

rbfive....let me know when yall are going so i could rally the 1/8 TROOPS!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2008 - 2009 season update

As many of you know I have made some changes this year.
I changed the run line of the oval track making it have wider lanes. This has done 2 things, first is that it will make the lanes narrower this year for offroad. This could be perceived as a good thing because we now have 6 lanes to work for the layout. With that said 4 of the lanes now occupy the oval and thus there are only 2 lanes in the center for jumps, there will be carpet jumps to make up the difference and keep the track challenging as usual. I tried quite a few things this summer even mixing dirt into the clay, which was not successful as the clay content comes to the surface. The one thing I am going to change this year is the elimination of the slick, for now I am going to leave it open instead of specifying a specific tire however if I see a problem with tires being to close to bald I will have to make a tire mandatory. I have made this decision based on the feedback I have received from most racers that want a car that drives similar to outdoor racing conditions and the second is as the grip decreases, breakage also reduces.

These are the classes I am planning on running this winter season: Traxxas Slash, 1/18th Scale, 2wd Mod, Gas Truck, 1/8 Scale Buggy, Novice, occasional 4wd Mod, truggy & monster trucks will be combined

I expect to see a good crowd for the Traxxas Slash class as we have sold some and have received quite a bit of pre season interest.

Our race season will begin on October 11th with all classes being run, we will then take a week off and continue with our season on October 26th

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you all for your support Chris
chris mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote