Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R.I.P SoCal RC Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Yah, I think in time all race directors are like that....Well atleast it seems like that....
Old 12-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Socal will be missed. Raced there for 3 years.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by akura2
Hey... anyone know how I could get in touch with Slim?

the wife and I are looking to start an indoor track near the Downey/Lakewood/Paramount/Bellflower area to help keep the HB guys running and make it a little closer for the LA folks..... and I'm looking for "stuff"

carpet, asphalt, and possibly a dedicated micro track
what's up buddy, I just jumped back onto the forum after taking a couple of months off from rc.
I hear there is a off road rc track at a paint ball park in downy or paramount area, I forget the name and i don't thing they even use it yet. It may be worth investigating.

I'm taking a time out from rc for now, except for maybe a couple of oval races.
and I may finally build my mugen truggy.
but good luck on your track,

Wayne
Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll miss Socal as well! Even though I never raced there, I took my kids there on the weekends to watch both on/off- road races! Did they sell all their R/C parts??
Old 12-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The wall was pretty bare but no. There was still quite a bit of stuff. Not sure what they planned to do with it?
Old 12-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Mike kept saying "No you can't have it that cheap, they'll sell it back before they give it away".
Anyone else hear different?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
what's up buddy, I just jumped back onto the forum after taking a couple of months off from rc.
I hear there is a off road rc track at a paint ball park in downy or paramount area, I forget the name and i don't thing they even use it yet. It may be worth investigating.

I'm taking a time out from rc for now, except for maybe a couple of oval races.
and I may finally build my mugen truggy.
but good luck on your track,

Wayne
You are right! For every one interested in offroad electric. Paramount does have a offroad track with a drivers' stand. They even have a website. The name of the place is Hollywood Sports. This place has paintball, BMX, rock climbing, and even an offroad track in the back. Guys just don't go to use the track. I bet if enough of the SoCal offroad racers go to make/show a statement they will run races for all of you. It is on Compton (Sommerset) BL just east of Lakewood Bl. They open around 4 PM. Check www.hollywoodsports.com for more info. They have no onroad regardless what the website shows. I've been there before so trust me on this one! Call'em at (562)867-9600 and get your racing scheduled. Ask for Sonia and tell her Paco sent you.

Last edited by F. Mendoza; 12-21-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Mike kept saying "No you can't have it that cheap, they'll sell it back before they give it away".
Anyone else hear different?
Most of the stuff on the wall is old stock that the manufacturers wouldn't buy back for free, let alone for what they sold it for. Think about it. Why would SoCal try to sell to customers at 50% off if they could just box it up and return it for a full refund. Their mark up was a supposed 30%.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Most of the stuff on the wall is old stock that the manufacturers wouldn't buy back for free, let alone for what they sold it for. Think about it. Why would SoCal try to sell to customers at 50% off if they could just box it up and return it for a full refund. Their mark up was a supposed 30%.
I've never heard of an R/C manufacturer or distributor that takes returns.

I think if they did, there wouldn't be "Red tag" bins and HPI F1 parts at every hobby shop. I could be wrong, though...I just don't think it's true...LOL

Long live SoCal.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Our LHS sends stuff into the Dist. for Returns... Matter of fact the store manager was boxing up stuff the past month or so...some of which was well over 2 years old. She said they weren't getting SQUAT for most of it...but it was going to be applied toward credit for future Store Stock. (They aren't going out of business)

However, this same shop has a TON of stuff she said CAN'T be returned...and it's in the DISCOUNT BARGAIN BIN at about 15% of it's original LIST PRICE.

They also have stuff they are NOT ready to discount like that - but I'm sure will NEVER SELL - like SMC MATCHED 3300 packs for $89.99 (6 cell) Loose 2400 SANYO CELLS - priced at $8.99 per cell (I think they have at least ONE full box...maybe 2...and they've got a WHOLE lot of other Electronic Stuff that is 'obsolete' by todays "RACERS" standards...and they still want FULL RETAIL LIST PRICE for.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

May never again have a track or tracks with so much to offer
Old 12-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Heh i use to be there every day when i was younger, heh i have too many memorys from racing with all the pro stock buggy guys. I remember the supercross race it had a 15ft jump back in 2000 or 2001 when i won mod buggy not pro mod,

then stopped racing because of school reasons and I came back now graduated from high school to find it closed down, heh heart breaker ,

i was a small chubby white kid always pitted in the back on the onroad side,
Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

**For anyone interested in Running Electric On-road racing in Orange County, BendingCorners will like to invite you to our facility on any Saturday of the month for some free practice from 9am to 11pm.

- The gates open at 7:00am so you can set up and get charged and be ready to hit the track at 9:00am.

- If you would like to stay and race after 11:00am, you will be required to pay the daily rate.

Every skilled level of driver is invited to BCR for practice and racing and we hope to provide a facility for you continued growth in the r/c community.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:05 PM

If only you have an off-road track then I won't hesitate to go there.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SWTour - One Stop in Los Alamitos used to be a fun place...your the first person I have seen mention them....good times there. Wished they kept it dirt though...once they went to asphalt oval it killed them. Volcano Burger ruled wish we had that here in Texas.

Sad to hear SoCal finally closed their doors. Not hard to imagine with escalating costs to run a place nowadays and a lot of people not supporting their lhs. I never got to race there much but it was fun. Im in Texas now and we have a track thats comparable to SoCal and its in danger of being closed down due to expansion of a freeway...sucks cuz theres nothing else really around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.