Wiki Posts
Search

Racing in Chaplin CT this weekend!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hi all.

I guess there has been alot of talk by some people about the requirement to be a ROAR member inorder to race at Control Freakz.

Weather you like ROAR or not there are benifits of being a member. I can go on and give you the usual "Why should I join ROAR" speach that you have probably heard a hundred time before, so I'll just cut to the chase.

The biggest benifit of being a ROAR member is the liability insurance that you get with your membership to cover your a$$ incase you or someone else gets injured at a race. Most people think that the tracks insurance is liable if something happens. That is not always the case. How would you like it if your sedan, 1/8 nitro, buggy, truggy, ect hit another racer or spectator and injured them. What if you found out thet you were going to be liable for their injuries. Being a ROAR member you are covered by ROAR's insurance policy. If you are not a member... all I can say is I hope you have deep pockets. A $30 a year memebership is a small price to pay inorder to have the peice of mind that your covered in the event of an accident.

See you at the track!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

While I often disagree with much relating to ROAR, I definitely agree that the annual membership fee is definitely worth it for the liability insurance.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thank you Ron...this is a very important point.

Most people dont have a personal umbrella policy that rc race..ha...this is a great and inexpensive coverage with Roar and really gives you some peace of mind if your car decides to talk off full throttle and hit someone.

Please guys Roar fee is very reasonable for the coverage it affords the average racer.

It also allows you to participate in the regionals.

Lets keep everything on the upswing and build some more for the next race.

Cheers
Jamie
Old 05-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by senna555
Gt class rules are pretty simple at this point.

.28 pull start motor/roto start motor. Basic engines only such as ofna force .28, Kyosho .28, etc.

Rubber tires

Buggy based conversion
Inferno gt/gt2
ofna ultra
ofna dm1

Basically gentlemen rules at this point.

Once we get tires sorted out we will have spec tire and as the class grows we will get more specific with the rules.

Please keep in mind this is a fun class...dont get crazy with motors if it becomes an issue we will ask you to run a stock type engine at the next event.

Thanks
Jamie

I see the rules. I am interested in looking at the track on a race day as a spectator as I am new to the onroad scene.

I have some Q's about the GT class rules. I do not have a .28 that I would want to run in my DM-1 SPEC. I am sure there are faster motors out there for this car but my engine has been heavily modified for a monster truck and it will not run well in a on road. So, having said that I have a bump start Picco 27 in my car currently. Is that an engine that I will be able to run or am I going to have to hold off until I can afford another 28? And I have purchased some Ipanema treaded tires, are they allowed?

just some Q's before I decide to jump in over my head and try and race this thing.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Not a problem just come down and race...we mentioned it before the gt is a fun class. Rules are pretty loose at this point as the class is just starting to pick up popularity.

If the car is insanely fast on the straight we ask that for the next race you put an appropiate engine in the car.

We are just trying to avoid people putting really expensive, high end and fast engines in the vehicles as this is a budget/spec type of class.

We will not discourage any first timer from running gt class regardless of the gear at this point. Worse case just run it a on the rich side if it has to much hp.

Come down check it out and have fun!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Outstanding, I am going to figure out where to cut the holes in the body and make it still legal, and see about making it run as good as possible and then work from there. The track looks amazing and I am dying to see it in person.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 3-172IN MTN
Outstanding, I am going to figure out where to cut the holes in the body and make it still legal, and see about making it run as good as possible and then work from there. The track looks amazing and I am dying to see it in person.
definitely don't worry about your body being legal for GT. As long as its a sedan body (versus an 1/8th scale wedge) it is fine with whatever holes you want/need.

As I have since been taught with Ipanema tires, it is important to put them through a heat cycle by scrubbing them before running. In other words run them for a minute or so, let them cool and clean with Simple Green. They are then good to go...
Old 05-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Rookie

I think the Ipanemas are in good shape now. I have been beating them a bit in a parking lot so they are all scuffed up.

I love this car. I have some launching issues but I am sure it is due to my choice of clutch springs. Sounds like I someone in there is revving it up and dropping the clutch!

Ipanemas are so much better than the stock junk that was on there before.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

!!Update!!

Spoke with Ken and please review following information for the next and all future events

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

INS Airbox is required for all 1/8 .21 engines (Does not apply to GT Class).

Efra rated pipes required for ALL .21 and .12 vehicles.
(Does not apply to GT class)

We are enforcing this to be proactive any reduce any and all possible complaints. We our doing our best to avoid problems before they occur with noise.

Pipes are clearly stamped with efra number and most people already have one. If you have a question on a specific pipe email me at [email protected] and I will do some research.

Please note if attendence goes beyond 70 entered racers (48 at last race) we will shorten the lower mains as need to finish at a reasonable time.

A MAINS WILL STILL BE 30 MINUTES FOR 1/8 AND 200MM STILL HAVE BUMP UPS FROM LOWER MAINS.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just ordered a DM1 SPEC and can't wait for it to get here .Watching you guys last time was not good the 17th can,t get here fast enougth . How many do you think are going to show up. (role call)
Old 05-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Carl,

I plan to practice on Saturday. so come on done and try it out.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok Dan i will see if i can get down there on Saturday.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

SATURDAY 5/9 PRACTICE DAY:

I will be at the track at 10am to blow off the surface and spray it down.

Forecast looks good for saturday...hope to see everyone at the track.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

How did saturday go sory i could not be there . But i will be there sunday 05/17
Old 05-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Good...around 15 guys or so practicing...weather was nice and sunny after 10am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.