HPI HB Challenge 08

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyh
Hi,

-How about HPI/HB wheels/rubber tires.
-Open foam tires for classes that allow foam tires.

Cool. I still use HPI 24mm rubber tires and have a few already ready to go. I will have to see if they are on HPI/HB rims thought. I may have to get some rims and glue up some more.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Updates 12/20/07

July 26th - The Hobby Shop, Dayton, Ohio

I'm also going to be chatting with long time Challenge veteran Randy Kastl, as he had some suggestions for the rules etc. And of course I welcome any input from everyone in here on the subject.
Randy and Mike must give a 3 lap "veteran" handicap in all classes they enter for the rest of us!

I think there should be a special prize awarded to anyone that can knock Mike out of the top spot in a class.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Update 12/20/07

Aug 16/17 - HPI/HB Onroad Challenge at 301 Raceway, Brandywine, MD

Thanks,

AH

Last edited by andyh; 12-20-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: correct location
Old 12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Update 12/20/07

Aug 16/17 - HPI/HB Onroad Challenge at 301 Raceway, Clinton, MD

Thanks,

AH
Will that be considered the North East location or are you still considering something in Jersey?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Originally Posted by Capt.Micro
Will that be considered the North East location or are you still considering something in Jersey?
We're still working on NJ for May

Old 12-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jan. Drift
Foothill Ranch, CA
Feb. On-road
Corona, CA 25.3 mi – about 26 mins from Foothill Ranch, CA
Mar. Off-road
Hemet, CA 73.2 mi – about 1 hour 23 mins from Foothill Ranch, CA
April Drift
Pomona, CA 38.2 mi – about 44 mins from Foothill Ranch, CA
May On-road
?? **NJ**
Jun Off-road
??
July On-road
Dayton, OH
Aug. On-road
Brandywine, MD
Sept. On-road & Off-road
Chesapeake, VA
Oct. Drift
??
Nov. On-road
??
Nov. Off-road
??
Dec. Drift
Foothill Ranch, CA

Lets see, 5 races so far on west coast (aka. Foothill Ranch, CA or within a 90 min drive) 4 races so far on east coast (aka. Northeastern US) ..... ..... Since I race On-road that means I have only 1 chance to have a HPI/HB Challenge race near me (southeastern US) ..... ..... Heck I've (a group of 6 of us) drove to HPI Challenge races in San Antonio, TX in '01 to the one in Casselberry, FL in '02 to the one in Dallas, TX in '03 to the one in Austin, TX in '04 and to the one in Casselberry, FL in '05.

So I guess they say I sould just drive the 814 mi – about 12 hours 45 mins to Dayton, OH or 996 mi – about 15 hours 30 mins to Chesapeake, VA or 1,053 mi – about 16 hours 28 mins to Brandywine, MD or 1,209 mi – about 18 hours 59 mins to ??,NJ or even the 1,905 mi – about 1 day 3 hours to Corona, CA ..... get lucky with the one in Nov or start saving gas money now huh .....

Last edited by c1 racin; 12-20-2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: To remove sarcastic remark.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

We're still trying to fit something in Texas, one of the HobbyTown's I believe, so....

One of the guys spoke to one of the shop's there, I have not heard back yet.

I'll be in contact with the marketing guys throughout break...so

Old 12-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c1 racin
even the 1,905 mi – about 1 day 3 hours to Corona, CA .....
If you want to come out to Corona, we have a guest room. I live about a block from Hobbytown and I would be happy to provide room and board to someone from Gulfport. I ran my car there a few years ago and the people there were really wonderful to me...it tore my heart out to see what happened to you guys.

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything...I'm serious. I'm sure you can score a cheap ticket somewhere. I'll even pick you up.

My other half is a HUGE Dallas fan as well...so she won't mind...you can talk football with her...LOL

$257 on Delta from GPT to ONT... lots of stops, but pretty cheap. Damn...just went to $374. Man...that was fast.

http://www.delta.com/booking/retriev...8203984921#top

Last edited by Turbo Joe; 12-20-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

We're still trying to fit something in Texas, one of the HobbyTown's I believe, so....

One of the guys spoke to one of the shop's there, I have not heard back yet.

I'll be in contact with the marketing guys throughout break...so

Well, has anyone contacted the guys at the Porter, TX track. It is where ROAR just hosted their 200mm Sedan Nationals this past November. They also hosted the onroad RC Pro Nationals back in November 2006. It is a permanent asphalt track with a huge covered offroad track right next to it. It is a very nice and accommodating facility operated by some very good people. The owner and operators are always looking for bigger races to hold there.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by c1 racin

Jan. Drift
Foothill Ranch, CA
Feb. On-road
Corona, CA 25.3 mi – about 26 mins from Foothill Ranch, CA
Mar. Off-road
Hemet, CA 73.2 mi – about 1 hour 23 mins from Foothill Ranch, CA
April Drift
Pomona, CA 38.2 mi – about 44 mins from Foothill Ranch, CA
May On-road
?? **NJ**
Jun Off-road
??
July On-road
Dayton, OH
Aug. On-road
Brandywine, MD
Sept. On-road & Off-road
Chesapeake, VA
Oct. Drift
??
Nov. On-road
??
Nov. Off-road
??
Dec. Drift
Foothill Ranch, CA

Lets see, 5 races so far on west coast (aka. Foothill Ranch, CA or within a 90 min drive) 4 races so far on east coast (aka. Northeastern US) ..... ..... Since I race On-road that means I have only 1 chance to have a HPI/HB Challenge race near me (southeastern US) ..... ..... Heck I've (a group of 6 of us) drove to HPI Challenge races in San Antonio, TX in '01 to the one in Casselberry, FL in '02 to the one in Dallas, TX in '03 to the one in Austin, TX in '04 and to the one in Casselberry, FL in '05.

So I guess they say I sould just drive the 814 mi – about 12 hours 45 mins to Dayton, OH or 996 mi – about 15 hours 30 mins to Chesapeake, VA or 1,053 mi – about 16 hours 28 mins to Brandywine, MD or 1,209 mi – about 18 hours 59 mins to ??,NJ or even the 1,905 mi – about 1 day 3 hours to Corona, CA ..... get lucky with the one in Nov or start saving gas money now huh .....
Dude, I know what you mean. The schedule thus far stinks. Just like ROAR, they are accommodating the East Coast and West Coast guys and leaving us in the middle of the country out in the cold. Since my vacation time is limited due to the new job, guess I will be putting my stuff back on the shelves and remember the good ole days of the HPI Challenges that use to accommodate folks that lived in most parts of the country.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I' m fine with the rules. It just means I have to find me a set of HPI rubber to buy for the Super Nitro Class.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C0NTENDER
I' m fine with the rules. It just means I have to find me a set of HPI rubber to buy for the Super Nitro Class.
There are a couple of LHSs in my area that still may have a pair or two hanging around if you are in dire need. If you can't find any in your area and have to have some, drop me a PM and I will check for you. I have several sets for mine and really don't need anymore.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
There are a couple of LHSs in my area that still may have a pair or two hanging around if you are in dire need. If you can't find any in your area and have to have some, drop me a PM and I will check for you. I have several sets for mine and really don't need anymore.
I just wish I wouldn't have sold my best pair like a month and a half ago. I thought the challenge was dead forever, so I started to dump my old stuff I wasn't using.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
If you want to come out to Corona, we have a guest room. I live about a block from Hobbytown and I would be happy to provide room and board to someone from Gulfport. I ran my car there a few years ago and the people there were really wonderful to me...it tore my heart out to see what happened to you guys.

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything...I'm serious. I'm sure you can score a cheap ticket somewhere. I'll even pick you up.

My other half is a HUGE Dallas fan as well...so she won't mind...you can talk football with her...LOL

$257 on Delta from GPT to ONT... lots of stops, but pretty cheap. Damn...just went to $374. Man...that was fast.

http://www.delta.com/booking/retriev...8203984921#top
Thank, but that's the one race I know I can't make. I'm going to be in NY that week and weekend because my wife is getting sworn in as a lawyer. But, thanks anyway ..... ..... maybe another time

oh and by the way ..... your wife has good taste .....
Old 12-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

i think i going to try to find a mustang e10 rtr what i the rules to race this and will thay have a class at corona don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.