Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Toyota/Lexus Cup 2003!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gtypecanare
The F201 has a longer wheelbase. I believe it's 278mm. Yeah, this should be a fun race.
It would be cool if Steve ran the F1RL race there. Charlie or Keith, would it work?
Old 09-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

gtypecanare - Shoot it sure would of cool to see a field of those Toyota GT1's flying down the straight away.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Oh well, I guess, it will be an all sedan affair, but it should be really cool to see all the Toyota/Lexus bodies out their. I wonder if someone will run this bad boy:

a Toyota bB
Old 09-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Losi claims the Lexus is suppose to have more aggressive steering than the Alfa. That was a theory.
Yeah I heard that too initially, but have since heard it is just the opposite...
Old 09-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by gtypecanare
Oh well, I guess, it will be an all sedan affair, but it should be really cool to see all the Toyota/Lexus bodies out their. I wonder if someone will run this bad boy:

a Toyota bB
Scion?
Old 09-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

RCInfinity - The F1 class will be okay, I'll talk with Steve and see if he would like to include our race in his schedule.

gtypecanare - Who makes that Scion xB body. One of my co-workers said that they saw that body on a R/C car at one of the Scion events. Do you know if that body will fit on the Yok mini. If so, I know a few people who have them and might be willing to run it. What do you think TPHALEN????

Sup Fred - Are you planning on attending the Toyota\Lexus Cup?? It's going to be a blast.

Keith
Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Yup, well in Japan it's the Toyota bB

How about this one:
Old 09-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcfiend
RCInfinity - The F1 class will be okay, I'll talk with Steve and see if he would like to include our race in his schedule.

gtypecanare - Who makes that Scion xB body. One of my co-workers said that they saw that body on a R/C car at one of the Scion events. Do you know if that body will fit on the Yok mini. If so, I know a few people who have them and might be willing to run it. What do you think TPHALEN????

Sup Fred - Are you planning on attending the Toyota\Lexus Cup?? It's going to be a blast.

Keith
Oh yeah...
Old 09-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

I've been posting pic's of tamiya bodies.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

gtypecanare - That body is ok to, but I really dig the xB or bB as you know it. Can you find out what the demensions are?? I sure would like to see if those would fit on a Yok mini's.

Fred - don't miss out you know you want to come. If you come I know of really good Pho` place we can go to after the race. It's reall close. You think it was good at the last place we went to, wait until you check out this place. Ask Neil about it, we go their for lunch sometimes.

Ok, it's time for bed....
Old 09-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Here's some info:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58265bb/bb.htm
Old 09-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcfiend
gtypecanare - That body is ok to, but I really dig the xB or bB as you know it. Can you find out what the demensions are?? I sure would like to see if those would fit on a Yok mini's.

Fred - don't miss out you know you want to come. If you come I know of really good Pho` place we can go to after the race. It's reall close. You think it was good at the last place we went to, wait until you check out this place. Ask Neil about it, we go their for lunch sometimes.

Ok, it's time for bed....
Did someone say Pho??? I am there, actually I would have been there without the Pho. But now I know I definitely can't miss this race. Anything for the Pho, (now I starting to get hungry ). I was already going when we talked last Sunday. Peeeaaacccee...
Old 09-03-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Let me know which Toyota bodies you guys want me to get (Tamiya and HPI only). I will need some time to source them, so the sooner you guys can tell me, the quicker I can get started on them.

Keith,

I spoke with Charlie today and the 2nd round of the F1RL series will be at the Toyota cup. We are starting on the 2nd Sunday of October at La Mirada, and the Toyota cup falls perfectly in time for the 2nd round. I'm working on trying to get a few Toyota F1 cars out there to represent I think Hugo's got one that's done up in the Toyota paint scheme already.

Steve Wang

Last edited by SpeedTech; 09-03-2003 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

That HKS Altezza would propably have some badass steering... Just wish those GT1 bodies would fit on any sedan
Old 09-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Let me know which Toyota bodies you guys want me to get (Tamiya and HPI only). I will need some time to source them, so the sooner you guys can tell me, the quicker I can get started on them.
Steve
I'll give you a call, but as for 200mm body, I would be interested in the HPI Toyota MRS-GT.

Neil

p.s. Did you get anymore of the Chevron Models Type S body in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.