Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Region 2 at the Coliseum November 15, 2008 V2

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Hey Kevin.. Just waiting for NOVAF1RACER to find out who you are... you' ll see!!
Not sure I follow your statement? please let me know what information you need to know.

I know there are 3 people running for regional director and I would like to get their thoughts on what they are looking to do to help Promote ROAR for the On and Off Road Racers?

TTYL

Kevin
Old 10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As a newb myself to RC, I can think that one of the most important things ROAR could do is try to try to get new racers - leading to helping out the hobby. Working with the hobby shops, getting the word out to the communities around the tracks, talking to new drivers at events rather than hanging out with the "long-timers". There should be more to ROAR than trying to organize a few big races for those who can afford to travel to them.

Other than "you gotta be a ROAR member to race here at this race" there has to be some immediate benefits to new drivers who say "yeah, I'd like to be a member!".

I joined ROAR for myself and my son to race at this Coliseum race and a few more ROAR "sanctioned" events next year. But I even had to help out by putting this Coliseum event up on the ROAR regional calendar myself - nobody had done it yet. To attract members to ROAR races, I think it has to come down to more than just a thread in a forum.

At this point, my view is ROAR is "Racing Organization for Avid Racers". Do your best to get the word out there and make ROAR accessible to everyone including the new and part-time racers.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmcvicker
As a newb myself to RC, I can think that one of the most important things ROAR could do is try to try to get new racers - leading to helping out the hobby. Working with the hobby shops, getting the word out to the communities around the tracks, talking to new drivers at events rather than hanging out with the "long-timers". There should be more to ROAR than trying to organize a few big races for those who can afford to travel to them.

Other than "you gotta be a ROAR member to race here at this race" there has to be some immediate benefits to new drivers who say "yeah, I'd like to be a member!".

I joined ROAR for myself and my son to race at this Coliseum race and a few more ROAR "sanctioned" events next year. But I even had to help out by putting this Coliseum event up on the ROAR regional calendar myself - nobody had done it yet. To attract members to ROAR races, I think it has to come down to more than just a thread in a forum.

At this point, my view is ROAR is "Racing Organization for Avid Racers". Do your best to get the word out there and make ROAR accessible to everyone including the new and part-time racers.

That is some very good points on what ROAR can do to promote the hobby and all the race tracks in the area. There is a race called Motorama in Feb which is an Off Road but there is also a NOPI style show at the event. The R/C part of the event is an 1/8 the Buggy and Truggy Off Road Race. For this event I would like to get some video from the tracks in region 2 to put out there at the race as well as a contact sheet of all the tracks in the area.

I did talk to Casey and I was going to put the Regional Race on the ROAR site this past weekend but you beat me to it. Because I am the Regional Director I get pulled in many different directions. This past weekend we had a 2 day Nitro Off Road Regional so I was focused on making that race go smooth and we had a great event. I also have a report that I need to complete so that we can get some press on the ROAR web site. This does not include the 60hrs a work week and my family which are important to me.

I will always take comments from you the racers on what we can do to promote a hobby we all enjoy. If there was two directors for Region 2 ( 1 on road and 1 off road ) I think we would could get the word out and promote ROAR the Tracks and the hobby shops in your area. Not all tracks have a Hobby shops that work with them so once a kit is sold it hard for the novice racer to find a local track to go race at. AE and Losi have track locaters on their website so that does help a little. I think something would need to be done to bridge the above communication gap.

My email address is [email protected] and my number is 215-692-3076. All this info is on the ROAR website as well.

Your points are valid and if there is some way to work together on promoting the tracks in your area and the rest of the region let me know.

Thank
Kevin Boyle
Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Old 10-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Some exciting things are taking place at the "C" this winter!!! We are announcing an 8 week point series starting November 22nd (the week after the region 2 race). This series will be for awards only (no gift cards or cash this time). We will have a weekly points race on 11/22, 11/29, 12/06, 12/13, 12/20, 1/03/2009, 1/10/2009, and 1/17/2009. We're taking a week off for the holidays and those of you who want to visit family or entertain your loved ones. There will be two throw outs in the series so make as many as you can.

The Sedan Challenge date for this year is still up in the air but what I've talked to Richard about is making it early in the spring sometime in late March. I will keep you all posted about the final date.

The HOT news is......as you all know we are hosting the ROAR Nationals and to kick off the party we want announce the "National Warm Up Series Race" (NWUSR). This will be an opportunity for local and out of town racers to familiarize themselves with our very unique facility. The NWUSR will be a total of five races with one throw out over a five month period starting the first weekend in May. The series will continue to run every first Saturday until the ROAR Nationals in October. Again plaques only no monetary prizes but guaranteed fun and good competition.

Hope to see you all soon,
Casey
Old 10-18-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow... Sounds like the C will be a hoping place in 2009....
Old 10-20-2008, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Very !
Old 10-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mojoman
This is the updated thread for the ROAR Region 2 race with a new date of November 15, 2008.
Classes include:
Stock Touring
Super Stock Touring
GTP Stock
GTP Super Stock
GT 10 refer to page 50 in the ROAR rulebook.
and an exhibition US Vintage Trans Am class.

We look forward to having you there.

All ROAR rules will be in affect for this race.

For track information and pictures here is the stores website.
Stock touring and GTP looks like the classes for me...
Old 10-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Stock touring for me
Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Stock touring for me
no 12 scale?
Old 10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
no 12 scale?
Not for regionals I wanna focus on one class, but nats probably 12th also.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

stock, and maybe 12th if my secret weapon is up and running.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Stock touring for me.................
Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

stock 1/12th and stock sedan for me.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Unless I get the LIPO setup on my sedan then it will be just 12 stock for me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.